SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

You will notice if you read that there is a SEPERATE GROUP OF PEOPLE developing the Client's OPTIONAL additions is so that the main team can contine doing exactly what they always have been, which is develop the game AS IT WAS at publish 14. Do not assume that there has suddenly been a descision to change everything. THERE HAS NOT.

The SWGemu team has simply expanded it's team a little further to include a group of people who are able to devise OPTIONAL additions to the game FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT. These additions will not be packaged in with the SWGemu server binaries. They will simply be available if one server should want to use them

I hope that makes it CRYSTAL clear to everybody. If it's not, feel free to PM me, and not waste the client team's time / space.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:47 AM

I think it is a bit short sighted to say the whole point was to get it to pre-cu, and then I assume leave it.

People will get bored of it. SWG pre-cu was the best version but by no means perfect. ie. Should a bug not be fixed because it was there in pre-cu? Why not have kashyyyk just because it wasnt pre-cu? No, additions are the way forward.

One question though, I dont think it has come up.

What happens with mod's if you play on different servers?
ie. You play on a pure pre-cu server with 0 mod's.
But you also play on a server with every mod going on it.

Will this effect the game in any way? Would it be better to have two installs of swg one for each server?

Personally if I found a server I liked I wouldnt play on another but just a thought.

Dream would be if swgemu released two servers. A normal one and a mod one as "official swgemu servers" that would be great. hehe. (I know plans for a server arent around yet but just dreaming at work).
Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelco View Post
One question though, I dont think it has come up.

Will this effect the game in any way? Would it be better to have two installs of swg one for each server?

Personally if I found a server I liked I wouldnt play on another but just a thought.
I guess the easiest would be either to have 2 installations, or get launchpad enhanced to re-patch/mod you every time you changed servers.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelco View Post
You can just open swgemu_live.cfg and just comment out/in the tres that have the mods in them when you switch servers, it's the manual way of course but it works.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 AM

Could it be possible to have the client(LPE or whatever) grab the files a server requires from the server and automatically create a log that tells the client to use said files every time you go back to the server? Something like the way Steam servers handles things(like on counterstrike).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my new project, Imperial Reign, over at: http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperial-reign
and http://imperialreign.darkbb.com
Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 AM

Guess at worst then if its just a config file you can create a program to switch between the two before you play. Would be a very simple program to write in about 5minutes.

Would be nice if LPE did it but it doesnt sound a big problem anyway. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm sure they'll be making a TRE packer though. Not a stable one exists... or at least one that were able to get our hands on. When that happens, I'm sure servers can use the swgemu_live.cfg to set restrictions as to what TRE's you need, for your client to operate corresponding to the server.

Let the server alter it heh. If the next server you log into is purist, then it'll reconfigure your client for pure barebone tre's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:17 AM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
I'm sure they'll be making a TRE packer though. Not a stable one exists... or at least one that were able to get our hands on. When that happens, I'm sure servers can use the swgemu_live.cfg to set restrictions as to what TRE's you need, for your client to operate corresponding to the server.

Let the server alter it heh. If the next server you log into is purist, then it'll reconfigure your client for pure barebone tre's.
wrong we got a fully working tre packer that got done on 26th May and its public me and Berix spent 3 days working out what was wrong we were on the right track and SWGANH told us what exactly was wrong with the packer so Berix fixed it and released it, check www.swgmods.org homepage for download links.

Edit: Oh also we know how to alter the tre structure so the client can still read it but tre extractors can't :P

Edit2: Also LPE can be editted to get the servers patches and .cfg so when u connect to a different server it will use there .cfg and there patches etc.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)

Last edited by Uli; 06-16-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
wrong we got a fully working tre packer that got done on 26th May and its public me and Berix spent 3 days working out what was wrong we were on the right track and SWGANH told us what exactly was wrong with the packer so Berix fixed it and released it, check www.swgmods.org homepage for download links.

Edit: Oh also we know how to alter the tre structure so the client can still read it but tre extractors can't :P

Edit2: Also LPE can be editted to get the servers patches and .cfg so when u connect to a different server it will use there .cfg and there patches etc.
Damn, nice!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: