SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Therefore, due to voting disparities with new accounts, adverse affect on the community of the polling process, and unaddressed issues, we are calling off the poll and the possibility of a wipe.
I dont care if the TC is wiped or not but I strongly believe if you make a poll you should stand by the poll results: 63% people agree with the wipe and 36% disagrees. Now you say you are calling off the poll, what means to me that no matter what people say, only how loud they cry.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidfadon View Post
I dont care if the TC is wiped or not but I strongly believe if you make a poll you should stand by the poll results: 63% people agree with the wipe and 36% disagrees. Now you say you are calling off the poll, what means to me that no matter what people say, only how loud they cry.
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
Yes, if they want 2/3 then is OK to don't wipe the server, but I'm quite afraid of people playing too serious a TC can be a problem for testing new things.

Last edited by cidfadon; 04-28-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidfadon View Post
Yes, if they want 2/3 then is OK to don't wipe the server, but I'm quite afraid of people playing too serious a TC can be a problem to testing new things.
I was trying to point out that percentages dont matter lol.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
It was 66.95% at the time of closing, vs a majority 66% threshold. And that was with a- literally- last second flood of additional "No, but I don't care" votes.

The "conspiracy theories" about vote tampering are idiotic, but also pointless- even if Diebold was running the poll, the results started very high in favor of a clean slate and never dropped below 66%.

I was among the 'yes' votes, but it's pretty clear that members of the Emu Staff were against the wipe. Their votes should weigh quite a bit heavier than ours. It is their ball.

Last edited by Lamune; 04-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Closed Thread