SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Retired Game Master

If there is a legitimate reason you need multiple accounts, or your IP may become attached to multiple accounts, you need to let an administrator know. There are times when you may innocently get your IP attached to a secondary account, such as letting a friend login to his or her account on your computer. This will make us think you have multiple accounts so if something like that happens please let an admin know so they don't lock one or both of the accounts.

The same goes for having more than one account per household. Everyone in your family can have an account, but if you're going to be using the same computer please let an admin know how many accounts to expect so none get banned. It's easier for everyone if you contact an admin before it becomes an issue.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

I think the multiple accounts and old banned user accounts should be deleted.

I don't see a reason to keep them at least.

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 04-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Euro-Chimaera Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
I think the multiple accounts and old banned user accounts should be deleted.

I don't see a reason to keep them at least.
Sort of like graves.

Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
Old 04-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
Is there any way some of us can help with the email correspondance? maybe sifting thorugh emails and sending back form letters for the most common questions and forewarding the interesting ones on?
Unfortunately, no. But I appreciate the kind offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat5560 View Post
I have a wireless router and 5 computers in my house that are connected to it. Three are directly plugged in and 2 are laptops that connect wireless. I also have 3 people in the house that play SWG and 3 who do not. If I'm in my bedroom playing and it gets late and my wife wants to sleep, are you saying that I cannot log off and switch to the computer in my office which may have been used to create my son's account?
No, we're asking you to provide us with the account names so that we can ensure they are exempted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis8908 View Post
We're talking about owning multiple accounts here and not using one account on multiple computers right? Ever since I found the Emu, I've played it on my desktop, but a couple of months ago I bought a laptop and wanted to play the Emu on that. I'm just making sure its cool to log on to my old account and play the Emu on my new computer.
You should be fine. If you experience a problem, simply email myself or Phantomleader and we'll address it.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post

No, we're asking you to provide us with the account names so that we can ensure they are exempted.

ok, and the question everyone is asking yet you guys are failing to answer is, what keeps everyone on this site from doing just that? E-mailing you saying that they have 3 family members that need accounts, and then just playing them all themselves??????? It seems like you guys are going through alot of hassel for no results at all.

Don't get me wrong...I will follow the rules, but of course it will gimp me compared to those who will lie. In the end, the liars and cheeters win and the honest people get the short end of the stick.

Let me ask you a serious question?? Why are you guys against multiple accounts?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
ok, and the question everyone is asking yet you guys are failing to answer is, what keeps everyone on this site from doing just that? E-mailing you saying that they have 3 family members that need accounts, and then just playing them all themselves??????? It seems like you guys are going through alot of hassel for no results at all.
Oh good, I thought I had been made invisible. I was about to run out in the streets naked but you have brought me back from the brink. Unless of course I am just a figment of your imagination in which case I'm screwed out of existence as soon as you stop subconsciously thinking about me.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong...I will follow the rules, but of course it will gimp me compared to those who will lie. In the end, the liars and cheeters win and the honest people get the short end of the stick.

Let me ask you a serious question?? Why are you guys against multiple accounts?
You know if you re-arrange those two paragraphs you can turn what you said from a serious question into a rhetorical one.

Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Again, we're paying attention. If someone feels the need to campaign multiple accounts to us and fabricate an elaborate plan hatched to manipulate us into allowing a second account, then so be it.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Again, we're paying attention. If someone feels the need to campaign multiple accounts to us and fabricate an elaborate plan hatched to manipulate us into allowing a second account, then so be it.
I suffer from multiple personality disorder. Can we have another account?

Yeah, can we?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
So what are you really saying...? It sounds like you are saying that those who lie and cheat will have an advantage over those who don't. If that is in fact the case, then why are you guys stressing yourselves out with the fact that you are policing this very thing even today on Nova? I think the only way to catch someone is if they are multiboxing (playing both accounts on the same computer at the same time) because any other way I would just say it was my wife playing and get the girl next door to send you an e-mail.

I don't want people to make multiple accounts because I want to know the true number of people interested in this project. See straight forward. I wish you guys would say something like that, because that makes sense.

Don't misunderstand my post as complaining, I'm just very concerned that the project is being stalled because you guys are wasting time on account polices. In fact, this post and the one by PL clearly shows that you guys are spending a lot of time on this.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
So what are you really saying...? It sounds like you are saying that those who lie and cheat will have an advantage over those who don't. If that is in fact the case, then why are you guys stressing yourselves out with the fact that you are policing this very thing even today on Nova? I think the only way to catch someone is if they are multiboxing (playing both accounts on the same computer at the same time) because any other way I would just say it was my wife playing and get the girl next door to send you an e-mail.

I don't want people to make multiple accounts because I want to know the true number of people interested in this project. See straight forward. I wish you guys would say something like that, because that makes sense.

Don't misunderstand my post as complaining, I'm just very concerned that the project is being stalled because you guys are wasting time on account polices. In fact, this post and the one by PL clearly shows that you guys are spending a lot of time on this.
Will you just please let it go, PLEASE PLEASE...
Old 04-11-2009, 07:49 PM

legitimate multiple accounts should be labeled as such in-game so that other players can see. And the notation should link those that come from the same household/computer. This would discourage illegitimately acquired "legitimate" accounts. It's one thing to fool the admin with an email, it's another to fool friends and guildmates.

the location of the label doesn't have to be obvious, it could be hidden on the bio page or something, but players will see it and naturally ask who else they share "account-space" with.

it's a simulation game. A player driven account monitoring system would fit nicely :P It wont be 100% effective but I think once set up would provide much more security for little management effort.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Look at this genius:

He made one got banned, and then quickly made another one
Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Look at this genius:

He made one got banned, and then quickly made another one
What are you trying to show here?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
What are you trying to show here?
Unlimited stupidity.

And you?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Unlimited stupidity.

And you?
I simply asked what it was that screenshot was trying to show. If you want to be an ******* thats your problem not mine.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: