SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:31 AM

Anyone care to justify charging 3+ mil for a sub 190 damage VK? Funny how inflated things have gotten.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erminator View Post
There was no minority or majority, the poll was duped and there fore invalid, now stop flaming the devs and live with the fact you have a free game on a TEST server and enjoy until OR
Wrong.
The VAST majority voted for a wipe.
One or more moderators on this board altered the vote count and then deleted the poll thread.

(I'll post these links again since I know it'll be asked)
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

Take a close look at those numbers.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
Now that we have something, few can simply say thank you, instead most of you are all a ungratefull bastards.
What are you babbling on about fool? this has nothing to do with what's been done so far. If you weren't here when the polls were up can you please think before you speak. You're so quick to label anyone who's upset as a "swgemu hater", without even knowing the circumstances. The reason people are angered is because they're part of the community just like you and any of the other fools galloping around on your high horse.

Last edited by Jengu-fet; 04-28-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 AM

This just makes me sad. Thank you Devs for attempting to treat the community as responsible people. Unfortunately when push comes to shove this showed that we are not. Thank you for your patience towards us.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit6 View Post
Anyone care to justify charging 3+ mil for a sub 190 damage VK? Funny how inflated things have gotten.
So go buy a 180dmg VK off the bazaar for 20k like most of us have been doing for a while now. Who freakin cares, its a test center.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:48 AM

I was here for the polls. I voted in both of them. However, Whether there was a poll or not, or whether or not the actions of the devs were based on the results of the poll, is irrelevant. Recognizing the fact that this is a free game no one here has a right to complain to any of the Emu staff about the outcome of either of these polls or anything else regarding the development and functionality of the game. All of us are here by the good graces of the people working hard to make this endeavor happen. By all means offer advice, but dont whine untill your blue in the face because you dont get your way.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengu-fet View Post
What are you babbling on about fool? this has nothing to do with what's been done so far. If you weren't here when the polls were up can you please think before you speak. You're so quick to label anyone who's upset as a "swgemu hater", without even knowing the circumstances. The reason people are angered is because they're part of the community just like you and any of the other fools galloping around on your high horse.
Right, the community. Unfortunately it was the community that screwed this one up. Jacking with the votes, flaming the hell out of each other. Acting like spoiled brats, from the time the first poll went up...right up until now.

The community, as you so thoughtfully put it, should be worried about the future of the game as a whole. Not little bits and pieces of a test center that are insignificant in the long run.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:50 AM

I feel like an a$$ for making a comparison of this project to SOE, I really do. I appreciate what has been done on development, and with efforts made to strengthen the community. I know I've made mistakes before, big mistakes, and I probably will again (though I hope not big ones).

I can't say I forgive the staff responsible for what took place the past few days, but I can understand what it means to make mistakes. I can look past the mistakes if they aren't very severe and come at a low frequency.

People seem to complain about politicians who 'do nothing', but the thing about doing nothing is, you don't screw something up worse than it is. Planning and foresight are needed when taking action (such as a vote or writing policy); if something major gets overlooked, then someone might as well have dropped a bowling ball through a faulty glass bottom boat, because that just might sink in the right conditions... no matter the precautions taken to keep it afloat.

I'm still angry about what happened. I'm not angry about the dupes, cheats, script kiddies, etc... I'm not angry about the development here (programmers here are top notch). I'm not even angry that things were promised and not delivered (basically being lied to). I'm angry at my reaction, and I'm angry I didn't do more to help in the process instead of degrading the process. The entire process failed due to this... a shared blame by 90% of us who contributed opinions.

I posted about how weak the poll was implemented (regards to legitimacy of voters) and how it could be salvaged by implementing forum tools to keep it from degrading. I reported posts that were spreading false information (where no action was taken to clear up bad information). But I did these things in a sea of arguments and in a manner and tone that were bound to be ignored. I am at fault, and I'm angry about that fact alone.

I apologize for my misdirected anger and condescending demeanor during this ordeal. I don't ask to be forgiven, but I hope it can be understood, as I can understand the other side as well.

I hope in the future that we can all learn from what took place and not repeat the same mistakes.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Here Zap, have a refund for everything this game has cost you. Now, STOP WHINING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erminator View Post
There was no minority or majority, the poll was duped and there fore invalid, now stop flaming the devs and live with the fact you have a free game on a TEST server and enjoy until OR
You guys are missing the whole point here... please stop trying to remind everyone that this a free TC, we all know that. The FACT remains that THEY asked us what our opinion was, then just ignored.
If your going to do what ever pleases you then don't ask 2000 other people.

Quote:
Its sad really. It shows the decline of America and just how far the MTV generation has fallen. Everyone here is being provided with a FREE game that is being privatly funded, supported and developed. Moreover, it is a game that we all lost years ago and for some time, never thought we would get back. Now that we have something, few can simply say thank you, instead most of you are all a ungratefull bastards.

I will not be counted in that majority. Devs, you have my deepest appreciation for your work on this project and you shall have my support on whatever measures must be taken for it to succeed.
Don't get me wrong, I also have the deepest appreciation, just like everyone else, for what the devs are doing in general. If they had decided on a wipe w/o asking then no one would have any say in the matter. This became OUR decision the second the devs posted the poll.

Oh and for everyone who's blaming people created accounts to increase votes, how do you know how they voted? They could be evenly distributed for all we know, so there's no point to be made there...
Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 AM

They didn' "just ignore" it. A decent respect to the opinions of anyone here required that the polls be thrown out because of the corruption involved in them. Corruption I'm sure was shared by both sides. I will agree with you sir, that if there were to be a wipe, it should be announced and done because people are always going to try and find an angle to get what they want, otherwise, stick to the original plan and wipe at the OR.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphresz View Post
You guys are missing the whole point here... The FACT remains that THEY asked us what our opinion was, then just ignored.
I think you should go back and read the first post in this thread. They didn't ignore your opinion. They had valid reasons for what they did, whether you agree with their decision or not.

If they wanted to ignore you, they never would have posted the polls. Why create the drama? Makes no sense.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:05 AM

Where is the result's of the Poll.. 24hr's later and the 2nd poll has gone missing..

If we had the number's for a Wipe Why not Wipe..

If you take into account the number of active player's, in the game.. a loss of 10% is Nothing.. so how many active player's are there..?

J
Old 04-28-2010, 04:13 AM

For all those who keep saying that this game is FREE. Think again.

The day the flow of money ends is the same day this project comes to an end.
In my opinion, If you play, you should pay.

This isn't a matter of "I'm happy there isn't a wipe so I'll donate" or "I'm angry about recent events so I'll never donate".

This is a matter of "If you do not donate, expect the server to go away without notice."

I've decided to go over to Eve Online since some of my friends just went back there but if I come back here, (definitely will if 1.0 is ever completed) I will do my part and support the game financially for as long as I get enjoyment from it.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:22 AM

Wow didnt know we had so many nge whiners on here. Im guessing the 66% of the voters who said yes never played pre cu?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:27 AM

And you guys fail to realize even if they DID wipe, the OR server wouldnt be ready so we would just be playing on a test center all over again. That would be a waste of time and the people who worked hard for what they have would likely quit playing, therefore no more donations.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: