SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 AM

Well, it's an online game being played by even now hundreds of people. Difficult to predict I would say whether the economic system in game is reasonably resistant to inflation and exploit. Best way to find out it seems, would be to try it in a reasonably non-committal environment such as... TC:Nova.

*Shrug*

It's 5:00 AM here at the moment, you'll have to try to forgive me if my thoughts aren't clear. Of course, I understand if you disagree. I'm not exactly deadset behind this position, just musing.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 AM

posting no pay 50k
Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 AM

Man i really really really don't want to grind master armorsmith again.... and proablly won't This is really going to hurt the very few crafters out there actually testing crafting. All those resources. ect gone in an instant.

So basically Venand, you voted yes and you really dont even know what they are going to do, with exception to everthing you've done will be gone.

creat plz gungans on last week...do it for players
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 AM

I am really dont want give 35mil xp for stand jedi master
Old 04-26-2010, 05:21 AM

People who worried about characters being wiped, and which dont realise they will be anyway. Server will be different you will have to grind all out again.
But i also understand, the people who won't grind like master Armorsmith again just for testing purpose to get wiped again. And will wait for live servers.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlam View Post
Man i really really really don't want to grind master armorsmith again.... and proablly won't This is really going to hurt the very few crafters out there actually testing crafting. All those resources. ect gone in an instant.
Disclosure: A lot of the community on here probably think that I have a Jedi or dupe credits, well the fact is my most active Toon is Squatch, who is a "pure" crafter with no combat skills. The above post is more along the lines of where I am coming from. Again, IF this is about helping the OR, and IF this is about helping the game with added content and fixes, then I support it.

However I see in the revised statement vague comments about exploiters and prevelence of Jedi. Those two reasons are not enough to convince me with the Logic to vote yes.

BTW, IMHO posts that only have one word either "yes" or "no" or three word broken sentences do not contribute intellectually to this debate.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:24 AM

I see that most of "yes" voter have no idea for what they were voting.
You will not be able to get a buff for 5-10k and master any combat profession in short times, will not be able to buy decent armor or weapon to start with, you won't find anything worth spending your credits at all right after the wipe. All you will have is CDEF gear and empty server to play with.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:24 AM

It seems to me that a lot of people are voting "yes" simply because the devs suggested the wipe. People, we're being asked for our opinions, not our approval.
From what I've read, the majority of the people who have actually read the first post would be for a wipe if it introduced new elements to the game. As it stands, the offered changes just don't appeal to many of us.
Please save the wipes for major updates, not merely to reset economic issues which will invariably present themselves again in a matter of time.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 AM

not true OlisJ i'll be going master WS in a couple days after server starts over may even go armorsmith this time it only takes 8.5 hours and 200k metal which i can gather in less than 10 hours

fight me---->>> http://tehmulletman.mybrute.com
join me---->>> http://mybrute.com/team/209229

One of the reasons they state for the wipe is to equalize the looted and crafted component. This isn't going to help the crafters. First there will be no crafters for awhile so the only equipment will be looted. Plus we will have to wait for key resources to spawn again. (which sometimes takes months) Then regrind everything. I'm not sure i understand are crafted items too good? and we need to make looted items better?
Right now my comp is sitting at 54% base with 80% kin. Mabari at 22% base. Chitan with 74% kin. And i still can't make ubease because no decent neutronium steel has spawned.

Didn't they tell us we'd have Nova until the OR? I sort of put in a ton of time and effort that hasn't quite paid off yet. I was really counting on another month or two before a wipe.

I don't have a ton of money or uber items but I don't feel imparied by the fact they exist on the server. A server reset on the other hand, would really make me wonder how many people would suddenly have a CU and/or NGE implementaion flashback. I would be pretty bummed about the characters I'd built.

You know what, it's just not time to say goodbye to them yet. Save it for the OR!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 AM

time spent in game play has no warrant for debate. suck it up people.

its obvious they need a wipe for even developer purposes. They show their honor and respect towards the community with asking but all in all, we have really no voice if we want a FULLY working SWGEmu. So, that said by all means, move forward and do what needs to be done.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 AM

why would they ask if it was neccesary? I'm thinking it is not nessecary thats why they are asking.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: