SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Its just you

But there were 1k instances logged just before the deadlock and there was no lag and no rubber-banding. It was awesome.
QFE

I was very surprised at how smooth it was earlier. Great job on the fixes.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 PM

/prays for OR soon.

Good work so far, stuff looks to be progressing well. Thanks for the update!

Last edited by fixit6; 10-31-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Max wrote

Since only a minimal amount of code from the current TC revision can be reused...
---------------------------------------------------

Ouch. Am I reading this right? Four years of development to get to where you were, and now you're basically back at square one (or two) again? Because to me that implies that Suncrusher could very well be something like 5-6 years or more away...

Anyway, I'd also like to say that I'm currently seeing some truly horrendous levels of botting, cheating, and gold spamming going on in MMORPGs these days. It really does seem like a whole new generation has taken over online gaming from the old guard, and that these e-brats and farmers have become a malignant cancer. I think you guys on test center should probably cut the devs some slack on the rubber banding thing. In fact - and I know I'm going to get some hate for this one - I'm not sure I'll even play SWGemu unless there are also going to be some tough tools to crack down on unattended macroing. I know Sony's enforcement was zero on this too, but personally I'm just sick to death of it. I admit it shouldn't mean anything to me when I grind my way to Master (and have fun doing it) and someone else just macros their way there in a few days. But for some reason it does. Maybe one of you who's taken psych 101 can tell me what my malfunction is? But I do suspect I'm not the only one.

Last edited by Pynda; 11-01-2009 at 06:14 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Galaxies Reborn Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynda View Post

Ouch. Am I reading this right? Four years of development to get to where you were, and now you're basically back at square one (or two) again? Because to me that implies that Suncrusher could very well be something like 5-6 years or more away...
I can't help wondering the same...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
True, but it seems like we've traded lag and rubberbanding for DEADLOCK SPAM!

Y'know what'd solve that, and keep the lag gone? An auto-restart that manually restarted the server every few hours. Even if it hadn't crashed, just a reboot every few hours. Keeps memory leaks in check, and should the server deadlock it'll automatically be back in a couple hours anyways. It'll suck for the AFK grinders, but the rest of us can simply rejoin.

Seriously. Have you ever been a crafter?? Moan all you want about people being afk but without it you wouldn't have anything to buy. Here is the chef grind mat list......

3.9k Vegetables
3.9k Cereal
12k Wheat
6k Oats
98.5k Berries
49.3k Fruits
55.4k Water

Now even when taking into account we are getting double exp atm thus dividing those totals in half, I'm asking you, whether you would want to sample all of that lot ATK?? I am prepared to bet the answer is no. Once harvesters are in then the issue will go away but I guess we'll have a long wait for that until the OR is done (just guessing there)

As for afk combat grinders, well they are just pathetic. But zapping all afk people will end up with the combat types having nothing to buy coz I for one am not gonna ATK sample 100k or more of resources for a elite crafting prof.

And ON TOPIC....... Thx for the update Max. Nice to know how the project is progressing
Soon: Copyright 2003-2009 SWGEmu. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between SWGEmu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, SWGEmu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as SWGEmu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynda View Post

It's more like revising/rewriting an essay. It's much easier to rewrite an essay when you have already done it once and have figured out its flow and content.

Basically, the current TC code base allowed us to uncover most of the unknowns about how things should work. It allowed us to overcome problems and make discoveries. Now that we know how everything should work, we can rewrite it all to be more efficient and more expandable in a fraction of the time.

While it may seem like we are starting from square one, it simply isn't the case. Everyone will see some major, rapid progress soon. Have faith in us to deliver.

Last edited by cRush; 11-01-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
It's more like revising/rewriting an essay. It's much easier to rewrite an essay when you have already done it once and have figured out its flow and content.

Basically, the current TC code base allowed us to uncover most of the unknowns about how things should work. It allowed us to overcome problems and make discoveries. Now that we know how everything should work, we can rewrite it all to be more efficient and more expandable in a fraction of the time.

While it may seem like we are starting from square one, it simply isn't the case. Everyone will see some major, rapid progress soon. Have faith in us to deliver.
We have faith don't you worry lol What has already been achieved is amazing lol
Soon: Copyright 2003-2009 SWGEmu. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between SWGEmu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, SWGEmu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as SWGEmu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Old 11-01-2009, 11:34 AM

I appreciate your work! Go for it, we're haning on with you there
/deepbow
Old 11-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Great update!

Thanks for all the efforts.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Awesome guys =D

Visit DRAKE for more info.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaminu View Post
Seriously. Have you ever been a crafter?? Moan all you want about people being afk but without it you wouldn't have anything to buy. Here is the chef grind mat list......

3.9k Vegetables
3.9k Cereal
12k Wheat
6k Oats
98.5k Berries
49.3k Fruits
55.4k Water

Now even when taking into account we are getting double exp atm thus dividing those totals in half, I'm asking you, whether you would want to sample all of that lot ATK?? I am prepared to bet the answer is no. Once harvesters are in then the issue will go away but I guess we'll have a long wait for that until the OR is done (just guessing there)

As for afk combat grinders, well they are just pathetic. But zapping all afk people will end up with the combat types having nothing to buy coz I for one am not gonna ATK sample 100k or more of resources for a elite crafting prof.

And ON TOPIC....... Thx for the update Max. Nice to know how the project is progressing
God why do people always assume that just because you say something against something else, you've never tried it. Yes I have a crafter, yes I spend HOURS grinding mats. Jesus, does that change the fact that the good of the many outweigh the good of the few? Keeping the server lag free and ONLINE is more important then crafters afk grinding.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 PM

you cant AFK grind crafting for like the 1000th time.

Stop acting like you know whats best Colt, its getting tiresome.

Even worse, you admit to AFK grinding mobs, so stop being so hypocritical. By your reasoning you should be kept out to keep the server lag free. Needs of the many outweigh the few amirite?

You just keep pulling statements and facts support to your arguments out of thin air. I don't believe for a second that you spent any time crafting, or else you would know how you can't craft AFK.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 11-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
since in pre-cu you could i would say you can do it here aswell

bunch of macros and the automatet mouse move tool and your set

(didnt use them back then or here but i know that they existed and 99% of all hologrinding jedi used them)
Old 11-01-2009, 02:13 PM

Again with the made up numbers. Most people won't risk botting.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post

Stop acting like you know whats best Colt, its getting tiresome.

Even worse, you admit to AFK grinding mobs, so stop being so hypocritical. By your reasoning you should be kept out to keep the server lag free. Needs of the many outweigh the few amirite?

You just keep pulling statements and facts support to your arguments out of thin air. I don't believe for a second that you spent any time crafting, or else you would know how you can't craft AFK.
Sure is trying to sound smart in here.

1: I didn't say afk crafting, I said crafters afk grinding, grinding what? Well mats of course.

2: I generally do know whats best and until proven wrong I'll keep striving for it

3: ACTUALLY I never said keep the AFK grinders out, I said they wont be able to afk grind for long because with my idea the server auto reboot would kick them out. And since they're AFK, they aren't around to re-log in. So it's not hypocritical in the least, plz lern 2 reed?

4: Again, I never said you could AFK craft, u rly need 2 lern 2 reed lul.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: