SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Great update guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XannQuilo View Post
forgive me, but what does OR stand for?
Wow, really? It's in the update.....

<PL> <IEBO> <TXF> <TIS> <CDS> Yea... I got around Imperial guilds ftw!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XannQuilo View Post
forgive me, but what does OR stand for?
Sorry about Tovo.

It stands for "Object Restructure" they are basicly re-coding the game and cleaning up the mess, so it will be easier to work with.
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.

Last edited by Lubbe; 02-20-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Better not be a troll
Old 02-22-2010, 01:45 PM

I am perturbed by the mention of "adding future content" to the game in the original post. Does this mean adding things that weren't in SWG pre-NGE? In my opinion that would be a terrible move.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidirak View Post
I am perturbed by the mention of "adding future content" to the game in the original post. Does this mean adding things that weren't in SWG pre-NGE? In my opinion that would be a terrible move.
future content on a private server.
they say suncrusher is going to be a a replica of pre cu. so if you just want to play the old school way with no modified content stick to this development teams own server, Suncrusher. look it up with the search function.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelvin View Post
they say suncrusher is going to be a a replica of pre cu. so if you just want to play the old school way with no modified content stick to this development teams own server, Suncrusher. look it up with the search function.
i second that. adding new content, whatever that may be, would only add to the experience of the server you are playing on. there will probably be servers that have a lot of experimental content on them. If thats not your thing then just choose a vanilla server.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM

TROLL TROLL TROLL

I'm not that retarded.

When you broke down the OR into three phases - and you said only half of the total workload is done - where does that translate into progress?

Like I've said before - you guys punted. You tried in the beginning, and now the donating community has waited the better part of a decade.

You won't find fanboi dev love nuggets here. Cascade dev fail.

When you promise and spin, "manufacture" rather than accomplish progress, just reinforces what a snail paced farcical failure this projhect has been.

TC:Nova is the Special Olympics of SWG.

Try releasing an Update where you've done something besides an impersonatin of Robert Gibbs or Baghdad Bob.

Results not talk.

DBag(s),

A
Old 02-23-2010, 03:33 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
TROLL TROLL TROLL

I'm not that retarded.

When you broke down the OR into three phases - and you said only half of the total workload is done - where does that translate into progress?

Like I've said before - you guys punted. You tried in the beginning, and now the donating community has waited the better part of a decade.

When you promise and spin, "manufacture" rather than accomplish progress, just reinforces what a snail paced farcical failure this projhect has been.

Try releasing an Update where you've done something besides an impersonatin of Robert Gibbs or Baghdad Bob.

Results not talk.

DBag(s),

A
Rage much?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelvin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry_peel View Post
i second that. adding new content, whatever that may be, would only add to the experience of the server you are playing on. there will probably be servers that have a lot of experimental content on them. If thats not your thing then just choose a vanilla server.
Tbh, i think it is pretty naive to think that there won't be new added content in Suncrusher after launch.

yeah it would be fine for year or 2, but any server that wont add new stuff after while will die slowly. People get bored to the same content over and over again quite fast.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
TROLL TROLL TROLL

I'm not that retarded.

Results not talk.

DBag(s),

A
Well....code your own swg emulator. That's all there is to say. Good luck with that.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry_peel View Post
actually the devs look forward to adding content after 1.0 suncrusher will be vanilla at launch, but will evolve after that.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:59 AM

i think that adding content from NGE would be a good thing of course that all content must be balanced and be canon. i would be really angry if they add the new planets such Kashyyyk as it was implemented in NGE (not letting the players to go everywhere). About the bunker, from NGE, make it only available for guilds as a HQ even if the guild is Civilian (just an idea)! one other thing that i didn't like is the DNA signature on weapons and armors i think that is just lame.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
i think that adding content from NGE would be a good thing of course that all content must be balanced and be canon. i would be really angry if they add the new planets such Kashyyyk as it was implemented in NGE (not letting the players to go everywhere). About the bunker, from NGE, make it only available for guilds as a HQ even if the guild is Civilian (just an idea)! one other thing that i didn't like is the DNA signature on weapons and armors i think that is just lame.
Well, in your case, sorry to say but most games are moving towards increased instanced content (such as in WoW: WotLK) like you are referring to on Kashyyyk. They are trying to make areas not overrun by people of differing levels and quest progressions. That way, more content can be packed into the same amount of space. Also, Kashyyyk wasnt addded for the NGE, so in my opinion, not much of the actual content that was added in the NGE is worth much.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM

SWG pre-Cu is a persistent world which made this game really interesting compared to other MMOs. By including instances i think that won't be a good thing, i do not like instances... for the NGE content, i was thinking for the new content added after NGE like trials of Obi Wan and the revenge of the Wookies and etc.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
Tbh, i think it is pretty naive to think that there won't be new added content in Suncrusher after launch.

yeah it would be fine for year or 2, but any server that wont add new stuff after while will die slowly. People get bored to the same content over and over again quite fast.

i never said anything about it staying that way, i figure what they develop will have more reason than anyones half baked ideas in the future server ideas, rolled up into one giant ball. and i don't appreciate being called naive, in any context in your thoughts or otherwise, i would appreciate if you would redact that statement via the edit button.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:08 AM

Oh, and to Sawyer T...

man i dont know what the deal was, i guess the site i was on was just a mirror of this one, cause it looked just like this but the last post i saw was like sept 09. either way thank you so much for responding to my emails and directing me down the path to the darkside.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: