SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskool12345 View Post
That worked out fantastic for SOE didn't it......
Far as I can tell, SOE still runs SWG with a larger player base than the EMU has.

SOE was getting paid to provide you a service. See the difference?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:43 PM

I voted for a wipe,anyway i'll continue to play as before (i would have done the same thing after a wipe too).

I trust the developers, i'm sure they will take the right decision for the future of the TC (as they did until now).
Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 PM

lulwut why say no to wipe... bad bad noobs thanks for ruining any chance of fun on nova iRmad!

Would you mind changing your signature please? There may be some epileptic players in our community. Thanks for you understanding."

Last edited by RemusStarsider; 04-29-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow2k View Post
Far as I can tell, SOE still runs SWG with a larger player base than the EMU has.

SOE was getting paid to provide you a service. See the difference?
As far as I can tell, Blizzard has a larger player base then every current pay to play MMO combined. See I can ignore points as well.

My point in my last post was that it is idiotic to continuously ignore the majority of your player base thinking you can do no wrong. Sure SOE may still be running SWG with enough people playing to get by, but it's obvious that by going against their fan base is why we are here today playing this emulation. Paying to play a game or it being free has nothing to do with anything. If you go against what the majority of your fan base wants time and time again, you will ultimately fail.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin' View Post
damn, I was gonna come back and start testing again. I had stopped because the loot was ridiculous, whats the point of testing with gear being 10x better than what should be expected.
amen brother. exactly how I feel.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 AM

maybe the people crying about the wipe, should take note of the fact its a test server meant to find and eliminate bugs...they've screwed us over by leaving us all stuck with bugged code cause the developement team cant take a needed step without having their eyes bleed by a few cry babies.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 AM

lol

Whatever i'm sure there are good reasons although it is a bit dissapointing. Hopefully it did not come down to someone complaining who was a big donater. Have seen that many times before on other servers. Then again if they pay the bills, then Im thankful you kept them happy.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskool12345 View Post
As far as I can tell, Blizzard has a larger player base then every current pay to play MMO combined. See I can ignore points as well.

My point in my last post was that it is idiotic to continuously ignore the majority of your player base thinking you can do no wrong. Sure SOE may still be running SWG with enough people playing to get by, but it's obvious that by going against their fan base is why we are here today playing this emulation. Paying to play a game or it being free has nothing to do with anything. If you go against what the majority of your fan base wants time and time again, you will ultimately fail.
Did you read this thread?

They aren't ignoring you. They just don't agree with your outlook on what the server needs at this time. If you didn't read the posts from the Devs in this thread, I suggest you do so.

Look, community input is great. Every developer wants input into what the players think. But that doesn't mean they're always going to agree with you. And quite honestly, often times if they do listen, you don't get what you thought you were asking for anyway. Yes, you want a wipe, I get that. But the wipe comes with consequences too, and the Devs weren't willing to deal with those consequences at this time.

For the record, SOE did originally listen to their player base. How do you think the CU came about, anyway? People crying about mind dmg, 90% composite, stun dmg, Jedi being too strong/weak (yes, both at the same time), etc, etc... SOE listened to all those cries. The CU is what you got.

Then they stopped listening because of the constant crying was just too much. So they did what they wanted, and in comes the NGE.

What do you want, exactly? Pre-CU SWG? So do the Devs. I'm guessing that considering their the ones making it, perhaps we should let them walk their own path to get there. In the end, you'll get what you want. Just try a little patience.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 AM

One could write a neat sociology or anthropology essay over dealings in this community. It is very very unique.

Hell why not a political science paper too?

If you can read this, thank a music teacher

Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow2k View Post
Did you read this thread?

They aren't ignoring you. They just don't agree with your outlook on what the server needs at this time. If you didn't read the posts from the Devs in this thread, I suggest you do so.

Look, community input is great. Every developer wants input into what the players think. But that doesn't mean they're always going to agree with you. And quite honestly, often times if they do listen, you don't get what you thought you were asking for anyway. Yes, you want a wipe, I get that. But the wipe comes with consequences too, and the Devs weren't willing to deal with those consequences at this time.

For the record, SOE did originally listen to their player base. How do you think the CU came about, anyway? People crying about mind dmg, 90% composite, stun dmg, Jedi being too strong/weak (yes, both at the same time), etc, etc... SOE listened to all those cries. The CU is what you got.

Then they stopped listening because of the constant crying was just too much. So they did what they wanted, and in comes the NGE.

What do you want, exactly? Pre-CU SWG? So do the Devs. I'm guessing that considering their the ones making it, perhaps we should let them walk their own path to get there. In the end, you'll get what you want. Just try a little patience.
Oh I read it and find it absurd that they are saying the OR won't be out for another 5 months and that everyone is to just sit here, play on a dead code test center, and deal with broken pvp, duped weapons/items, beyond repairable economy, etc. etc.

If the TC was reset, actual testing could commence again with a revamped Jedi system, a fresh start for crafters, a fresh economy, pvp would be viable once again, etc. Instead we are left with a Test Center in which there is nothing to test and where the dupers can do whatever the hell they want. A revised loot system won't do anything to help.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 AM

lock the thread. please. i'm begging here.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 AM

personally i dont care if there is or isnt a wipe.. im gunna play either way
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
lock the thread. please. i'm begging here.
I coudnt agree more.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeecai View Post
maybe the people crying about the wipe, should take note of the fact its a test server meant to find and eliminate bugs...they've screwed us over by leaving us all stuck with bugged code cause the developement team cant take a needed step without having their eyes bleed by a few cry babies.
What testing? We are in a lame duck phase, where looking for or reporting bugs is rather pointless. Remember OR? They should not really be fixing bugs here at this point, other than anything really critical really. So wiping to start over for bug tracking is purely pointless.

When will this thread diiiiie?!?
heh

Last edited by Daywolf; 04-29-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 AM

I feel I need to interject here. Too many people are coming off with the "There will be a wipe when the OR is finished" line. That's not gonna happen for a long while. It's not as if the OR is gonna be done in a few days or something. The OR isn't going to be done for months. The TC is going to be the ONLY way to play the galaxies we all love until then. Which is why it's bothering so many people that the TC is basically ruined as it sits. The economy is shot, and PVP is ruined. That is why so many people are complaining. It's a test server with nothing we can really test in it's current state. It's the only way to play Galaxies the way we enjoy it, but it's completely fooked. And without a wipe, it's staying fooked until the OR is done, which won't be for months. So stop acting as though people are complaining for nothing, there is a valid reason for the complaining. The OR isn't even close to finished, which means we have a broken server for months.

That being said, it's not fair at all to take it out on the devs either. The devs are working hard on this project. They wanted to help us out, but they also want to keep working on the OR. They thought they could make the time to wipe the server and fix a few problems, however when they actually sat down and looked at what was going to happen if they wiped it, they realized it was going to wind up taking too much time away from their main priority. They aren't pulling an SOE by any means. They are still doing what we want, and that is to crank out the code to get a finished product working. They just don't think they have the time to fix the TC right now. Which, from my point of view (which is someone with some programming experience) is understandable. I understand how much time it's taking them to bang out all this code, and I understand that they want that to be their top priority right now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: