SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Services Manager

Exclamation Stop The Duplicate Accounts

Please stop making duplicate accounts. It's a hassle to deal with. Each duplicate accounts takes a certain amount of time to deal with, time that could better be spent working on the Emu.

Everyone who creates a duplicate accounts is slowing progress. So for the love of god, stop. We posted on the front-page that accounts that were registered recently will not work RIGHT NOW on the TC; that is going to change. Making new accounts will not make it go any faster; in fact, it'll make it go slower.

Please stop registering multiple accounts.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Euro-Chimaera Representative

Brandish the ban stick, oh Leader of Phantoms.

Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadokk View Post
Brandish the ban stick, oh Leader of Phantoms.
Forget the Banstick, Break out the Ban Bomb.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:14 PM

what about suspending the new account registration process until the kinks are rolled out a bit?

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftkilla View Post
what about suspending the new account registration process until the kinks are rolled out a bit?
that will stop legit people signing up and may cause people not to come back.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
that will stop legit people signing up and may cause people not to come back.
I think people would be more likely to come back if we tell them that it's not working right now and take it offline rather than just let them keep trying and have it not work as they get frustrated
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w00 View Post
I think people would be more likely to come back if we tell them that it's not working right now and take it offline rather than just let them keep trying and have it not work as they get frustrated
Ya, just make a HUGEnote that the server is being maintained and to come back later, maybe an e-mail sign-up for an alert when the server comes back up.

Don't just turn it off. Rage it proper with some communication.

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Old 03-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Retired Game Master

Accounts can be used for posting, as well. This is a forum in addition to a game service.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Accounts can be used for posting, as well. This is a forum in addition to a game service.
Right, that's my point!
Newbs come into the forums when the server is down. Posting hollow "what up with server" threads and such. Couldn't there be some sort of control of registration that could prevent this?

Maybe a minimum number of posts before you can open a new thread?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:29 AM

i think with a minimum number of post to create a new thread would just intice thread spaming and very of topic post just to get the count++
Old 03-28-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girownsall View Post
i think with a minimum number of post to create a new thread would just intice thread spaming and very of topic post just to get the count++
Ah, thats a good point to consider...
I'm newb to forums, so I'm just learning all the dynamics of it all.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Services Manager

Another quick thing...
If you friend/brother/someone at your public library has an account, and you log in from their computer to the forums/TC, it will add that person to your usermap. If you alert us to this beforehand, you won't cause any problems... if not, one of your accounts could be banned/deleted on suspicion of being a duplicate account. Letting us know beforehand will save a lot of trouble for both you and us.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

I need to echo PL's sentiments here. This is getting ridiculous. We clearly and in many places make it clear HOW to play additional characters. I'm seeing at least 10-15 people on a daily basis making upwards of 6 accounts per user. It is very time consuming backchecking all this information, and NO ONE replies to pm's we send asking for clarification.

So.. new plan. I ban first and answer questions later. If your account gets banned, send me an email at the link below and we'll address it. Spending 2 hours each day filtering through all the dupe accts isn't a productive use of anyone's time here.

Thank you.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM

sort of along the line of this, but maybe not so much. I was wondering if it was possible to log into the same account from 2 different computers on the same network (I have 2 computers at my home, and neither can handle mutile instances of SWG (EVEN JUST 2) very well, and both computers are behind my netgear router).
Old 04-04-2009, 04:53 PM

I didn't realize the problem. This is a duplicate account, and if you could delete it, that'd be great. I'll stop using it as well
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: