SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
I just wish SWGEMU and SWG:ANH would find some common ground and work together. In some areas SWG:ANH are miles ahead of SWGEMU and in other areas SWGEMU are miles ahead of SWG:ANH.

Imagine if these two teams could work together, it would be awesome.

SWG:ANH has Xenozephyr the guy who broke the encryption for the SWG net packets and the best packet analyst in any SWG emu team (he was with SWGEMU in the beginning, but quit for some reason, he said collage, but now he's working with SWG:ANH)

SWGEMU has Oru, a kick ass programmer who sees life in ones and zeroes

If these two teams could work together we will have our beloved game back in no time.
The two teams do not mix well. Not even worth trying to get them together. ANH has trash talked swgemu way too much and even tried to put a spy in the emu team.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Awesome news! You guys made my day!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcrud View Post
The two teams do not mix well. Not even worth trying to get them together. ANH has trash talked swgemu way too much and even tried to put a spy in the emu team.
The trash talk has gone both ways, I don't know who's been worse. Guess that would be from the point of view anyway.
I just think they should try to kiss and make up, and give smedley a lesson instead.
In the end it's all up to them so all we can do is pray. I just want the good old game back ASAP.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
The trash talk has gone both ways, I don't know who's been worse. Guess that would be from the point of view anyway.
I just think they should try to kiss and make up, and give smedley a lesson instead.
In the end it's all up to them so all we can do is pray. I just want the good old game back ASAP.
As do I but I just don't see it being possible.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 PM

Because of 1 person? No.. That bad?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:45 PM

Thumbs up Scoretastic

/startdance poplock2

Friggin fanfuggintastic!

You guys just made my day... errr wait... my year!

We are all rooting for you and we are infinitely in your debt for your hard work and perseverance. Finally all our passion/love for the Star Wars Universe has been reignited, thanks to you!
Keep up the extraordinary work! Cheers! -Zephik
Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 PM

You are all friggin ridiculous...leave the devs alone...

You are so hopeful that this emu will be like it was, it won't, so freakin chill. Listen we all loved the old SWG, and hope that the emu team can come up with an alternative..."YES! i said ALTERNATIVE". it's not going to be the same. I'm sorry children, I don't post often but I read now and then....freaking relax! These guys are doing this as a hobby! SWG is dead...SWGemu may live one day...go do something else, don't latch on to this project and make it your life.

By the way Devs, i'm a realist....and understand that code sifting is hell, coding in general can be quite tough...keep it up. I hope the project pans out.

oh,... /flame on... have fun..
Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Developer
DeveloperAdministrator

Spooky. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Xeno hasnt been with them for like 3 months now.

And they are not ahead of us in ANYTHING.

The crafting you saw in their videos is from the crafting dummy that ORU MADE AND GAVE TO XENO, who then gave it to rouse/tmr.

You know nothing so shutup.

Xeno didn't crack the encryption.

I joined, I found Acid1978 who happened to be working on an Everquest 2 sniffer called Everdump. I made fun of Joker at that point and got booted. A month later the encryption was cracked thanks to Acid1978.

Sure. Xeno knows his packet stuff. But half of his docs that he made/left are WRONG.

He labeled a ton of variables //server variable. Not used.

When in fact those variables are VERY important to things like movement smoothness.

Last edited by Ultyma; 07-18-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 PM

He goes help them still. I said he was in the team in the beginning (SWGEMU), hell he was in the team before you were. Don't think I haven't payed attention from the beginning of SWGEMU. this is like the 4th or 5th msg board I sign up for since the beginning.

Todays team is far from the original team, you have picked up where others left off.

Last edited by Spooky; 07-18-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Developer
DeveloperAdministrator

Our team isnt far from the other team.

Me and ramsey are whats left.

Joker and Xeno are gone.

Big deal.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 PM

So Joker and Xeno are gone, whats the big deal? I've seen more development over the past few months than I ever did with the Open Source fiasco of last summer when Xeno and Joker were still on the team IIRC.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 AM

yes, development has been fast lately, nobody doubt the talent of the current SWGemu team. (I think)
It's natural that things go faster and faster as they have understood more and more packets each week. All any Emu team need is talent and time.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:32 AM

Wink OG-SWG immune to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordalis View Post
You are all friggin ridiculous...leave the devs alone...

You are so hopeful that this emu will be like it was, it won't, so freakin chill. Listen we all loved the old SWG, and hope that the emu team can come up with an alternative..."YES! i said ALTERNATIVE". it's not going to be the same. I'm sorry children, I don't post often but I read now and then....freaking relax! These guys are doing this as a hobby! SWG is dead...SWGemu may live one day...go do something else, don't latch on to this project and make it your life.

By the way Devs, i'm a realist....and understand that code sifting is hell, coding in general can be quite tough...keep it up. I hope the project pans out.

oh,... /flame on... have fun..
Leave the devs alone? I think you are the one that should chill and leave the devs alone. Negativity is not productive, nor conducive to this environment.
SWGemu is a minute side-note in my life, as well as in my time spent gaming. I have a life (albeit uneventful recently, due to a debilitating illness). I only recently found out about SWGemu while sorting through the mmo forum community to find something that is not lame and/or simple (omgz I'm a noob to emu). While it is really awesome that they are working on the emu, I do not desperately grasp onto their completion of it. Nor do I feel that it is extremely important that SWGemu will evolve into an exact carbon copy of SWG pre-cu. I rejoice in the fact that there are people who care enough about the old days of SWG; that they are willing to spend their free time working on recreating a similar experience. What kind of selfish b4st4rd would demand that they treat this project as a full time job? The fact that they are doing it at all... hobby or not, is fantastic. Go flame somewhere else buddy, SWG will never die because the memories are still alive. Thanks again to the devs and don't let these bored/lonely saps effect you in any way, shape or form. -Zeph

Last edited by Zephik Raoden; 07-19-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultyma View Post
Our team isnt far from the other team.

Me and ramsey are whats left.

Joker and Xeno are gone.

Big deal.
what about TheAnswer ? And did joker acualy do anything?
Edit: other then rob u
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 AM

Sure Joker did something, he did alot. There has been several people working on SWGEMU since the very beginning and they all did their contribution. According to Joker he did most of the programming in core 1 ( I don't know if it's really true, but I do know he did work alot on core1), core1 proved to be quite useless as an MMO "platform". So Antman started coding core 2, but it was soon scratched for Oru's core 3

Sure there were more ppl working on core 3 than Oru (ultima, the answer,ramsey) But Oru did the lead programming job on core 3, the man is brilliant!
Not to take anything away from the other devs, their contribution is crucial too.
Closed Thread