SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:14 PM

Nice, thanks for the update!
Translated asap
Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 PM

grant money

so i wounder if they will be able to get grant money and will be able to hire moe help or better equmient
Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 PM

Have fun with the IRS when it comes to "Non Profit" and Donations. Be prepared for a big headache.

<DOOM> Website
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJMon View Post
Have fun with the IRS when it comes to "Non Profit" and Donations. Be prepared for a big headache.
Better sign it up as a religious organization. It'll be easier that way.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 AM

Heh, no frogs at all? I guess i'll just go ahead and play like usual, and please don't be all "Oh the frog will NEVER come back, so please dont mension anything about the frog", Because it makes me little above my head, for example (It makes me angry).
Old 01-05-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat'II View Post
Heh, no frogs at all? I guess i'll just go ahead and play like usual, and please don't be all "Oh the frog will NEVER come back, so please dont mension anything about the frog", Because it makes me little above my head, for example (It makes me angry).
The frog will NEVER come back
Old 01-05-2010, 04:42 PM

-.- Not really funny at all but, Really is this true that No frogs I am asking the developers, GM's, Not players
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Retired Quality Assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat'II View Post
-.- Not really funny at all but, Really is this true that No frogs I am asking the developers, GM's, Not players
Im not a developer or a GM. But as I understand it, there will be no blue frogs as they have served their purpose. Xp is attainable and trainers are teaching skills.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Happy new year all!

2010 brings us into the 6th year of the emu development... and i hope the last.
its been too long now without pre-cu...

heres to waiting...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:36 PM

2010: The Year Of SWGEmu. Please make it so. kthxbai.

Seriously though, I just can't wait for vehicles to come back. After that, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxydin View Post
.... it doesn't matter how many times, I grap the IR sensor for my mouse, it doesn't move the mouse lmao
Feidry - MWS
Wraffe -TKM / MDOC
Eekiw' - Epic Sniper
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 PM

I would be ever so much more hopeful if we hadn't heard the same optimistic mumblings about the OR since summer, when they said it'd be complete. I mean, they anticipated the OR taking what, a few months at most? And here we are, 2010. Sigh!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Mouser View Post
I would be ever so much more hopeful if we hadn't heard the same optimistic mumblings about the OR since summer, when they said it'd be complete. I mean, they anticipated the OR taking what, a few months at most? And here we are, 2010. Sigh!
haha. The Emu devs here are not taking any longer than SOE devs do on their own games. The difference is SOE devs are getting paid for the job. The Emu devs are doing it when they have free time. The long span between released information or released fixes/content here makes me feel right at home in SWG :P

"Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life."
Old 01-07-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0b0ts View Post
haha. The Emu devs here are not taking any longer than SOE devs do on their own games. The difference is SOE devs are getting paid for the job. The Emu devs are doing it when they have free time. The long span between released information or released fixes/content here makes me feel right at home in SWG :P
True. And don't forget that the OR is a lot more than just a restructure of the data base. That was done along with switching to a different type of database altogether back in September. They have done the database changes, standardized database queries so the overall code will be easier to manage and read. And they are working on editing the code now to use the standardized queries if I understood correctly back around November.

The part that was finished in September is probably what was being referred to when it was expected to be finished soon.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Great as always guys.

Keep up the awesome work.

Visit DRAKE for more info.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 PM

sweet now the forum is going to be full of lightsabers, and the constant battle of the question, who's is longer.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: