SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffo View Post
why would the economy return to normal? there are no money sinks in the game, shuttle tickets and the occasional training costs are minimal

mobs give 500+ credits a kill, its only time until the economy is inflated again
That has always been a long standing 'issue' with SWG, since the very beginning.

The game itself is very susceptible to inflation. I think the point is, that without the initial duping and acquiring items via exploits, the inflation would slow down.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 PM

i think a pre OR wipe would be a big mistake. no new content is coming out till the OR so wiping everything now would just lose players and tester. Honestly i think SWGemu's staff would be shooting themselves in the foot doing a pre OR full wipe
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 PM

as i have stated before if its more of a reason for good then just for the heck of it then i am all for it. but IF this wipe is just to amuse the masses i believe it to be a waste of valuable time that should be strictly for or build. the exploits and op items and other things are a problem i agree but as i said in the other thread its not an issue since non of the stuff on test atm is worth any thing. when or is being tested then i could see the idea.

that said as you stated in this thread that you will have stuff for us to focus on to test i am definitely all for that and look forward for that to take place even if its annoying stuff to test lets get it done. again if this wipe is not going to benifit the or then its a waste of time.

yes please add CH or faction pets

<NUA>

I vote yes if the dev's feel its necessary, I do agree to a point that if after the wipe the game is as it was then I probably will not log in again until OR, whats the point? Every error/bug i've found has already been reported and is known so aside from getting my much needed fix of this game until OR the economy problems are a moot issue since OR will reset all anyway. if the duping/hacking etc happened but has been addressed so that it cant happen now in OR then let us play on until OR.

I'm confused on how a Wipe is considered a fix? So the OR is released, you still have no idea how to fix it because you just wiped when it happened the first time. Just wipe again?

BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

It's gonna be hard for people to invest the time into grinding up new characters, when they know the OR is getting very close.

So once again I say...BLUE FROGS!!!

sig by yaki

Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 PM

If a credit/item only wipe can be done I would rather see that. If everything has got to go for the good of the EMU then go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway).
Yes, because bringing a bunch of people willing to buy credits back to 0 will in no way encourage continued sales and increased farming or the sales of characters pre-ground back to max level. (Something that would happen again within days.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!
No need to re-grind dead and useless code?
No incentive whatsoever for character or credit sales?

THIS IS A WIN!

Last edited by Lamune; 04-25-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Wipe it, if it will improve overall development of the project.

I would, however, like to know what possible enhancements would be added (i.e. OR pre-screening, if you will). I understand that those items are probably not nailed-down-decided-upon, yet; but, I would like to have an idea of what might be in store. I doubt there would be houses. Factories, backpacks, heavy harvestors? Please, please, and pretty please.

My two credits, overall: With all current information available to me, I vote for an inventory/credit wipe only--unless a complete wipe is required (i.e. the only kind of wipe y'all can perform).
Old 04-25-2010, 11:37 PM

Its not the duping of credits or items. Its the fact that INSANE items are dropping and its caused imbalance on a TEST server. Most people here that are voting no are saying so because they dont want to lose their precious jedi or there 2k power hammer/T21. Its simply not fun when there is no overt pvp because people get 2 shotted.

It would be a lot more fun if crafters were involved as well. Crafters are pretty useless. So is pvp at all atm. I mean we are supposed to test things. Ive posted about bugs in crafting and what not. I am sure a few have done it too. The major thing being tested right now is how many people can we get to stand around Cnet.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:37 PM

Only been on two days do what ya gotta do.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM

This is marko' polo' and i vote that we do not wipe the server!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:39 PM

blue frogs
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 PM

I don't think a wipe is bad if code testing and progress is made toward the OR. Being a web app dev IRL, I can tell you that the more you test, the better the output for the final release.

Thing is there will be people who will leave and never come back. That happens in these games all the time and should be expected.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: