SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSpinner View Post
As always I am deeply grateful for the efforts of a group of people who stood up to the mighty corporate dictators of the old SWG, this 53 year old dude is glad to have the privilege of gaming with you all as and when the situation allows - as a true addict of SWG and a 6 year Veteran refugee from that dark side - may you all remember the great gift and debt of gratitude we share with the creators of the EMU.
That's pretty deep. Well said, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphitryon View Post

anyhoo..this is a good test... a test of operations and what needs to happen when the hampster running the server gets its leg stuck in the wheel and it wont turn, and who is spose to go get him unstuck before he starves to death or bleeds out. Hoepfully nobody is playing the 'hey I thought you were spose to get him unstuck game'. be nothing but a desicated hampster husk left after Xmas break if that is the case.
They're training new hamsters to run the server. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRH50fvHWA&feature=fvw

Chef Forum

IGN Hammy [Chef], Wammy [Delivery Person], HamHam [Wookie Breakdancer]
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Retired Game Master

Chill out guys. They required us to provide more contact information. The information is ready to go now. So, for all of you speculating on "stolen donations" - you might want to consider it's just speculation and drama.

For those who are thick-headed: Stop the "donations stolen rumor-mongering" right now.

Moving on: It is now necessary to wait for the guys in Europe to get online to restart things. I am not sure what maintenance took place so I do not know if the auto restarter will work. Again, there is no ETA on the server coming up.

Take a night off and go to the movies

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>

Last edited by Serpentkaa; 12-15-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Edited for more information
Old 12-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
Chill out guys. They required us to provide more contact information. The information is ready to go now.
Nice! I can stand a 24 hour downtime! (No sarcasm intended) Drinks on me!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraa View Post
Dont take my word for it, call 312-423-6675 and simply ask, "How much time have you had in your Denver facility since it opened?" Please do not say you are with the SWGEMU. We don't need to piss them off.
How do we even know this is where the SWGemu server is being hosted. Im sure there is more than one datacenter in Denver.

Lucid Fox
Bounty Hunter

In the NGE, everyone will have the opportunity to be a jedi...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 PM

well thats good news any word on when the server is gonna be back up cant take that long to send contact info
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM

I dunno about you guys but I know a bunch of people irl raging over the downtime lol
Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poocho View Post
Oh boy. That would be pretty bad if it were true, but it seems a bit too far fetched to be any more than someone trying to cause trouble. Jokes are one thing, but intentionally spreading lies and gossip is serious business. I can only hope that those sharing this info are being careful.

Just my thoughts,
Poocho
The link in question that says money was stolen..... someone posted last night in the iRC I dont remember who .. thought it was a funny joke at the time. it was only after nora's post that i second thought it and added it to the info flying around.
http://www.ahazilight.com
Rahoor Khuit - Retired - Master Artisan, Architect, Merchent
Thaleenin Khuit - Retired -Jedi - Just finishing Knight Trials
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
I dunno about you guys but I know a bunch of people irl raging over the downtime lol
Thats pretty pathetic. They should get a life.

Lucid Fox
Bounty Hunter

In the NGE, everyone will have the opportunity to be a jedi...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine3982 View Post
How do we even know this is where the SWGemu server is being hosted. Im sure there is more than one datacenter in Denver.
Obviously he's a certified internet detective.

-----------------------
Pinging nova.swgemu.com [76.73.9.90] with 32 bytes of data:

http://tools.whois.net/whoisbyip/

OrgName: FDCservers.net
OrgID: FDCSE
Address: 141 w jackson blvd.
Address: suite #1135
City: Chicago
StateProv: IL
PostalCode: 60098

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.fdcservers.net:4321

NetRange: 76.73.0.0 - 76.73.127.255
CIDR: 76.73.0.0/17
OriginAS: AS30058
NetName: FDCSERVERS
NetHandle: NET-76-73-0-0-1
Parent: NET-76-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS3.FDCSERVERS.NET
NameServer: NS4.FDCSERVERS.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2009-02-02
Updated: 2009-04-08

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE438-ARIN
RAbuseName: ABUSE department
RAbusePhone: +1-630-729-0228
RAbuseEmail: abuse@fdcservers.net

RNOCHandle: NOC1402-ARIN
RNOCName: Network Operations Center
RNOCPhone: +1-630-729-0228
RNOCEmail: NOC@fdcservers.net

RTechHandle: NOC1402-ARIN
RTechName: Network Operations Center
RTechPhone: +1-630-729-0228
RTechEmail: NOC@fdcservers.net

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE438-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: ABUSE department
OrgAbusePhone: +1-630-729-0228
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@fdcservers.net

OrgNOCHandle: NOC1402-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Network Operations Center
OrgNOCPhone: +1-630-729-0228
OrgNOCEmail: NOC@fdcservers.net

OrgTechHandle: TECHS72-ARIN
OrgTechName: Tech Support
OrgTechPhone: +1-630-729-0228
OrgTechEmail: support@fdcservers.net
-----------------------

this rumor crap is getting old btw

"Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity on the other hand requires a shotgun and a shovel. "
Old 12-15-2009, 05:13 PM

this is sad, on the verge of pathetic (or maybe it's already there).
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM

Just a thought that all of you that believed and/or believe the post about a staff member taking money and they now can't pay the bill, think of this: Why would the SWGEMU team lie to us? We aren't required to pay them, and for most of them this is their second job. This is funded purely on out donations, not subscriptions. They have no business to lie to us saying that it's downtime. If they didn't have the money to pay they would have come right out and said it, merely saying that because of the lack of donations, our server has be suspended. They have no obligation to us, that they would make up a false lie about a server maintenance. Also i have no doubt that if the donations do come up short on the bill they would pay it out of pocket.

That is all.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
Chill out guys. They required us to provide more contact information. The information is ready to go now. So, for all of you speculating on "stolen donations" - you might want to consider it's just speculation and drama.

For those who are thick-headed: Stop the "donations stolen rumor-mongering" right now.

Moving on: It is now necessary to wait for the guys in Europe to get online to restart things. I am not sure what maintenance took place so I do not know if the auto restarter will work. Again, there is no ETA on the server coming up.

Take a night off and go to the movies
It happened once before that we know of so it's not too far out in left field to have that suspicion.

<DOOM> Website

Last edited by SirJMon; 12-15-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 PM

I respect the SWGEmu team to all hell.. they have brought me back to an amazing place that I never thought I would get to experience again. But trust is a completely different matter. Trust must be earned.. by anyone.. no exceptions.
and so I agree on both fronts really.. we should all chill out and see what happens..
But.. it would be beneficial for the EMU team to inform us as accurately as possible to what the situation may be.. because it will earn our trust and as one person pointed out already, we may even be able to resolve the situation.. regardless of the cause.

Just my 2 cents.

Carry on.

Edit: Somehow I missed the last page of this thread while typing... so yeah..

"Chill out guys. They required us to provide more contact information. The information is ready to go now. So, for all of you speculating on "stolen donations" - you might want to consider it's just speculation and drama.

Take a night off and go to the movies " - Serpentkaa

Thats what Im talking about! Keep us up to date.. squash rumors.. give facts = respect and trust

Thank you for the info Serpentkaa, much love and respect.

Last edited by Straven; 12-15-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM

it working now
Old 12-15-2009, 05:26 PM

I would like to ditto every positive comment made about the SWGEMU official types. They've put in a lot of work for us to enjoy the game and I should thank them for it.

and the server is back up!!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: