SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM

I agree yes thank you very much DEV Team.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
When you stop posting
Riiiight, noob. Welcome to SWGemu, where the worm never dies
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeecai View Post
maybe the people crying about the wipe, should take note of the fact its a test server meant to find and eliminate bugs...they've screwed us over by leaving us all stuck with bugged code cause the developement team cant take a needed step without having their eyes bleed by a few cry babies.
Wrong thoughts here, Emeecai. Not the Devs screwed you here, it was the foul palyers inside this "community" who did. You blame the wrong people here.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 AM

One could write a neat sociology or anthropology essay over dealings in this community. It is very very unique.

Hell why not a political science paper too?

If you can read this, thank a music teacher

Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 AM

lock the thread. please. i'm begging here.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
lock the thread. please. i'm begging here.
I coudnt agree more.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 AM

I feel I need to interject here. Too many people are coming off with the "There will be a wipe when the OR is finished" line. That's not gonna happen for a long while. It's not as if the OR is gonna be done in a few days or something. The OR isn't going to be done for months. The TC is going to be the ONLY way to play the galaxies we all love until then. Which is why it's bothering so many people that the TC is basically ruined as it sits. The economy is shot, and PVP is ruined. That is why so many people are complaining. It's a test server with nothing we can really test in it's current state. It's the only way to play Galaxies the way we enjoy it, but it's completely fooked. And without a wipe, it's staying fooked until the OR is done, which won't be for months. So stop acting as though people are complaining for nothing, there is a valid reason for the complaining. The OR isn't even close to finished, which means we have a broken server for months.

That being said, it's not fair at all to take it out on the devs either. The devs are working hard on this project. They wanted to help us out, but they also want to keep working on the OR. They thought they could make the time to wipe the server and fix a few problems, however when they actually sat down and looked at what was going to happen if they wiped it, they realized it was going to wind up taking too much time away from their main priority. They aren't pulling an SOE by any means. They are still doing what we want, and that is to crank out the code to get a finished product working. They just don't think they have the time to fix the TC right now. Which, from my point of view (which is someone with some programming experience) is understandable. I understand how much time it's taking them to bang out all this code, and I understand that they want that to be their top priority right now.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 AM

LOL! Ok it's time to let go now!

It is dysfunctional to get so worked up over a video game, however it is worth some laughs.

I guarantee you if the OR was scheduled for release next week people would still be vehemently arguing for a wipe/no wipe on TC.

Life goes on...
Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatycre View Post
They wanted to help us out, but they also want to keep working on the OR. They thought they could make the time to wipe the server and fix a few problems, however when they actually sat down and looked at what was going to happen if they wiped it, they realized it was going to wind up taking too much time away from their main priority. They just don't think they have the time to fix the TC right now. I understand how much time it's taking them to bang out all this code, and I understand that they want that to be their top priority right now.
I agree with most of your post here, but where I've quoted is where you have it wrong. They stated repeatedly that a wipe of the TC would take away 1-2 days of OR work time. Personally I could live with that if it meant fixing the current problems with the TC. The reason they decided against the wipe wasn't due to taking time away from OR, it was due to disparities in the two polls, they didn't want to create a third poll and the community was very passionate on both sides of the argument. They decided to go with the status-quo here.

If they had come out and said "We don't want to devote time to Nova when we could be working on OR" I think a lot of people on both sides would have understood because I think most of us agree that the OR is a higher priority than our fun on the TC.

Last edited by Worlack; 04-29-2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:45 AM

Doesn't matter when the OR is finished, looking for bugs is still pointless. Of course things are broken, but less broken than when we used to play tag around anchorhead years ago.

In the end it's a no win for the devs, as wiping will not eliminate bugs for the most part. Then people will cry about that, trying to pull time and resources from OR development to fix things here that will just break again when the OR is released. The difference should be then that fixing the code/database should be quicker/easier.

As for this thread, as Starbuck said:
"DIE! JUST DIIIIIIIE!"
meh

Last edited by Daywolf; 04-29-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:16 AM

i dont understand this wipe, havent been around for a long time.

so there will be no wipe when this game goes live ?

is this right ?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post

is this right ?
After? Shouldn't. But TC will get it at least two more times, probably more.
To clarify, TC will be ended, so there will be no "wipe" at that point. Theoretically or physically, not the same server. I can only imagine a wipe from that point on would be from a fatal crash, and all the backups were eaten by a rabid Cu-pa.

Last edited by Daywolf; 04-29-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:48 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post

is this right ?
There will be many wipes between now and then. After the OR is complete (OR=Object Restructure, look for reference in my signature), NOVA will be wiped and testing of the new code will commence. We will more than likely have quite a few wipes after the OR and before the launch of SC (SunCrusher).

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-29-2010, 04:40 AM

When the game goes live (a LONG time from now) it will be wiped. It will also be wiped sometime in the coming months for something called the object restructure.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 AM

It was originally estimated August 2009. I think it was later estimated to be late 2009 and Suncrusher was actually slated for 2009. Check www.suncrusher.net as it STILL says 2009. I think most people were thinking sometime this summer for OR, but cRush stated in this thread that it's looking like (estimated) 5 months now. That puts it at October 2010.

My personal guess,
OR = 2011
Suncrusher = Fall 2011

Edit: I know there is no confirmed ETA for anything and to assume an ETA from any information from any source would be ridiculous.

Last edited by Worlack; 04-29-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Edited to Edit to add the Edit and then Edit the Editted Edit. Edit.
Closed Thread