SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 11-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Lobreeze Lobreeze is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Keeping the server lag free and ONLINE is more important then crafters afk grinding.
orly
__________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?
  #77  
Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Colt-556 Colt-556 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
orly
I do not believe that says "afk CRAFTING", does it? No, no it doesn't. Crafters can afk grind resources after all. Stop trying to sound smart and pick arguements with me. It's unbecoming.
  #78  
Old 11-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Lobreeze Lobreeze is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,764
...are you for real? lols seriously... kids these days.
__________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

Last edited by Lobreeze; 11-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.
  #79  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Labyrinth Labyrinth is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,254
...is he for real? Honestly, what the hell.

Are you seriously telling me that Colt is still crusading about people being kicked from the server when lag, rubberbanding, and wait times are virtually non-existent now?


And how, Colt, can you even call resource gathering "AFK grinding." AFK macroing maybe, but in this case.... there's no xp involved, get your terminology together, bro.
  #80  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Colt-556 Colt-556 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
...is he for real? Honestly, what the hell.

Are you seriously telling me that Colt is still crusading about people being kicked from the server when lag, rubberbanding, and wait times are virtually non-existent now?


And how, Colt, can you even call resource gathering "AFK grinding." AFK macroing maybe, but in this case.... there's no xp involved, get your terminology together, bro.
Uh.... you do know surveying requires sampling to get xp, right? So yeah, it's afk grinding. And I aint crusading for anything, I was just showing Breeze what a stupid post he made.
  #81  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Labyrinth Labyrinth is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Uh.... you do know surveying requires sampling to get xp, right? So yeah, it's afk grinding. And I aint crusading for anything, I was just showing Breeze what a stupid post he made.
Yeah, you do it for a couple hours, find someone to teach you and next thing you know you're capped out. Wow, huge AFK grinding there. About the equivalent of AFK grinding yourself to Pistols 3...except you're finished afterwards.

Not a valid argument, keep trying. And yes, you are crusading. What else do you call it when you persistently keep proposing the same ideas, ignoring all reason and contradiction with "you're stupid" and "you're just making stupid examples" posts.

Give it a rest, seriously.
  #82  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Colt-556 Colt-556 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Yeah, you do it for a couple hours, find someone to teach you and next thing you know you're capped out. Wow, huge AFK grinding there. About the equivalent of AFK grinding yourself to Pistols 3...except you're finished afterwards.

Not a valid argument, keep trying. And yes, you are crusading. What else do you call it when you persistently keep proposing the same ideas, ignoring all reason and contradiction with "you're stupid" and "you're just making stupid examples" posts.

Give it a rest, seriously.
Regardless of how long it takes, it's still AFK grinding. And what idea am I even proposing here? Hmm? Since clearly you believe I'm proposing the same idea over and over, what idea is it?
  #83  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Labyrinth Labyrinth is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Regardless of how long it takes, it's still AFK grinding. And what idea am I even proposing here? Hmm? Since clearly you believe I'm proposing the same idea over and over, what idea is it?
Oh noes, it's AFK grinding that 1/100th of a crafter's entire play history will be spent inadvertently getting surveying xp while trying to desperately get resources to craft anything with.

Rather than waste my time going through countless posts (yes, I know you're going to say "well, clearly you have no argument if you don't, blah blah"), I'll sum it up in a few sentences:
"As long as it helps playersme have a better play experience, we should do anything possible, even if it hurts the economy of the game and other various dimensions of it!" [the rest of the gist of your crusade = x people entitled to this, me entitled to that, etc., etc.]...oh and let's not forget the clear fanboyism that you pretend to not possess by throwing out a bull**** definition.

I'm done here, if you have any others illogical responses, feel free to not post them.
  #84  
Old 11-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Colt-556 Colt-556 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 640
lul, sure is making **** up in here. Only thing I've ever advicated against was to fix the rubberbanding (which they did), and to fix the lag (which they did). So if you wanna bring up old and finished arguements that have absolutely NO baring on the current topic, go ahead. Try to spark an arguement, I love arguing so I'll be willing to argue with you. Some people go "it makes you just as big an idiot by arguing with idiots", maybe that's true. But I find it fun, cheap amusement if you will.
  #85  
Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
ChixDigit ChixDigit is offline
Galaxies Reborn Representative
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 65
I was hoping you would say this


Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
It's more like revising/rewriting an essay. It's much easier to rewrite an essay when you have already done it once and have figured out its flow and content.

Basically, the current TC code base allowed us to uncover most of the unknowns about how things should work. It allowed us to overcome problems and make discoveries. Now that we know how everything should work, we can rewrite it all to be more efficient and more expandable in a fraction of the time.

While it may seem like we are starting from square one, it simply isn't the case. Everyone will see some major, rapid progress soon. Have faith in us to deliver.
  #86  
Old 11-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Pynda Pynda is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 91
^^ Yes, thank you for the clarification cRush. I too was hoping that even if - in essence - the formatting of the code had to be changed from top to bottom, that the basic content of it would still be useful. And that more than just its formulas could be used. Going back to zero was too hideous to even contemplate.

As for my own negative comments on AFK macroing, I was only speaking about wanting to see some tools to fight it included in the finished emulator. Trying to craft using mats gathered by sampling alone is of course absurd. If I was on TC now, I'd be macroing these myself. But I guess a lot of people are actually getting competitive on TC - something which I view as fairly silly.

However on the finished emulator, I can see where all the Jedi wannabees are going to scream bloody murder if AFK macroing is not tolerated. But to me, that only makes a stronger argument for saying "tough, if you can't hack it then don't plan on being a Jedi".
  #87  
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
yellek yellek is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 132
I'm gone for halloween weekend and look what I have to come back to! PURE BULL...AMAZINGNESS!! nice update, I like the weather effects also, and I'm excited that more time is going to be spent on the OR. Thank you so much for everything!
__________________
Ingame=Philo Pheter
Store and Auction Pickups IGN: FirstBank

Don't worry! Were doing it for the betterment of society!

Holocron Hunt: About 3 months : (

Chilastra-Raynosu <LGN>
  #88  
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Colt-556 Colt-556 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellek View Post
I'm gone for halloween weekend and look what I have to come back to! PURE BULL...AMAZINGNESS!! nice update, I like the weather effects also, and I'm excited that more time is going to be spent on the OR. Thank you so much for everything!
There's weather effects? @_@
  #89  
Old 11-02-2009, 04:25 AM
DeadFett DeadFett is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks for the update Max. Keep up the good work guys. I can't wait for Suncrusher.
__________________
  #90  
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 AM
arween arween is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Munich - Germany
Posts: 61
Cant Wait for OR on the TC nova. Will be amazing for the devs to have a restructured and commented codebase..than the updates and improvements will grow like popcorn.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.