PDA

View Full Version : Forum Activation and Test Center Access

PhantomLeader
09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
There is now a grace period between your forum activation and when you may log on to Test Center using your forum name and password. This grace period is anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours depending on the database purge and update. Please feel free to use this grace period to read the FAQ, knowledge base and through the forums (including profession forums) to get up to speed on the project's development. We look forward to seeing new players on Test Center.

Serpentkaa
09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
This grace period can be as long as 48 hours.

Seaseme
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Just an update: We're gonna work on this so the time isn't so random. We're thinking more like half an hour is more appropriate. This is a side effect to Kyle's forum integration code.

Runny
09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
well this is good news. good job

flipfreak
09-18-2008, 10:57 PM
thnx Seaseme & PhantomLeader. Ill tell my friend, give him a little heads up.
He will be joining in the next few days :). Hes been waiting for SWGEmu for three years

Happy gaming! ;)

Demo Exx
09-18-2008, 11:34 PM
well i got owned, on my old account it wasn't letting me make any characters so i made a new one and didnt read this post ha. Well crap

windcaller
09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Good job on the security guys! Keep up the awsome work!

Cookies for everyone!

Alexandus
09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Nice to hear progress is being made in all areas...I've been watching SWGEmu for a while and just signed up...going to give it a try!

gamerjon15
09-19-2008, 08:59 AM
woot good to know thanks guys. i guess it really is sticking to that 48 hour grace period. well like 2 more hours and i think mine is up lol

Dziubek
09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah im waitin more than 48hours

Obten Ebrator
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Fairly sure it's been over 48 for me as well...

gamerjon15
09-19-2008, 10:57 AM
its official the EMU hates me haha. i know the devs and admins are working at this problem so we all just have to be patient. you can do it guys *thumbs up*

Dziubek
09-19-2008, 11:01 AM
woot good to know thanks guys. i guess it really is sticking to that 48 hour grace period. well like 2 more hours and i think mine is up lol

is ur account active?

gamerjon15
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
is ur account active?

pretty sure it is,i hit the activation email 3 times,and manually entered the number. every time it told me that it was active

The_Computer_Wizard
09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
ok, im pretty sure there is a problem
ive activated my account 72 hours ago and it still wont let me play
i made another account (i think a little shy of 48 hours ago) and i cant play on that either
im seriously not complaining, i understand what you guys are doing, and that it takes A LOT of work, but you might want to address the fact that there "might" be a bug in the system

PhantomLeader
09-19-2008, 03:51 PM
If you can post, you've been activated.

I don't know what's causing the server to think that you haven't been activated. There's a fix being worked on, but in the meantime, please be patient.

Also, do not create more accounts. Duplicate accounts will be banned or deleted.

Dziubek
09-19-2008, 03:53 PM
i mean that i can post at forum etc. but can't log at TC

PhantomLeader
09-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Like I said; you're activated, but the server doesn't recognize it yet. We're working on getting the server to recognize that.

Obten Ebrator
09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Damn these modern computers. Remember when a good whack with a hammer could solve almost anything? Someone needs to invent the Tron thing so we can go in and use digital hammers on the program that's keeping a hand over his eyes and saying "Nope, can't see you!"

Deno
09-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Lol obten..

Jagaimo
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
This is going to sound dumb, I'm sure but..I joined the (and I have no better way to describe this) "blue and white" forum yesterday and downloaded the launchpad, then I found this "pretty orange and black" forum today and joined here. Which am I required to join before the game will let me play? or are they one and the same?

Jag

Seaseme
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Jag, they're one and the same forum :)

acau
10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Damn these modern computers. Remember when a good whack with a hammer could solve almost anything? Someone needs to invent the Tron thing so we can go in and use digital hammers on the program that's keeping a hand over his eyes and saying "Nope, can't see you!"

OK that's was freakin FUNNY!!

BTW great update gotta love it especially since the release is........................ well lets just say to be announced :)

jeremyvandamme
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
is it 48 hours till you log on the game or am i doing somthing wrong?

Ekaika
11-13-2008, 12:04 AM
It shouldn't be. Expect an hour or so, but be prepared to wait if necessary.

Lazzo
01-06-2009, 05:56 AM
This is going to sound dumb, I'm sure but..I joined the (and I have no better way to describe this) "blue and white" forum yesterday and downloaded the launchpad, then I found this "pretty orange and black" forum today and joined here. Which am I required to join before the game will let me play? or are they one and the same?

Jag

Jag, they're one and the same forum :)

Hm actually maybe not? I had similar confusion. When I click 'FAQ' from the swgemu homepage, it takes me to a blue and white page. A support knowledge base I think? There was a register link there and I registered. I waited over 24h and I couldn't log in to forums nor the TC.

I registered from the forum link and the registration process was different, as was the validation e-mail. And voila, now I can post and log in to TC! :-D

Alcara
03-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Sitting through my "Grace Period" at the moment... ughhhh. Keep staring at my MR Lightsaber wishing to create a character.... [PATIENCE!] :/

kaelvin
03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
bpo-yah i mentioned this not too long ago!!!

keep up the good work devs.

Hm actually maybe not? I had similar confusion. When I click 'FAQ' from the swgemu homepage, it takes me to a blue and white page. A support knowledge base I think? There was a register link there and I registered. I waited over 24h and I couldn't log in to forums nor the TC.

I registered from the forum link and the registration process was different, as was the validation e-mail. And voila, now I can post and log in to TC! :-D

obviously the "support knowledge base" isnt the forum.

amphitryon
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Speaking of forum integration code, is VBulletin going to be the only supported integrated forums for SWgEmu 1.0? Any chance of PhPBB 3.0 support for the independant sysops who hate vBulletin?