PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Article on SWGEMU

baisch
12-05-2008, 09:37 AM
My friend that writes for the examiner sent me this story.

http://www.examiner.com/x-544-Games-Examiner~y2008m12d4-A-Star-Wars-Galaxies-emulator-goes-old-school-on-SWG

ZerohourUK
12-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Your fame has increased by 1 swgemu :D

nostyleguy
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
the more the merrier.

xavia
12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Nice, thanks for the link. :)

Timbab
12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Pretty cool, I hope more mainstream media gets involved.

Seaseme
12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
:D great article!

EVILJUDE
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
sony need to learn from AoC.....

Stinney
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I suppose i should be surprised at how easy it is for Mythic to start classic servers.

Bearing in mind how "impossible" it was for SOE to do the same thing.

SOE = Penny-wise but millions stupid.

Kellina
12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Sweet, this is awesome!

MrBlonde
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice, thanks for sharing this. :)

Leodextrin
12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Awesome article
-Click-
Save as... "SWGEMU_Kicks_ass"

Ekaika
12-05-2008, 02:34 PM
This is getting very interesting :)

vanster
12-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Again this sort of exposure is what SWGEMU needs thanks for sharing
All the work thats going on is turning heads !

_DM_
12-06-2008, 07:52 AM
w00t!

COCONUT
12-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Very Nice

monkay1407
12-06-2008, 11:40 AM
NIce article. Thanks for sharing! :)

Relentless
12-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Word

tyresog
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Very nice...hopefully closer to release 1.0 someone can get a letter into PC Gamer, that would be nice press.

Maswill
12-08-2008, 06:48 AM
That's cool

Tecar
12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I liked that article. If Sony worries about only making money, would think making some server Pre-CU would make some big bucks compared to the NGE flop, and after they see where the population is they would come back to the light side.

Evonda
04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I have to laugh every time I read a thread by some loser kid that says NGE is better cause he can kill Jedi with his smuggler. Why do you think Pre-CU players hate it? Cause a smuggler can solo kill a Jedi, you idiot! Do you really think Han Solo would stand a chance against Darth Maul or Boba Fett? Shut up already about it! Next thing you know they're gonna want to solo a Jedi Master with an Armorsmith. This lame BALANCED combat argument is for the birds. Jedi and BH are an ELITE class! Making it so a Spy can solo kill a Commando is 500% LAME. Walk down into the Ghetto and start talking about how you need to be able to PvP anybody and see how many Elite street fighters take your lunch. I hope these kids don't come here. Let them have the NGE and their crafter combat. Balanced combat so that smugglers can kill Jedi and BH is something I do NOT want to see. I can go back to SOE for that.

I played the NGE for almost 2 years, and I kicked a lot of but for the last year of it. There are always gonna be players with a higher skill level and there is no changing that. I don't care what the game is.....if I have a higher IQ and better reflexes, I'm gonna whip your ass, in combat and in commerce. I had one of the best Jedi on Sunrunner, and made about 8 billion creds in that 2 years. There is not a high number of people that know how to succeed in the NGE better than me, and I say Pre-CU FTW!
Yeah, the new instances and loot are cool. Yeah, the new saber hilts are cool. Yeah, the new ships are cool. There's a lot of cool stuff in there, but it aint Pre-CU baby! There is no replacing those professions. Squad Leader, Ranger, TK, Fencer, there are so many things that the NGE is missing because of that crappy NGE idea. They should have just left it alone and put in expansions. Taking out 2 dozen professions was NOT a good idea. Combat levels was NOT a good idea. The fact that you had no combat levels was one of the things I loved about it. I know people that play the NGE right now that have been there since Beta. Some of them will never leave, but some of them WILL come here, because they know what's up, and they know that Pre-CU is the only way to get it.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that give up spare time, money and whatever else it takes to get this done. If I knew how to write code I would be right there next to them working my ass off. All hail the EMU Devs and their staff. I can't wait to see you on TV! :D EMU FTW!!!

Tanni
04-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this wonderful article!

Syrathin
04-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Very cool, Thanks for sharing.

Emerzon
04-11-2009, 10:54 PM
This was my first chance seeing this thread, thx for sharrin tha link to the article!

Ecaobia Agiakov
05-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Another great plug for the SWGEmu Community. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Valmin
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Melvin says:
expect its ran by rejects llooking for the power they cannot have in regular games

Its about 4 years away from what the real swg was at release

they are changing the game away from the orginal pre-cu

all in all when they are done, it will just feel dated and you will not be able to go there and relive the online lives of those you envy

cus thats all it is full of ,, are live server rejects who try to act like those who pawned them on live

i lol'd a little at this.

Keep up the great work devs! Can't wait till this bad boy goes live!

KroniK
05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeh I missed this the first go around, thanks for posting it and thanks for bumping it. Did anyone read the comment Melvin wrote? It kinda pissed me off.

"Melvin says:
expect its ran by rejects llooking for the power they cannot have in regular games

Its about 4 years away from what the real swg was at release

they are changing the game away from the orginal pre-cu

all in all when they are done, it will just feel dated and you will not be able to go there and relive the online lives of those you envy

cus thats all it is full of ,, are live server rejects who try to act like those who pawned them on live"

HoboWithABlaster
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Necros all around ey?

Edit:

KroniK, most of the comments are horrible, just ignore the idiots.