PDA

View Full Version : Recent Item loss/structure/toon deletions

Vashman
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
The Recent Server crash, had data corruption. This may have caused items in your inventory to be deleted. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

dukegnarley
03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
so last week i stayed up really late one night getting some awesome resources i found, then the next day the server was wiped...... then i spent all of yesterday getting resources just to have them disappear this morning. I have the WORST luck! Anyway, hope you guys can get the corruption issues figured out, can't wait for 1.0!

ihowolf
03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
The joy of working in BETA. LOL. All of my characters naked, free, and loving it! Seriously, it is a bit of a bummer. I also lost resources for making my crafting characters transportation, but like I said, "The joy of working BETA." It's not the end of the world.
Off to the Jawa Trader!

Thank goodness for bras and underpants.

ihowolf
03-23-2009, 05:36 PM
I just realized Jawa Traders don't have footwear. That's going to mean some serious sand burns on the soles my characters feet. /hot_ouch_hop

metalhomicide
03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
The joy of working in BETA. LOL. All of my characters naked, free, and loving it! Seriously, it is a bit of a bummer. I also lost resources for making my crafting characters transportation, but like I said, "The joy of working BETA." It's not the end of the world.
Off to the Jawa Trader!

Thank goodness for bras and underpants.

Actually we're in Alpha. :p Alpha is when features are being added in, Beta is when the all the features are in and everything is being fine-tuned. Then, once it's all right, it's released! :D

Bartrex
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Good to know that I just created a crafter, and haven't play with him, so I didn't lost anything, but that's the fun of playing in Alpha or Beta, you don't know if next time you log in you've lost everything you did.

loftkilla
03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Actually we're in Alpha. :p Alpha is when features are being added in, Beta is when the all the features are in and everything is being fine-tuned. Then, once it's all right, it's released! :D

Also, many projects will have a Release Candidate(RC) phase before official release and after the beta. Many of the Drupal projects I work with run with an RC before a 1.0 is dropped.

0.30 (?core3?) <---- SWG EMU is prolly still about here to beta, depending of the feature in question
1.0a <---- implementaion of features
1.0b1 <---- bug testing and fixes (I wouldn't call SWGEmu beta, as only a small part of the features are in test, not the entire EMU.
1.0RC1 <---- for final polishes before a release
1.0X Pub <---- this is where public servers take it up unless they begin with an earlier development version

It's not beta until all the features are implemented and being tested against all other features. A Beta is a complete package with hella wrinkles in the wrapping. Once all the bugs appear to be substantially handled a RC is released for last minute tests. If there are no critical bugs, then you can drop a Final release, otherwise you drop a RC2 and run it again, rinse, repeat until you have a solid stable. Granted there will be bugs at Release and un-implemented features, but in large commercial projects things tend more toward thorough testing before a 'supported' release.

Birgitte
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
When the server was wiped, did that mean characters too? I came in today and had to create a character to get in.

Lubbe
03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Lost two of my 7 characters. But they were made recently.

Bartrex
03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Is there a posibility that this could happen again?

Lotek
03-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Is there a posibility that this could happen again?

Yes, there is always a small chance. If you wanted a percentage I would say about a 100% chance of it happening again.

CFHinLA
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, there is always a small chance. If you wanted a percentage I would say about a 100% chance of it happening again.

LOL!! True dat. I lost ALOT of resources, all my clothes and a carbineer I was grinding from scratch. Major bummer but whatcha gonna do?

I will not be detered.

Karric_
03-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Heheheh.......On a test centre never get attached to anything:p

Including your name......I logged in to find all but one of my chars wiped and my total inv gone. (still had my speederbike in my datapad though......Underpant speederbike streaking FTW!) The part that shocked me was to find that someone had created chars taking up two of my names already.

Funny stuff!
K

Dova
03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
When I created characters today they had no inventory. No survery device or crafting tool for the artisan and no weapon for the marksman. :(

Bartrex
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Good, I thought it was a higher percentage, that comforts me a lot.

Kayliaah
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh I thought it wouldn't happen to me, well I was wrong, it's always cool to log on naked with your inventory empty and all your resources gone. :(

I'm gonna cry in a corner.

Well I hope it gets fixed soon, imagine it happens everytime the server crashes :O

The first time I was starting to get attached to my stuff :D
Time to re-craft these clothes!

Lubbe
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Seems like we don't have any backups which sucks :p

The database-leak can happen when the server deadlocks. So when the server deadlocks its chance that the database get screwed.

TuleenDonai
03-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I've seen evidences of this as well. Many things are cached in volatile memory while the the server is running, and NOT actually written to the MySQL Database until a later time - sometimes, not at all.

This was a major reason why backpacks were funky for a long time.

Eventually, they will find all of these instances, and make sure DB updates happen in a more timely fashion. Only that can help prevent character corruption issues when a server either crashes or Deadlocks.

An analogy would be keeping all your computer based, in process, work in DRAM Memory, and only committing it to Hard Disk periodically (once an hour.) One Powerfail, BSOD, or app crash (Send Report?) and you lose all you work. Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc - prior to Autosave and Autobackups.

Who HASN'T this happened to? (It happened to my Pastor just last Saturday. Lost all his Sermon Notes. Had to start fresh!)

lividspiral
04-17-2009, 03:32 PM
i just made a marksman and got no weapon. so i made an artisan figuring to survey and collect the resources to make cdef rifle, pistol and carbine but there were no survey or crafting tools. i went to bazaar to buy crafting tool but only one for sale was clothing/armor. have just respec'd to brawler so i can work teras kasi figuring how bad can unarmed be :D still love having the old pre-cu rocking! its like deja vu all over again

JarvisW
04-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Livid, there is a Gungan (Blue Frog) next to the starport in Theed. Hes got anything you need.

fixit6
04-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Items disappear, except stuff received before this started happening. Subsequently they are taking up space....

2 characters are full with 50+ space...so items are phantom...

Trisomy21
04-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Hmm inventory seems to be completely forked. I can't loot anything, harvest anything and all the stuff I had before was gone save for 2 useless items. Oh well.

dennis278
04-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Can't a server like save every 10minutes? like "server saved all ingame characters" then if it crashes just load up?

remters
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
is there any way of keeping recently made items in your inventory? instead of losing them and constantly everyday having to recreate them?