PDA

View Full Version : Current Major Issue: Characters Inaccessible

Max
03-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Attention all TC:Nova users.

There is a major issue relating to Characters on the Test Centre which may affect your ability to use TC:Nova.

Many people have already noticed that after they create a new character, and disconnect from this new character, all characters on their account appear to be inaccessible. Generally no errors are shown; the user is simply unable to do anything using a character, including play or delete.

For those who are thinking of making a new character; DO NOT! It will disable your ability to play on the Test Centre. CSRs and Developers have even been affected without warning.

For those who are already afflicted with this issue; rest assured that we are working to fix it. We will keep you updated in this thread.

If you have not created a new character and if your current ones are performing fine, you should be safe to continue playing as per normal.

We appologise for the inconvenience and will keep you updated.

Cheers.

djolovicl
03-30-2009, 03:59 AM
I created one yesterday and he is inaccessible, but the rest work thank god.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7229/screenshot0008f.jpg

sleekjag
03-30-2009, 04:09 AM
yeah i created a wookie just cause they are interesting to play and i played him for a bit but had to log. I can't play him anymore or delete him but i can still play my other toon i had before though something was up.

emperoranubis
03-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Same with me, I tried creating a new character last night, was loading in but then it took me back to the login screen looking like the screenshot djolovicl posted above. Fortunately, all my characters except for that single new character are still playable.

lunatec
03-30-2009, 10:03 AM
be patient, they will fix it soon

Davickk
03-30-2009, 11:53 AM
only 2 words for this

boop, DEAD

Hopl!tespear
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
damn just my luck, dl'd and installed all afternoon and the moment i create a char bamn :p. But i trust u guys will get it fixed.

BankyEdwards
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
why do i get a bad feeling another character database wipe will be the only way to fix it :(

Hopl!tespear
03-30-2009, 12:01 PM
so these things happen from time to time (I'm new with swgEMU)? I was kinda delighted that they got this far already.

KroniK
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeh things happen from time to time, its a TC so when they add in new stuff new bugs pop up that has to be worked out. They recently had a hard drive crash on them so lately the downtime has been a little more, but don't worry this team is incredibly hard working and dedicated to this emu.

Hopl!tespear
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm not worrieng, have all faith in these guys. :)

blackfire93
03-30-2009, 12:41 PM
yeah im new to the emu. Created a character last night, and same thing. (i noticed there is no "profiles" folder created in the directory)

Kayliaah
03-30-2009, 12:41 PM
http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/changeset/1407

[added] Zone server now has the galaxy id associated with it. (Setable in Lua)
[added] Zone server name is now retrieved from galaxy table.

I guess it's related?

God I knew it was a bad idea to create a new character to "test" this bug, I didn't so I think I'm fine, hurray!

Rofl, that would be fun, 3 DB wipes in a row. :D
Well, not fun in fact. :(

Hopl!tespear
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
So all the screens i see with all the gear n stuff, all gone then for u guys. When this database whipe happens.?

djolovicl
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
So all the screens i see with all the gear n stuff, all gone then for u guys. When this database whipe happens.?

Yup, all your stuff, your money and your toons.

Hopl!tespear
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Well i guess thats normal for a test server :).

Karric_
03-30-2009, 01:55 PM
It is indeed a test server and you should never get too attached to any of your shinies......But honestly there have not been this many Data Base wipes in sucession since I started messin about with TC. So hang in there....These guys know thier stuff, this too shall pass :p

K

jedichuck
03-30-2009, 07:34 PM
could this have been caused if someone tried to "import" their old SWG waypoints into the EMU profiles directory?

-Stoney-
03-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I am new to SWGEmu and was very disappointed to see this happen. I will try to keep my patience.

Seratt
03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
haha, make sure to keep your patience. The work these guys are doing is simply amazing.

djolovicl
03-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I am new to SWGEmu and was very disappointed to see this happen. I will try to keep my patience.

You have to understand that this is a TEST CENTER, work in progress, things like this will happened from time to time. This is not a game, this is the way that games are made, you can try to be a part of that process. And then when its done you will earn the right to say you were there, helping when the awesomeness was created.

-Stoney-
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
You have to understand that this is a TEST CENTER, work in progress, things like this will happened from time to time. This is not a game, this is the way that games are made, you can try to be a part of that process. And then when its done you will earn the right to say you were there, helping when the awesomeness was created.
I realize that.
And I am planning on sticking with it through the bugs.

My point was, it sucks that as soon as I join, I can't even play.

Bartrex
03-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I realize that.
And I am planning on sticking with it through the bugs.

My point was, it sucks that as soon as I join, I can't even play.

That's something we can't control, my friend. Just be patient.

JarvisW
03-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah, its not like someone will come along after 3 years of gameplay and make your char completely useless, or a STARTING CLASS...

Oh nevermind, this isn't SOE ;)

Hopl!tespear
03-31-2009, 03:05 AM
don't worry stoney i have the same thing like u, ur not allone. Just be patient these guys are doing an amazing job :D.

EDIT: i just made a new character, and i could login. W/O any problems. Running around and so on. But the first one wich was stuck is still stuck. Can't delete etc. But creating a new one is fixed i guess. Just wanted to say this

EDIT 2: after logging back out and wanting to log back in the char is stuck also. So i guess its not entirely fixed.

sleekjag
03-31-2009, 04:47 AM
yeah just did a quick test i made a toon and got in just fine logged out after going to theed and can't access him anymore.

Kyrm347
03-31-2009, 04:53 AM
I have one character (testing Brawler from start) and it is stuck as well.

"Aye Sir, Standing By, Sir"

-Stoney-
03-31-2009, 06:31 AM
That's something we can't control, my friend. Just be patient.
I will say again, I realize this.
Yeah, its not like someone will come along after 3 years of gameplay and make your char completely useless, or a STARTING CLASS...

Oh nevermind, this isn't SOE ;)
QFT

jimmyf1
03-31-2009, 06:46 AM
:( i just started to play today and then this happens

a well i know you will do your best for us

cant wait to play again

Vlock
03-31-2009, 06:49 AM
am i the only person who has not lost any items or had a problem with character login?

Hopl!tespear
03-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Maybe u had characters already then? We all made a new one and they get locked after a logout.

Talking of this matter. Is there any update on the problem?

jimmyf1
03-31-2009, 09:45 AM
nothing i know of :(

RevDingleberry
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
same thing here people. Made a character, didn't like his face, so I rerolled, and boom shakka lakka, can't delete, can't access - but at least they know about it, and that's a good thing.

Chin up, it'll be resolved -----

jimmyf1
03-31-2009, 01:49 PM
any news yet?

-Stoney-
03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
any news yet?
I'm sure they will let us know if any progress is made

gr33neggs
03-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Will it hurt anything if I just keep making new chars when I log in? I'm just messing around trying to find bugs and testing stuff. Having the same char each time isn't a big deal to me atm, but I don't want to cause more issues.

djolovicl
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Will it hurt anything if I just keep making new chars when I log in? I'm just messing around trying to find bugs and testing stuff. Having the same char each time isn't a big deal to me atm, but I don't want to cause more issues.

Probably not, i think its safe to say you are not hurting anybody or anything, so go ahead. You will just have more toons frozen but that's about it. I think ;)

nicinmonkey
03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
I lost one as well. hopefully not "lost", just misplaced in a galaxy far, far away......

to my toon.
PHONE HOME PLEASE..
you have my harvesters...

cRush
03-31-2009, 05:31 PM
If anyone has this still occur since the latest server restart, please PM me. Thanks.

RevDingleberry
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
i made a new account to test if it happens with just the one chatacter / server as was slated in the original - and it's all good to go and fine, the prob starts happening when you make more than one char.

hope that helps.

SpidermanPuddin
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
I have the same problem. I too believe it only happens when you make multiple characters.

Gargamel
03-31-2009, 06:18 PM
i had the problem with my first character i made, so i dont think it has something to do with having multiple characters

Lester
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
My first character made had this problem, was the only char made and could not log in after my first logout. Should i just make a new acct or will the affected accounts be repaired?

Ramsey
03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
No do not make a new account. We will fix this as soon as we can determine what is behind the issue.

(Lester after the character in CHUCK?)

Anyway, sorry about the inconvenience

edit: looks like crush found the issue. hes fixing it now.

nicinmonkey
03-31-2009, 07:06 PM
nope........ and "atoon byme", thats my alt, still has my harvesters.

it's hard to find good help.;)

Crush!CRush!CRUsh!CRUSh!CRUSH!

gr33neggs
03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
after the server hiccup I was able to access my old chars and delete others =)

NordiOpe
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Working now, at least for me :)

djolovicl
03-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Its alive!!!

TY for your hard work and for fixing this so fast ;)

zomick
03-31-2009, 08:17 PM
This happened to two of my characters but my first one, before the Hard drive died, is good. Glad to hear cRush is working on it and thanks for the hard work.

-Stoney-
03-31-2009, 08:21 PM
<33333333333
I was expecting a longer wait.
Thank youu :)

Hopl!tespear
04-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Fixed here, i can login on both stuck chars now. And logout and reconnect to.

Thx for the fast and great job swgemu team! love ya!

hudspeth
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
bomb, i had 3 different versions of the same character because of this! now i can delete the clones. thanks dudes!

nicinmonkey
04-01-2009, 12:52 PM
thx

so fast

pgsparky
04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
I created new char yesterday but the bug didnt get meh!!!! Da forz is with meh i know it. :emperor:

lareth87
10-21-2009, 03:17 PM
well... mines not so much as a character issue, but a login issue. she wont log in... it shows her as having all of her gear and such and i can easily enough start her login.... but i have waited for hours (overnight one time) and she will never connect to swg... i stop logging her in and open up one of my other toons and it takes about 20 seconds to get them in the game.... whats up with that?

Vlada
10-21-2009, 03:27 PM
well... mines not so much as a character issue, but a login issue. she wont log in... it shows her as having all of her gear and such and i can easily enough start her login.... but i have waited for hours (overnight one time) and she will never connect to swg... i stop logging her in and open up one of my other toons and it takes about 20 seconds to get them in the game.... whats up with that?

There is a server cap, its between 800 and 1000 instances logged, so leave your toon "connecting to the galaxy" and and you will get in, eventually...

gefockif
10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
This occurs to me occasionally. Usually once I start the log on process I quickly cancel it and then the second time i can enter the galaxy, this works unless you try in peak hours where there is a wait log.

wolverine3982
10-21-2009, 03:57 PM

Ive been having the same issue the last couple of days. I know, I know...there is a server cap and if you leave it connecting, you should get in eventually. But the key word there is EVENTUALLY. Ive left my character at "connecting to the galaxy" for several hours to all night long, and i havent been able to connect for several days now. Ive never had to wait for more than about 30 minutes or so, so im pretty sure something else is going on. Any ideas or similar situation???

Vlada
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Ive been having the same issue the last couple of days. I know, I know...there is a server cap and if you leave it connecting, you should get in eventually. But the key word there is EVENTUALLY. Ive left my character at "connecting to the galaxy" for several hours to all night long, and i havent been able to connect for several days now. Ive never had to wait for more than about 30 minutes or so, so im pretty sure something else is going on. Any ideas or similar situation???

If you dont think its due the server cap, go to IRC SWGEMUsupport channel, and see if they know something more.

bondhi
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
since that post is recent...

The server experianced a deadlock.... its fixed and should get in now

Ryaker Rising
10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I had no problems last night. Checked it again this morning before work and got right in.

saal
10-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't think this is of too much help but here goes:
I have copied same SWGEMU to to several PCs in my cybercafe. Worked fine on each, until today - on one of the machines, it was stuck on login. Then I tried to connect on one of the other machines, logged in instantly. Tried again on first one, stuck on login. Tried to copy files that I thought may be somehow corrupted, and it did not help. Then I copied entire swgemu from another machine and voila! it works.
Maybe repair would work, but since that would take longer, I did not try it.
Make a backup of your WORKING emu, people, that's what I would recommend after this ordeal.

zamorak81
10-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Does this have something to do with the server saying "online", but not letting me actually login to the character. I have been having this problem for a while now.

corbaer
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
The server is currently Deadlocked:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlock

Carl M
10-22-2009, 02:25 PM
why do i get a bad feeling another character database wipe will be the only way to fix it :(

You just had to say it.

G'Kar
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
The server is currently Deadlocked

So what do they do, just restart the server?

Vlada
10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
So what do they do, just restart the server?

And leave the bug that caused it in the code? Any idiot can press restart, point is to get the logs before the restart, find out what caused the deadlock, find a way to fix it, code the fix, update the code with the newly codded fix, then get the server up and running. Maybe i missed a step or two.

corbaer
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
They generally analyse the logs and determine the cause of the deadlock, determine a remedy, apply it and start it back up again.

Basically when the volunteers with the necessary access, skills and time can work on it, they will.

Union
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I've been trying for like 5 hours. Still can't get in. I love the game, but it's so frustrating trying to get in or being in the middle of something and getting booted with no warning (past 2-3 nights) and not being able to get back in.

katteni
10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
ok i dunno if this is a bug or what or wether its just part of the whole deadlock thing. But i have noticed some times that when i go to log on i get the connecting to log on server. give that say 10 mins or more while i read forums then if that does not work close that then try again. this time I get a back ground with a radial loading type screen. Here is where the difference seems to come in. If i can click back it usually means can get in but if i cant Eg its frozen tends to mean i have to ctr+alt+del to restart and try again. (note this is after letting the log on run for at least 10 mins - 1hour. not simply not logging on try again type situation). so not sure if it is a simple coding error or maybe just the deadlock situation.

Vlada
10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
I've been trying for like 5 hours. Still can't get in. I love the game, but it's so frustrating trying to get in or being in the middle of something and getting booted with no warning (past 2-3 nights) and not being able to get back in.

Server is deadlocked at the moment, check on IRC #test channel for correct info, and it may be frustrating, but its a TC (test center) so its primary function is not our enjoyment. You will have to wait, like the rest of us. We are all in the same boat.

ok i dunno if this is a bug or what or wether its just part of the whole deadlock thing. But i have noticed some times that when i go to log on i get the connecting to log on server. give that say 10 mins or more while i read forums then if that does not work close that then try again. this time I get a back ground with a radial loading type screen. Here is where the difference seems to come in. If i can click back it usually means can get in but if i cant Eg its frozen tends to mean i have to ctr+alt+del to restart and try again. (note this is after letting the log on run for at least 10 mins - 1hour. not simply not logging on try again type situation). so not sure if it is a simple coding error or maybe just the deadlock situation.

That sound like client not server side, if game freezes before it even connects to server it cant be server side. If its that annoying try a full repair.

katteni
10-22-2009, 04:00 PM
have done a full repair and no real diff it seems to change from time to time. /shrug just a idea may be nothing.

Union
10-22-2009, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Vlada;444410]Server is deadlocked at the moment, check on IRC #test channel for correct info, and it may be frustrating, but its a TC (test center) so its primary function is not our enjoyment. You will have to wait, like the rest of us. We are all in the same boat.

True, but I am testing, just as much as I am playing. If I find an issue, I report it. When the game goes live, I want it to work and not be frustrated 24/7.

Vlada
10-22-2009, 04:09 PM
True, but I am testing, just as much as I am playing. If I find an issue, I report it. When the game goes live, I want it to work and not be frustrated 24/7.

I never said you weren't testing, i was simply trying to calm you down and explain that we are all experiencing the same thing, the server is deadlocked for all of us, and we all want and have things to do in game.

But what we do now, and depending on how well we do it, will determent how fast the game will go live and mark the end of all deadlocks, server crashes, wipes etc. Well most of them.

G'Kar
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
And leave the bug that caused it in the code? Any idiot can press restart, point is to get the logs before the restart, find out what caused the deadlock, find a way to fix it, code the fix, update the code with the newly codded fix, then get the server up and running. Maybe i missed a step or two.

Thanks for explaining how it works. Wasen't aware their able to log it and fix the problem. So is it safe to say that after each deadlock, server performance should improve? Cause I gotta say, when the server came up today after last nights deadlock, I had the smoothest gameplay yet. Something musta got fixed.

Keep up the excellent work.

Vlada
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for explaining how it works. Wasen't aware their able to log it and fix the problem. So is it safe to say that after each deadlock, server performance should improve? Cause I gotta say, when the server came up today after last nights deadlock, I had the smoothest gameplay yet. Something musta got fixed.

Keep up the excellent work.

Look at it this way, after every deadlock one or more nasty bugs get fixed. (more or less)

Union
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I never said you weren't testing, i was simply trying to calm you down and explain that we are all experiencing the same thing, the server is deadlocked for all of us, and we all want and have things to do in game.

But what we do now, and depending on how well we do it, will determent how fast the game will go live and mark the end of all deadlocks, server crashes, wipes etc. Well most of them.

lol, I'm calm, just bored and honestly, I have to ask, why should we go into IRC to find out about the status of the server? Would it not be better for the Devs to change the Status uopn login to Deadlocked or Offline, so that we know there is a problem? since the server cap, we honestly don't know if it's deadlocked or we're waiting in queue. Just curious, not complaining.

Vlada
10-22-2009, 04:37 PM
lol, I'm calm, just bored and honestly, I have to ask, why should we go into IRC to find out about the status of the server? Would it not be better for the Devs to change the Status uopn login to Deadlocked or Offline, so that we know there is a problem? since the server cap, we honestly don't know if it's deadlocked or we're waiting in queue. Just curious, not complaining.

I think their time would be better spent on fixing what actually causes deadlocks, than trying to find new ways of keeping everyone up to date with server status when the correct status is actually already provided on IRC.

It only takes a few clicks to get to #status or #test channel, i just don't see the point.

Serpentkaa
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM

That would require more time for the devs to implement at this stage in development. As this is a volunteer team, picking and choosing priorities for development is important. The staff ask that the players take the time to check status of the server in IRC #status room right now.

Union
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I see your point. Thanks. And I agree fixing the bugs should be priority 1.

G'Kar
10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
That would require more time for the devs to implement at this stage in development. As this is a volunteer team, picking and choosing priorities for development is important. The staff ask that the players take the time to check status of the server in IRC #status room right now.

I'm having problems registering with IRC. So it's helpful when people post whats happening here.

When trying to register for IRC, I get this message when I start it up: Erroneous Nickname: Illegal characters

Is this because my name has a ' in it?

Vlada
10-22-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm having problems registering with IRC. So it's helpful when people post whats happening here.

When trying to register for IRC, I get this message when I start it up: Erroneous Nickname: Illegal characters

Is this because my name has a ' in it?

Here is a guide: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15460

And if there is nothing there bout your ' problem, just don't use it.

Spade13
10-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Hooray another wipe ;)

Honestly it feels better without ppl talkin about Ancient Krayt Dragon Pearls.

Labyrinth
10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I'll bet the devs wish they were bored sometimes. They aren't a 24/7 IT Help Hotline after all; they're human just like us, except that instead of waiting for a server to go back online, they have actually go in and fix it (when they can manage to find the time to).

I doubt they exactly get out of bed and say, "Ooh, I hope the server is deadlocked again, I want to spend my whole day debugging!"

I guess you could say it's the difference between paid help and volunteers; paid help is often part of a company and a company needs to keep up an appearance of the utmost efficiency and service. Volunteers, however, are...well, volunteers and are free to give service as they choose.

I remember another forum I went to for a while that had "skin requests" for a certain type of forum and also "graphic requests" (mostly signatures and avatars). I cannot possibly count the amount of times people complained in some way because the requests were not being filled "quickly enough." You don't quite realize how ridiculous it is until you're the one behind the counter.

/end dispassionate pondering

Union
10-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I'll bet the devs wish they were bored sometimes. They aren't a 24/7 IT Help Hotline after all; they're human just like us, except that instead of waiting for a server to go back online, they have actually go in and fix it (when they can manage to find the time to).

I doubt they exactly get out of bed and say, "Ooh, I hope the server is deadlocked again, I want to spend my whole day debugging!"

I guess you could say it's the difference between paid help and volunteers; paid help is often part of a company and a company needs to keep up an appearance of the utmost efficiency and service. Volunteers, however, are...well, volunteers and are free to give service as they choose.

I remember another forum I went to for a while that had "skin requests" for a certain type of forum and also "graphic requests" (mostly signatures and avatars). I cannot possibly count the amount of times people complained in some way because the requests were not being filled "quickly enough." You don't quite realize how ridiculous it is until you're the one behind the counter.

/end dispassionate pondering

I know they're busy and they have lives outside of SWG, as I hope all of us do. I don't know much about coding or what it takes to change a server status, but I would *think* (yes, dangerous, I know) it would take just as much time to change the server status as it would to update IRC or post on the forums about the current issue.

As I said before, I'm not really complaining, just curious. But I think a couple people have explained it's easier to go to IRC than it is to change server status, and I'm good with that explanation.

Labyrinth
10-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I know they're busy and they have lives outside of SWG, as I hope all of us do. I don't know much about coding or what it takes to change a server status, but I would *think* (yes, dangerous, I know) it would take just as much time to change the server status as it would to update IRC or post on the forums about the current issue.

As I said before, I'm not really complaining, just curious. But I think a couple people have explained it's easier to go to IRC than it is to change server status, and I'm good with that explanation.
Well...I realize you already said you were satisfied with the explanation (:p), but...as far as I know, they have IRC Moderators online very frequently and, if I'm not mistaken, there are usually a couple GMs/Devs who are logged into IRC frequently, even if they aren't "active" - thus, it would be easier to simply minimize any windows they have up and change the IRC server status, also keeping clutter out of the forums, since people will make most of their comments about the status within IRC if they're all directed to it.

If that makes any sense. I love it when my sentences start twisting in on themselves. It's like an epic flood of pronouns, adverbs, and prepositions...well, something like that anyway. :|

Poocho
10-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Actually, I believe that the server status channel in IRC displays the status automatically, without any input from the devs. So right now their current method of informing us of the status requires NO effort from the busy developers, while their updating a status message somewhere would require SOME.

As my little disclaimer, I'm not attacking your comments, just trying to help in what little way I can. :)

Just my thoughts,
Poocho :)

Union
10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Haha, it's all good guys ;-)

enasnipez
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I have been having problems logging in for the past few days.. Server status is always at DEADLOCKED so can never log in.. I have waited hours to log in and have had no luck.. I know its cause there are so many logged in right now. The thing is many of them are by people who have more then one toon in the game at a time. Sure this was something we did in a real server but come on people let others play and stop afking your alt that by policy you should not even have.:>_<

Poocho
10-22-2009, 06:09 PM
As far as I know, a deadlocked status is in no direct way connected with the number of users. The server cap is of course, but the status will still appear as ONLINE if the reason you can't get in is because of the server cap.

Labyrinth
10-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I have been having problems logging in for the past few days.. Server status is always at DEADLOCKED so can never log in.. I have waited hours to log in and have had no luck.. I know its cause there are so many logged in right now. The thing is many of them are by people who have more then one toon in the game at a time. Sure this was something we did in a real server but come on people let others play and stop afking your alt that by policy you should not even have.:>_<
1) Server has been deadlocked at least twice these past couple days. Usually it's not this bad.

2) The server is deadlocked right now, thus you cannot get in right now.

3) Policy actually states that one CAN have two toons online in the game and it was recently capped to 2 already and has been argued to death.

4) When the server is actually working (e.g. not offline or deadlocked) the login time is usually not as bad as you make it out to be.

5) Watch IRC like a hawk if you're so worried about getting in and when the server's problems are fixed, you'll likely get in "like that" if you're quick enough.

coldghost
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM

when the server is deadlocked no one is online. It does not mean its full. It has basically locked up and is unplayable.

So when you see deadlocked you should just go find something else to do

Sesca
10-23-2009, 01:22 AM
What are the devs doing that its deadlock...mantainace?

Vlada
10-23-2009, 03:16 AM
What are the devs doing that its deadlock...mantainace?

I'm not sure i understand your question, but i will try to answer it anyway.

Devs don't cause deadlocks, that just happens, its a bug that brings everything to a standstill because two or more processes don't know which one should run first, and are all waiting on each other to finish.

So when that happens devs, in this case Oru (and TheAnswer possibly), need to take the logs and find what caused the deadlock, code a fix, restart the server, update the code with a fix. Problem is both Oru and TA are Europeans and do in fact sleep and have lives outside SWGEmu, so when they find time they will fix it.

Just be patient, it will be fixed soon.