PDA

View Full Version : [NOVA] TC Weapon Wipe

Jer
04-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Hey everyone. As of 4 AM EST, the Nova server will be undergoing a wipe of all weapons. This is because weapon exploits have been fixed, and the only way to make it fully effective is by completely removing all current weaponry. As always, thanks for your patience and your dedicated testing.

USA: 1AM PDT (Los Angeles) / 2AM MDT (Denver) / 3AM CDT (Austen) / 4AM EST (Washington DC)
Europe: 8AM UTC (London) / 10AM CET (Paris) / 12PM MSD (Moscow)
Pacific: 6PM AEST (Sydney) / 5PM JST (Toyko) / 10PM HST (Honolulu)

Audune
04-10-2009, 03:17 AM
1st

But eh, what needs to be done i guess, lol. Just hopefully you didn't touch my instruments =P

djolovicl
04-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey everyone. As of 4 AM EST, the Nova server will be undergoing a wipe of all weapons. This is because weapon exploits have been fixed, and the only way to make it fully effective is by completely removing all current weaponry. As always, thanks for your patience and your dedicated testing.

Is that 10 AM CET?

ksh87
04-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Is that 10 AM CET?

I always see you posting about time conversions bro, so here you go.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Jer
04-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Yessir, it would appear so. That brief downtime a few minutes ago was for the weapon wipe, so it's in effect now.

djolovicl
04-10-2009, 03:35 AM
I always see you posting about time conversions bro, so here you go.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

I do know what how to convert it, i have done it a million times.

I would just like to see some posts where they actually acknowledge existence of other country's, or continents for that matter;)

Jer
04-10-2009, 03:40 AM
EST is not my time zone either, I just wanted to get the announcement out promptly, and figured EST was the most common ground. In the future I will include other time zones.

djolovicl
04-10-2009, 03:48 AM
EST is not my time zone either, I just wanted to get the announcement out promptly, and figured EST was the most common ground. In the future I will include other time zones.

It was nothing personal, and i apologize if i offended you, but he asked and i answered.
I usually give the answer to Europeans in a form of question:

Is that 10 AM CET?

MarcusTheMartin
04-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Nerf EST

ksh87
04-10-2009, 05:28 AM
but he asked and i answered.

I didnt ask anything, actually.

I was trying to help you out, being as how your always asking about other times. If you already had the calc handy I dont really understand why make it an issue when it takes all of half a minute to convert any time zone.

djolovicl
04-10-2009, 05:43 AM
I didnt ask anything, actually.

I was trying to help you out, being as how your always asking about other times. If you already had the calc handy I dont really understand why make it an issue when it takes all of half a minute to convert any time zone.

Nope i didn't make an issue, i made a post in a form of question that gave correct time to the Europeans, and reminded the Staff they should probably make announcements more accurate... ;)

RedheartTempest
04-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Best notice ever! Thank you for this wipe.

And Ksh87, I find your signature to be offensive to women, and a severe distraction. That is all.

ksh87
04-10-2009, 06:32 AM

And Ksh87, I find your signature to be offensive to women, and a severe distraction. That is all.

If you are the type of person who is incredibly easily offended, then I suppose you would.

Joshino
04-10-2009, 06:33 AM
yeh cheers for the wipe ...
now play fair everyone!

MarcusTheMartin
04-10-2009, 06:58 AM

Right click block image go on with your life

Valkyra
04-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Right click block image go on with your life

Not really.

2.3 Transmit or facilitate distribution of Content (including images or videos) that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, or overtly sexual.

Their sig is a violation of our Forum Rules...

MarcusTheMartin
04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Not really.

2.3 Transmit or facilitate distribution of Content (including images or videos) that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, or overtly sexual.

Their sig is a violation of our Forum Rules...

Fine but my method works too :emperor:

Max
04-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Changed the outstanding signature and added a complete timezone breakdown to the original announcement.

Can we please, for the love of all that is good, move on.

djolovicl
04-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks MAX!!! :bow:

lunatec
04-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Is that 10 AM CET?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

LordNeon
04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Nerf EST

Meh, nerf timezones TBH lol, oh anyway, good job fixing the exploit, whatever it was :)

nostyleguy
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
djolovicl, just because you said 'i didn't make an issue' doesn't make it so. The fact that you just quadruple quoted yourself for the point of showing a Staff member that he didn't read the whole thread properly would definitely be defined as making an issue.

moreover, you chose a very poor way to express your desire for the staff members to include non-EST times on posts. A good way to express this concern would have been to say "i would like it if the staff members included international timezones when posting announcements". Imagine that, pretty easy isn't it?
Your method was convoluted at best and arguably flame-baiting.

Your second mistake was insisting to ksh87 that you already knew how to convert time and do it all the time. Assuming ksh87 does not possess telepathically abilities, it was perfectly reasonable for him to post a link to a time converter considering you expressed your desire in the form a question, obviously illustrating some uncertainty. In fact, as i read this thread, and saw your question, i opened a new tab in my browser and googled 'timezone converter' as well. I'm sure that is what lunatec did as well.

The bottom line is that Ksh87, Lunatec and i were all under the impression you did not know how to convert time, or at best, were unsure about it. If you really think the staff members should include more timezones on posts, then ask them to! Don't make a round-about snide comment that confuses people, and especially don't try to rebuttal after they attempt to help you.

Max
04-10-2009, 09:43 AM
djolovicl, just because you said 'i didn't make an issue' doesn't make it so. The fact that you just quadruple quoted yourself for the point of showing a Staff member that he didn't read the whole thread properly would definitely be defined as making an issue.

moreover, you chose a very poor way to express your desire for the staff members to include non-EST times on posts. A good way to express this concern would have been to say "i would like it if the staff members included international timezones when posting announcements". Imagine that, pretty easy isn't it?
Your method was convoluted at best and arguably flame-baiting.

Your second mistake was insisting to ksh87 that you already knew how to convert time and do it all the time. Assuming ksh87 does not possess telepathically abilities, it was perfectly reasonable for him to post a link to a time converter considering you expressed your desire in the form a question, obviously illustrating some uncertainty. In fact, as i read this thread, and saw your question, i opened a new tab in my browser and googled 'timezone converter' as well. I'm sure that is what lunatec did as well.

The bottom line is that Ksh87, Lunatec and i were all under the impression you did not know how to convert time, or at best, were unsure about it. If you really think the staff members should include more timezones on posts, then ask them to! Don't make a round-about snide comment that confuses people, and especially don't try to rebuttal after they attempt to help you.
I post common time zones in every one of my announcements, and I put on in here too.

Now, we will stop discussing this in an announcement thread.

AZIronman
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Is there a reason the VK and elite stun baton missing from the gungan? Is it intended or a bug? Was it caused by this wipe?

lunatec
04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I do know what how to convert it, i have done it a million times.

I would just like to see some posts where they actually acknowledge existence of other country's, or continents for that matter;)

I am gonna use Fuji time from now on (and I usually use GMT along with CST)

SKYNYRD
04-10-2009, 11:15 AM
CET EST GMT, if there are no other problems be happy.
When it was necessary to wipe it had to be done
Black Sun Knuckler is not certified for TKA.

MarcusTheMartin
04-10-2009, 11:39 AM
When it was necessary to wipe it had to be done

Story of my life

AZIronman
04-10-2009, 12:49 PM
WWEEEE
now the event lives on!

picklejuz
04-10-2009, 06:16 PM

USA: 1AM PDT (Los Angeles) / 2AM MDT (Denver) / 3AM CDT (Austen) / 4AM EST (Washington DC)
Europe: 8AM UTC (London) / 10AM CET (Paris) / 12PM MSD (Moscow)
Pacific: 6PM AEST (Sydney) / 5PM JST (Toyko) / 10PM HST (Honolulu)

not to beat a dead horse, but isn't it supposed to be EDT instead of EST?

Audune
04-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I say post one time, and make everyone just learn how to do the conversion for themselves. Sick of people always asking for the answer to something they can figure out themselves quicker than posting a *****ing reply and waiting.

metalhomicide
04-10-2009, 06:47 PM
not to beat a dead horse, but isn't it supposed to be EDT instead of EST?

EST = Eastern Standard Time
EDT = Eastern Daylight Time

It's EDT because daylight savings is in effect.

Kayliaah
04-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Lol at the flames. :D

Awesome for the wipe!
No more uber exploits for AXIS and STK :D

So no more useless blahblah on the TC, now I'm waiting for the Event. :)

Lubbe
04-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm waiting for house placement.

ksh87
04-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Changed the outstanding signature

We really need a sad panda emoticon. :(

dary
04-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Any ETA on when its coming up?

djolovicl
04-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Any ETA on when its coming up?

Few hours, a week, year maybe ;)

Joshino
04-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Few hours, a week, year maybe ;)

I'm gonna go with the later , i wonder if i can hom e cryo freeze.... :rolleyes:

Ashur
04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
no more 7k t21? QQ oh well, it was fun while it lasted :)

back to work i guess

TAfirehawk
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM
This is way past beating a dead horse.....announcement done and if you have problems please report to Mantis bug tracker.

CLOSED