Ramsey
04-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Task Overview:
-New Bank Terminals
-Basic Missions
-Inventory Stress

====================

New Bank Terminals
Banking terminals were added to all NPC cities. If you feel like there should be more, open up a discussion in the TC Forum.

----

Basic Missions
Basic missions have been rolled out onto the TC. The goal for this week is to make sure the MissionManager and Objective tracking are stable before we move onto lairs. The ONLY place you can obtain missions is from a special mission terminal in the center of Theed, coordinates: (-4885.0f, 4185.0f). It is by the Gungans, guild terminals, and Jeff Freeman fountain.

The following missions are available and essentially ask you to do similar tasks, but with different targets. If these simple missions prove to be stable, lairs will hit TC
1) The Shaupaut Hunt*
2) Jurassic Peko
3) Hairball**
4) Narlgatch Test**
5) tic-tac-peko**

*This mission does not function like live extermination missions. You receive it from the terminal, but you must return to an NPC to complete it. This is to test scripted NPC mission evaluation.

** Ready but not on TC until the first two are determined stable.

Missions will be available on the next restart. When reporting bugs, INCLUDE STEPS ON HOW TO REPRODUCE. For missions specifically, include the name of the mission.

If you are having issues with the terminal, waypoints, or mission objects - try logging out then back in. SWGEmu staff have a command available to wipe all of your mission data if it is corrupted or bugged. Before requesting staff aid, create a new character and try to reproduce the bug - file a report if you can reproduce.

----

Inventory Stress
An object and saving overhaul are on the way which will eventually wipe out all of the nasty bugs involving inventory. However, we are still interested in fixing the current Inventory system. If you notice any issues/bugs with your Inventory, please try to reproduce the bug and file a report on Mantis. This would help a lot! Thanks

====================

This thread is subject to further updates throughout the week. cRush is currently busy with school / work, housing & structure changes will rollout when he sees fit. He was nearing completion last week so it is possible that this week may bear some of his structure updates.

odwill
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Awesome news, Ramsey. Question with Inventory Stress
An object and saving overhaul are on the way which will eventually wipe out all of the nasty bugs involving inventory.

Does this include logging in naked and "delete" items from inventory bug or ghost inventory items?

Both have happened to me on multiple characters for the past 5 days.

Thanks,

Odz

djolovicl
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Big smile for you :D

hisengal
04-21-2009, 02:15 PM
imber news dude :=)

Vlock
04-21-2009, 02:20 PM
awesome....excited as all hell. loggin in soon to test this out!

<3 devs :D

Bokata
04-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Sweeet! Gonna test missions now.

EVILJUDE
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM
definitely goot to hear about the inventory issue gonna be fixed. already posted a bug report and added to a few other's bug reports that this issue happened on a few new toons I made.

TCircuits
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Inventory Stress
An object and saving overhaul are on the way which will eventually wipe out all of the nasty bugs involving inventory. However, we are still interested in fixing the current Inventory system. If you notice any issues/bugs with your Inventory, please try to reproduce the bug and file a report on Mantis. This would help a lot! Thanks

====================

This thread is subject to further updates throughout the week. cRush is currently busy with school / work, housing & structure changes will rollout when he sees fit. He was nearing completion last week so it is possible that this week may bear some of his structure updates.

Thanks for the update. I've already reported enough comments on Mantis regarding the nasty inventory bugs. Unable to test with my main character since her inventory is nearly completely full with "phantom" items. Sad to hear about housing & structure changes being delayed seeing as I recall it was slated "early" this week per "Bi-Weekly Update for 04/17/2009". Regardless, I know we'll all continue to look forward to the upcoming changes. :)

Casius Fet
04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Yea, LOL great about the inventory I hope it works... as it was before the Bazaar stole my money and gave me no clothes (Like a bad vending Machine :D) and I logged in with all of my clothes missing besides my pants :O

Guryon
04-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Nooooo I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours!!

Lubbe
04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Gotta check out the missions :)

Ramsey
04-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks to the testers that ran missions earlier today...we (TA especially <3) found a lot of bugs that were immediately patched. I will frequently add missions to test various BTS facilities. Monitor the SVN log: http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/timeline

Casius Fet
04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
The missions are working out well... wish you guys would stop stealing my clothes and leaving me with nothing but my pants though :lightsaber:

AzizaEno
04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
wooohooo!! missions!

Lord Vexos
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
The missions dont delete the waypoint after completion

Ramsey
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
The missions dont delete the waypoint after completion

This bug was fixed late last night. The fix, which was committed to SVN, should make it to TC on the next restart.

langelusse
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
It's maybe me, But I remember me that color of waypoint is yellow or orange for mission.

Good work for update :)

Axler
04-23-2009, 06:52 AM
It's maybe me, But I remember me that color of waypoint is yellow or orange for mission.

/agree

Oxyfire
04-23-2009, 11:38 AM
This bug was fixed late last night. The fix, which was committed to SVN, should make it to TC on the next restart.

excellent that has been the only bug ive found so far with the missions :lightsaber:

Omegataco
04-23-2009, 03:50 PM

Yeah its supposed to be orange.

ewo
04-30-2009, 06:59 AM
what he said

SieRRa
05-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeeah! Missions!

Corack
05-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I was not able to reproduce and test this again as the next time I logged in the missions were not available. But with the The Shaupaut Hunt mission when I tried to go to the npc to finish it the way point was telling me the npc was in the same location as I was and I could never find the npc to finish the mission.

also I am not able to send any bug reports as it says my name or pass are not correct, do I need to have be given a different account with different rights? I don't know how far harvesters are to be completed but I found a few things not working, but I'm guessing they just are not implemented yet.

xavia
05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Corack, you'll need to create a separate account here: http://www.swgemu.com/bugs. Before reporting, please make sure to use the search tool to see if your bug was submitted already.

ericthai1
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
cool

Corack
05-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Corack, you'll need to create a separate account here: http://www.swgemu.com/bugs. Before reporting, please make sure to use the search tool to see if your bug was submitted already.

I see, thanks. I'm sure if it was/is a bug I'm not the only one that knows about it.