PDA

View Full Version : [NOVA] Login Problems TODAY! ALL DAY! TODAY!

Dame
05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Some people may experience difficulties logging in today due to an error with the mySQL database losing connection to the server. The error message you will probably receive should be...

"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password, or this account is already in use."

Please bare with us as we strive to correct these issues. There is currently no ETA as to when it will be available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

------
Update:
This issue may be back with a vengeance!

Also the server is deadlocked - which means it appears online, but is actually online. Nasty I know. Wait it out - everything will be A-OKAY!

SWGEmu Staff

djolovicl
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed ;)

I know you are all doing your best and that it will be fixed soon.

SammoHalon
05-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed ;)

I know you are all doing your best and that it will be fixed soon.

i agree

Romko
05-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I was about to post this problem,tnx for info.

EVILJUDE
05-03-2009, 03:03 PM
anytime this kind of thing happens, scares the piss outta me. server down, website down. don't know if it's been hacked or what. thanks for the info, dame.

Yosagy
05-03-2009, 04:16 PM
if you get a log in error with misypeld ,try logging on with no name or password it will say incorect password .then log on with you password not sure why but it worked for me and if it dosent work it wont hurt to try.

inyri
05-03-2009, 04:30 PM
if you get a log in error with misypeld ,try logging on with no name or password it will say incorect password .then log on with you password not sure why but it worked for me and if it dosent work it wont hurt to try.If the server can't find the mySQL database it means the server has no access to the account information. Doing what you said will not change that. The server can't know your login information if it can't find the mySQL database and so will think it's a bad login until it can find it.

dedaskalion
05-03-2009, 04:37 PM
If the server can't find the mySQL database it means the server has no access to the account information. Doing what you said will not change that. The server can't know your login information if it can't find the mySQL database and so will think it's a bad login until it can find it.

At least he's posting a way that hepled him and not just shooting suggestions down.

Ramsey
05-03-2009, 04:55 PM
TA has restarted the login server. This issue should no longer persist unless there are more problems at the Chicago datacenter.

Thank you for your patience

djolovicl
05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
TA has restarted the login server. This issue should no longer persist unless there are more problems at the Chicago datacenter.

Thank you for your patience

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/04/We-Cheer-Logo-FINAL.jpg

Toneoone
05-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I seem to still have the same problem... is there a new update?

Ok ... it seems that my cap lock was on... i turned it off and entered my info and it was a nogo.
I restarted the launch pad with caplocks already off and bam... no more issues! (just in case it helps anyone else)

I luv u guys!

Lubbe
05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Great

djolovicl
05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
illegal post deleted

You made an account just for that???

Pathetic >_<

Rappletek
05-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey i only loaded up yesterday and logged in for the first time yesterday,
but um i seem to be getting this issue today..

Edit: SCRATCH THAT I'M JUST SEEMINGLY RETARDED TODAY

SammoHalon
05-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Yup everything is now A-OK

Darlek
05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Im new starting today

I can't seem to log in to the server

niteshade8866
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I've been trying to log in since 2PM CST, but while it shows the server up here, launchpad show's it down. When I put in my information, the status bar just scrolls, but never gets anywhere.

Sorry to bother yall, and I hope this helps.

Riodaki the dialup Lizard

Darlek
05-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Im a noob server is down from what I see

heatherworks
I just logged off of the server, been afk on there for quite a while, the server itself is up and running however there were only 3 or 4 people besides myself who were logged on. Seems to be a login problem going on, give the guys time to fix it.

-Flan Declari

Faceoff
I have been trying to log in for hours, no joy

niteshade8866
05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Just got in. Awesome work as usual guys.

Riodaki
The dialup Lizzard

SammoHalon
05-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Unfortunately the server is down at the moment, most likely for updates :)
You can check when the server is up on the Launchpad or at the top of the website

At the moment both the Launchpad and website are saying that the server is down, however i have managed to log on
The problem is with the server information, not the actual test server
Hope this helps you :p

darkdawn1
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I finally got my CDs yesterday but we've been down a few days. Hopefully the updates are going well. I'm just grateful for the work to bring us the game as it was meant to be.

DharmaBum
05-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Is the same thing happening at the moment or am I having errors on my side? I have been trying to log in but it just sits there on the connecting to server screen. I just started again today.

djolovicl
05-10-2009, 12:46 PM
The server is currently down.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5096/captureh.jpg

PLEASE refrain your self from posting questions about server status...

Mercedes
05-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Yup, the server is down (5/10/09). Anyone have any idea when this will be back up??

djolovicl
05-10-2009, 06:35 PM
No one can tell you that.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9629/capturekch.png

Didn't i make my self clear?

Alajia
05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
keep up the good work guys. look forward to seeing the server up whenever yall can have it up

EVILJUDE
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
iam seeing a lot of itc tickets, so maybe thier doing a lot of bug mashing, so this could be the reason for the down time.....

Ramsey
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
iam seeing a lot of itc tickets, so maybe thier doing a lot of bug mashing, so this could be the reason for the down time.....

qft

Mercedes
05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Looks like its back up, the website is saying it is online again, I will go test it.

azaezel
05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Nope... website is liez. S'okay tho :-D Hope everyone is having fun with like... real life and stuff!

inyri
05-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Chillax, folks, and try to keep this thread related to legitimate login issues as opposed to not being able to login because the server is down. The status does not always report correctly -- we don't need to reiterate that. :)

azaezel
05-11-2009, 04:48 AM
I think everyone was pretty chill... there was just some confusion as to whether people were having personal login issues, or whether the server was having issues, due to the fact that this thread popped up right around the time the server went down.

Not a big deal...

Milian
05-16-2009, 01:26 PM
"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password, or this account is already in use."

Im new, it's exaclty the message that the game showes to me.

More or less 10 minutes ago.

Rashen3695
05-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I've been having this problem too. But today was the first day it was happening because last time i got on was like Wednesday or something like that but anyways i was able to log in just fine now its just saying "Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password, or this account is already in use."

But i will be patient because the emulator is awesome

Volkira
05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm having this problem now too but its the evening of the 16th of May.

Ebe Zander
05-16-2009, 02:26 PM
It looks like this problem is back, I can't log in as well.

Urrakat
05-16-2009, 02:43 PM

I am having the same problem as well... 2:45pm CT

djolovicl
05-16-2009, 02:47 PM
We had this problem before, everyone is affected by it, it is a problem with a log on server. Your accounts are not in use, its a bug. You don't need to post about it anymore.

You just need to be patient.

Gindo1
05-16-2009, 04:45 PM
We had this problem before, everyone is affected by it, it is a problem with a log on server. Your accounts are not in use, its a bug. You don't need to post about it anymore.

You just need to be patient.

Calm down, a big part of these forums are bug reports and that's what people are doing so don't be so high maintenance bro ;)

inyri
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
It's actually not really a bug either, it's just downtime. The forum rules clearly prohibit threads about server status so users have good reason to be miffed, although expressing it the way they do often doesn't help. In cases such as these when it's not clear to new users that the issue is actually caused by the server being down (ie deadlocks and login server issues) we're a little bit more patient.

djolovicl
05-16-2009, 04:50 PM
EDIT: Thank you Inyri.

No need for my post now ;)

EvilMadcat
05-16-2009, 05:35 PM
i have the same problem :"Bad Password: Either you have mistyped your password, or this account is already in use."

hope there fix the problem........

mibbit
05-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I had not experienced this problem until today. May 16th. I am having the same problem as Rashen.

AZIronman
05-16-2009, 05:52 PM
its not resolved, i just got it 3 seconds ago.

djolovicl
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
its not resolved, i just got it 3 seconds ago.

Not you to!!! :eek:

mibbit
05-16-2009, 06:14 PM
No, its still stopping me from logging in. I dont think I am doing anything wrong....

airfrc558
05-16-2009, 06:17 PM
As was said before, your not doing anything wrong, the server is deadlocked. Ignore that it says on the first post of this that the issue was resolved, that isn't about today.

djolovicl
05-16-2009, 06:17 PM
No, its still stopping me from logging in. I dont think I am doing anything wrong....

Ys y r, y md ths pst, ddn't y?

Elaeo
05-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I am having this issue aswell. ARG!

azaezel
05-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes you are, you made this post, didn't you?

If you can't post something constructive, don't post at all. I understand your frustration with multiple posts about this, but the forums are here for people to communicate with. When it's an issue like this, as a CSR said, they're a little more patient with people. If the CSR's are patient with people in this sort of situation, where there's no real information about whether the server is having trouble, or the people in question are having trouble, you should be too.

Not everyone reads every post made on every thread, particularly when they're just looking for quick answers, so they're going to skip over places where the question HAS been answered from time to time.

Honestly, an announcement section that was updated when something IS wrong with the server, so people could stop banging their heads on the wall would go a long way to alleviate the problem, and make your somewhat snide posts a little bit more warranted.

I know you're trying to help, but you come off the wrong way, and with new players, this is just going to drive them away... especially when they're just looking for answers. ;)

inyri
05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Honestly, an announcement section that was updated when something IS wrong with the server, so people could stop banging their heads on the wall would go a long way to alleviate the problem, and make your somewhat snide posts a little bit more warranted.You're actually posting in it, in addition to posting in the very thread that explains what the problem is and that it's related to downtime.

azaezel
05-16-2009, 09:23 PM
You're actually posting in it, in addition to posting in the very thread that explains what the problem is and that it's related to downtime.

Actually this is a thread from a while back, but with it's title, it's a natural place to look for someone who's not terribly familiar with the forums. Particularly when it's describing the same issue. So... people are posting in it... and other posters are acting like they're idiots for doing so.

There is no official post about today's downtime that I can see... so naturally, due to the title, new folks are going to look here for answers, and skip around to see what they can find out. Since the first post is from 5/3, people will likely skip to the end of the thread for information, and instead they're getting railed at by someone for posting in the thread, stating that simply that they're having the same issue, so that it's not a localized issue. As you said, CSR's are being patient with these folks, but when you've got community members coming off as they have in this thread, you drive away those new players from what is an important tool... the forums...

As a CSR, if you want to solve the problem, or help solve it, perhaps an 'unoffical/official' update on the first page about TODAY's issue is in order, as well as a request to refrain from further posting on the matter. If people continue to post about it, they get what they deserve... Just a thought.

djolovicl
05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Its popcorn time :D

http://ak.webfetti.com/assets/3dani/1/420.gif

Max
05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Actually this is a thread from a while back, but with it's title, it's a natural place to look for someone who's not terribly familiar with the forums. Particularly when it's describing the same issue. So... people are posting in it... and other posters are acting like they're idiots for doing so.

There is no official post about today's downtime that I can see... so naturally, due to the title, new folks are going to look here for answers, and skip around to see what they can find out. Since the first post is from 5/3, people will likely skip to the end of the thread for information, and instead they're getting railed at by someone for posting in the thread, stating that simply that they're having the same issue, so that it's not a localized issue. As you said, CSR's are being patient with these folks, but when you've got community members coming off as they have in this thread, you drive away those new players from what is an important tool... the forums...

As a CSR, if you want to solve the problem, or help solve it, perhaps an 'unoffical/official' update on the first page about TODAY's issue is in order, as well as a request to refrain from further posting on the matter. If people continue to post about it, they get what they deserve... Just a thought.
[UPDATE] Overhauled thread title to reflect relevance to today

EVILJUDE
05-16-2009, 09:31 PM

LAWL...good stuff.

djolovicl
05-16-2009, 09:35 PM
I seem to be having this problem, any ideas on whats going on?

Ttl bsnc of rdng sklls myb?

Magishadow
05-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I have absolutely no resentment towards those who posted, but I think that perhaps, in the future, if the players of the test server want to address their issues, it would be wise to read through the whole topics. That doesn't require them to read every new topic on the forum, but it's like reading a book over an issue of yours rather than reading the synopsis.

And in the case that people complain about time issues, you've got time to spend playing an emulator project in production, right? You should also have time to spend learning the issues of said server. After all, the devs need y'all's input to keep progressing as they've been doing. Keeping the input orderly and knowing what you can about the issues goes a long way to help them know what they need to work on.

Once again, I'm not railing on anyone, I just presented an opinion that can be taken as people wish. Disregard my opinion if y'all feel you don't want it.

azaezel
05-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Awesome, thx! :)

ShadowLegion
05-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Ill Check back in the morning to see if its up

Wint3rz
05-17-2009, 02:57 AM
down all day :(

djolovicl
05-17-2009, 03:48 AM

Damn, I guess I was really tired last night. :(

Wint3rz
05-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Its a worpfest lol

Sup they using multiple debuggers or something?

djolovicl
05-17-2009, 08:43 AM

Now that i look at them they do make more sense than most of the other posts in this thread. :?

Ultragunner
05-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I am able to login in but when i select my toon it just sits there at loading wth going on ?

EdiT:nvm

ozman
05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Mine lets me log in but will not load the game, my avatar just sits there in the background trying to connect to the server :(

KylesGap
05-17-2009, 03:50 PM
As with mine, I have seen this many times before so I am sure the devs will fix it.

xAlexsisx
05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I cant gain connection, i log in normal, wait for about 5 mins, it logs in, but takes FOREVER loading..never had this prob before, ill try seeing if all the files are there. Lets try and stab this problem.:lightsaber:

Ghhost974
05-18-2009, 09:33 PM
eh i am havin the same issues and now my chracters have the "scene background" for a face now also i had this same problem on the SOE Servers also so im used to it lol i can deal with the "background face" but would love to know the ETA

Destruction
05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
right now its just offline

Magishadow
05-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I got on this morning with no problem at all. About to try again. They're well into the progress of fixing it I think if they haven't finished already.

Ekaika
05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
As most of you already know, the most recent crash is usually fixed, and the server rebooted, when Oru or TheAnswer (in Europe) get online. This happens very late US time.

Brane Ded
05-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Update:

Also the server is deadlocked - which means it appears online, but is actually online. Nasty I know. Wait it out - everything will be A-OKAY!

SWGEmu Staff

...but is actually offline... Typo?

And dang that blue is hard on the eyes.

Daphnie
05-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Im stuck on Connecting to Galaxey. I can't create a character or do anything. :(

Ekaika
05-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Guys. Seriously. The server is down.

To confirm status get in IRC and /j #test

dedaskalion
05-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Im stuck on Connecting to Galaxey. I can't create a character or do anything. :(

Server is down.

Gouldi
05-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately this problem still exists

mead
05-20-2009, 07:54 AM
yea I tried it 6:30AM CST and it would not login.

EVILJUDE
05-20-2009, 09:35 AM
if you cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later,...got the point?

Vlock
05-20-2009, 10:22 AM
if you cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later, if you still cannot login, go do something else and try again later,...got the point?

this is the right answer

yume133
05-20-2009, 10:30 AM
still offline?

Valkyra
05-20-2009, 10:35 AM
still offline?

join IRC then type /j #test

Then read

DraconLord87
05-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Ok i am slightly confused. the IRC says the server is online, but i am still unable to login. Is it just login server problems or what?

djolovicl
05-20-2009, 11:16 AM
No I'm pretty sure its ON LINE i just logged in.

I really did. Here is a screen-shoot from that joyous occasion.

I did it just to check the claims of the previous poster.

Joshino
05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
No I'm pretty sure its ON LINE i just logged in.

Why did I believe you -.0

hdnine
05-20-2009, 12:11 PM
At this time i cannot login, even though the servers says it's online. I managed to log on about 20 minutes ago, then after a while i got a "connection lost" notice and that's it?!?

Sikison
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I have to say... You all rock! Take your time and we all will back you up!
For in the end what was once lost is now found.

EVILJUDE
05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Ok i am slightly confused. the IRC says the server is online, but i am still unable to login. Is it just login server problems or what?

At this time i cannot login, even though the servers says it's online. I managed to log on about 20 minutes ago, then after a while i got a "connection lost" notice and that's it?!?

need i say more???? this would be the QFE of all QFE's.

Joshino
05-20-2009, 12:23 PM
i think people should stop QQ'ing and get pew pew's doing something else ... like gardening odly shaped bushes.

Spawn
05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
i think people should stop QQ'ing and get pew pew's doing something else ... like gardening odly shaped bushes.

dont mock my hobbies...

Raxxus
05-20-2009, 01:23 PM
It means that i must wait to connect :(

EVILJUDE
05-20-2009, 01:26 PM
By george and jinkies. I do believe think someone has got it. It's a bloody fu*king miracle.

Oombaggi
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
zomfg! Is the server up yet? I tried throwing my computer against the wall and screamed at it for some time....... but it still doesn't work!!!!1one1!

inyri
05-20-2009, 04:21 PM
The server status is available in many places. Please respect the rules of this forum and refrain from asking. Instead, use one of the many available alternatives, such as joining the #test channel on our IRC server.

Oombaggi
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
/sarcasm

Valithor
05-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Is it just me or has the server been working all day except for 3:00 pm - 9:20 pm every freaking day for the last 2 weeks?

Derokah
05-20-2009, 06:16 PM
/sarcasm

kaelvin
05-21-2009, 06:37 AM
its off and on all day long trust me i've watched it, its a TC not your own personal toy to just access whenever you want, thats the devs job.

yume133
05-21-2009, 08:13 AM
the annoying thing is that i was never able to login and im trying for the past 4 days

kaelvin
05-21-2009, 08:16 AM
dude, we all know how you feel, i try to log in ALL the time, from home, work, most of the time the server is down, occasionally you are treated with something you should be paying money for... hmmm sounds like a deal i'll wait it out like the rest of the people who wait and wait and dont say a thing because they know, they know that if they say one word its on, its a war against trolls and lurkers alike.

Lunitari
05-21-2009, 08:24 AM

I'm new, what can i do about this problem ? I typed the id and password which i use in forums, i did it right, right ?

kaelvin
05-21-2009, 08:25 AM
correct, its a server problem, wait for the status to say online before trying to login.

Destruction
05-21-2009, 09:57 AM
dont believe the server status thing on the side when browsing the forums, it always says online. Either use the link in my sig or the status thing in inyri's sig.

kaelvin
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
i know its so hard to trust, just use irc or the LPE. its mostly just the forum home page and the option page for forum or IRC page.

EVILJUDE
05-21-2009, 01:26 PM

I'm new, what can i do about this problem ? I typed the id and password which i use in forums, i did it right, right ?

and we get this....again......

kaelvin
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
jus shoot meh now =/

inyri
05-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Guys, this is a community service announcement, not a whinefest. Please be patient and wait for the server to be available.

airfrc558
05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Or just click on the server status off to the left, it shows correctly on the homepage and on the actual server status page.

sellison08
05-22-2009, 02:27 AM
and we get this....again......

yea i'm getting the same reply about the bad password thing. i've never logged in either and server is up. must be my computer or something i dunno :|

Iha
05-22-2009, 02:28 AM
http://www.swgemu.com/status/ shows the server status to be up, but I am getting the bad password error. Is that link not always accurate in indicating when the server is up? Or, is the bad password error simply a bug that applies to *some* accounts. I *have* read the entire thread.

btw, I love that you guys are doing this and am trying to log on to help in any way that I can with your project.

Ekaika
05-22-2009, 03:19 AM
Server is still up and down as the nasty crashed are being logged and worked on.

In the meantime, we're still seeing the database problem affecting passwords on your accounts. There's nothing we can do but wait for it to get sorted out. Hang in there.

factor5
05-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Same here, the website, my gadget and LPE are showing the server to be up. I even checked back with the guys in IRC to be sure the server isnt locked or anything.

Whenever I try to connect it gives me the Bad Password error. I am 100% sure I typed it right, no capitalization mistake or the likes. I tried to mistype both password and username intentially which results in a different error. I even tried to login leaving the account name/pw fields blank and do it right afterwards which didnt help either.

This is the first time I try to login to Nova but Ive been using this username/pw before Core3. Since other players manage to login I think it may be an issue with this account. Any help, ideas or input is greatly appreciated, feel free to PM me =)

Ekaika
05-22-2009, 03:22 AM
It's not just you. Again, it's a DB problem.

factor5
05-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Hehe thanks for the update, back to coffee and waiting then =)

Mosep
05-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Im having a different problem the loading screen says the server is online but i get stuck on the loading screen, seem as though it isnt connecting as if the server is online. Anyone experiencing the something? Any ideas how to solve it?

djolovicl
05-22-2009, 04:55 AM
If it says that server is ON LINE but you still cant connect server must be DEADLOCKED, it means its ON LINE just not accessible.

Be patient.

Mosep
05-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Great thanks for that.

SammoHalon
05-22-2009, 05:39 AM
If it says that server is ON LINE but you still cant connect server must be DEADLOCKED, it means its ON LINE just not accessible.

Be patient.

ok thanks :)
thought it was just my computer playing up...

djolovicl
05-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Great thanks for that.

ok thanks :)
thought it was just my computer playing up...

It can be scary some times.

First thing that comes to mind really is that is something wrong with your SWG or LPE installation, your internet connection or your computer.

Everything telling you you should be able to connect, when in fact you cant.

DEADLOCK can seriously mess things up.

Nuunius
05-22-2009, 07:38 AM
same problem, cannot login to server.

Mosep
05-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Another problem im having, which i dont understand hope someone can help me with. When i try to launch the launchpad i get a window saying '(null) is not a valid win32 application' with just an OK optin so i cant lauch the launch pad. Any ideas what it is?

I have tried reinstalling.

Any help appreciated.

djolovicl
05-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Another problem im having, which i dont understand hope someone can help me with. When i try to launch the launchpad i get a window saying '(null) is not a valid win32 application' with just an OK optin so i cant lauch the launch pad. Any ideas what it is?

I have tried reinstalling.

Any help appreciated.

IRC SWGEMUsupport channel, if you need help ;)

redskull1944
05-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to get logged in and be the newb.

djolovicl
05-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to get logged in and be the newb.

Welcome to SWGEmu

EvilGenius187
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Yup, can't login... I can't wait to play this again. Damn!
Man, the NGE just did it for me, what a FAIL. I hated to see all those Jedi's right away. It was like a casual gamers MMORPG...
I'm pretty much an oldskool SWG player. I still can remember the first time I played it.

I just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job, I can't believe this is even possible. How did you guys do it? Take the OG files of the discs? I have no idea but, thanks y'all.
1 question though? Can I install the game on my cousins laptop so we can play it together or does he have to buy a brand new one?

Raxxus
05-22-2009, 11:19 AM
What is server status?
I need play, I am a SWG junkie :P
I hope that SQL Database server to be ready soon

laidbackviebs
05-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I get to the actual loading screen after choosing my character and it just gets stuck there =/

Oombaggi
05-22-2009, 12:51 PM
it switches up for me, one time ill get the little box at the char select, then ill get to the loading screen - both just say waiting to connect

laidbackviebs
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
thats exaccctly what mines doing. Ne ideas?

Sayulita
05-22-2009, 01:10 PM
For all those who have recently posted that they cannot connect ... it seems that the server is most likely deadlocked ... so you cannot log on, no one can ... server status reads Online, and if you go to this link (http://www.swgemu.com/?module=Status&action=Show), which is at the bottom of the SWGEmu website navigation bar to the left, you can see ... 4 players, server online, but YOU cannot log in = deadlock ...

Also, lots of great information in this thread ... good to read all the posts in thread before posting.

Syax
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
OMG I CAN'T LOGIN!!! I'm gonna go outside and melt!!!

Oombaggi
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
whats causing the deadlock tho, is it purposely done by the devs or is it a problem that needs to be fixed by them?

FoKuS
05-22-2009, 01:49 PM
How long have we had this problem?

I just installed SWGEmu again yesteday due the StarWars Fever i got again and SUPRICE i cant play lol

Well thank god i got other games to play while waiting.

inyri
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Just as a reminder, TC Nova is a test server.

Joshino
05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I think I am going to go outside and shoot myself. I cannot stand these people and thier insistant necesity to not search, not read, and post the same ****ing thing over and over again.

why can i nort log teh serva?
mjn

Zante
05-22-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm new to both this project and the community. What confuses me the most, thus far, is the sheer emotional investment people like EvilJude place in belittling other users.

Some of us are adults with jobs and know how to treat others with respect. Seeing a small, vocal minority, parading around as though it's their god given mission to cause grief for others is laughable and sad. It is counter productive to everything this game stands for.

This isn't a new phenomenon, when repetition occurs, patience begins to wear thin. That being the case, why don't you self righteous forum spammers leave your attitude at the door before clicking 'reply' in the future.

Trolls are far worst than anything else. Their hostility scares new people away and you lose out on the opportunity of having intelligent people participate in constructive discussion. They're like some form of cancer.

Valkyra
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Right, I think this thread has outlasted it's value...

sounds_of_science
05-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I wonder if creating a new account altogether will help because I've been trying to get on since 7am (it's now 3:15pm).

inyri
05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
It will not.

Toebone
05-22-2009, 03:19 PM
The server is DEADLOCKED so nobody can log in until it is cleared.
Just wish a Dev could say what is being done to clear it.

Subject closed

EVILJUDE
05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I wonder if creating a new account altogether will help because I've been trying to get on since 7am (it's now 3:15pm).

No, it won't and creating multiple accounts is against the rules and can lead up to banning, if it is not already in itself a banable offense (meaning if it happens, you are banned, no if's, and's, but's, questions, warnings, etc)

tadeus28
05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed

Ekaika
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
The server is DEADLOCKED so nobody can log in until it is cleared.
Just wish a Dev could say what is being done to clear it.

Subject closed

Looking for the bug.

PhantomLeader
05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Old thread has outlived its usefulness.

IF YOU CANNOT CONNECT, SERVER IS DOWN.
IF YOU CAN CONNECT, SERVER IS UP.

There you go. All your problems are solved. No more bugging mods/devs/admins all day about whether it's up or not.