PDA

View Full Version : Resources on Nova...

webbwbb
06-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Now work again. I look forward to seeing you testing them again :)

AlphaDawg
06-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Awesome!! Thankx!

djolovicl
06-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Lovely.

WWhermit
06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
You made my day. I might have to go home from work early!!

Sad to get this excited over non-existing items, isn't it?

WWhermit

Destruction
06-23-2009, 05:01 PM
/awesome thanks

Wen Talross
06-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Awesome! Like staring at a blank surveyor and scratching your head wishing something, anything would popup doesn't get you far does it ;) So its very cool, I will indeed be harvesting resources after my French exam tomorrow morning :D Perhaps making a few bofa treats and stuff.

Valkyra
06-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice work webwbb, kyle and the gang with this! Please test it out if you can testers!

KroniK
06-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Sweet. This makes me and I'm sure my friend Byo very happy, I must go tell him now. Does this mean wind is working as well, I know that last time I tried anyways it wasn't working.

Varanis Black
06-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Be cautious with resources!
Creature resources can be stacked and change the stats I am not sure if it is the same with other resources so crafters use caution not to ruin your good resources.

RTF671
06-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Also, any experimentation will result in critical failures, so avoid that too.

Otherwise, resources are working great :)

Destruction
06-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Also, any experimentation will result in critical failures, so avoid that too.

Otherwise, resources are working great :)

yah my lowest tool is like -37 :) im so proud of it
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/534/3717.jpg

Tanni
06-24-2009, 01:37 PM
I surveyed today but only the names showed up...not the type of resource..is this as should be? sampling worked fine btw

Lobreeze
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Has anyone's Survey Tools displayed the Resource Type in a strange language? Either a strange language or utter gibberish. I can post a Screen Shot once home from work.

/breeze

xavia
06-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I surveyed today but only the names showed up...not the type of resource..is this as should be? sampling worked fine btw
The types of resources/categories are not correct at the moment.

Has anyone's Survey Tools displayed the Resource Type in a strange language? Either a strange language or utter gibberish. I can post a Screen Shot once home from work.
Please submit a report, including your screenshot, to the BugTracker (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs). Note you will need to register for a separate account since it is not tied to the forums. Thanks!

eddy696969
06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Is placing a windenergy harvester possible, I keep getting, : " can not build here"!

xavia
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
TC is still running an older revision before harvesters, therefore you cannot expect them to be handled properly.

eddy696969
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Tnx :)

archon210
06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I haven't harvested or crafted since pre cu. I didn't know too much about it back then, but I knew a little bit. So I am trying to get back into it and understand them more. I've tried looking for guides, but cant seem to find one that isn't confusing.
If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

djolovicl
06-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I haven't harvested or crafted since pre cu. I didn't know too much about it back then, but I knew a little bit. So I am trying to get back into it and understand them more. I've tried looking for guides, but cant seem to find one that isn't confusing.
If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try to find something in this section: Artisan (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

GratefulDead
06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
so xavia I imagine you are saying harvesters just dont work right now? just surveying and sampling? the wind generators are places just won't run?

eddy696969
06-25-2009, 01:19 PM
so xavia I imagine you are saying harvesters just dont work right now? just surveying and sampling? the wind generators are places just won't run?

That is what she said yes, do you have an other opinion?

Rodd
06-25-2009, 01:28 PM
yay, I hope to log in tonight!

xavia
06-25-2009, 04:10 PM

According to the current TC revision harvesters do not exist, therefore how can you expect them to be functioning? Harvesters probably won't be back until after the object restructure. In the meantime, you can only survey and sample using the survey tools.

archon210
06-25-2009, 04:21 PM
According to the current TC revision harvesters do not exist, therefore how can you expect them to be functioning? Harvesters probably won't be back until after the object restructure. In the meantime, you can only survey and sample using the survey tools.

Harvesters exist, I have purchases them on the bazaar and I have crafted them.
Even though I do not know exactly how they are supposed to act right now, I do not think they are working properly.

Basically my problem I am having is that I need power to power my miners, so I set up some wind harvesters in an area with sufficient wind. But they do not seem to be collecting wind. All my harvesters have credits for maintenance but I do not seem to be able to power them.

Like I said, I do not know exactly how they are supposed to act, wish I did, then I would know what is bugged and what isn't =(

GratefulDead
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes , like archon states they do exist and as well, I have created and placed them.

xavia
06-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Let me rephrase, according to the current TC code (SVN revision 1467) harvesters do not exist, therefore there is no way they can be handled correctly and it is pointless to place them.

Unfortunately, due to the untimely implementation of cRush's structure revamp, which included harvesters, the new installations had to be completely removed from the current TC:Nova as well. The old, buggy, installations may still be accessible, but users should be cautioned that they are not at all dependable. Use them at your own risk! Like Creature Handler, the new installations will be rolled out with the Object Restructure. Please be patient crafters!

webbwbb
06-25-2009, 04:47 PM
If you want to attempt to use the harvestors that are partially implemented, you may be able to power them with other resources.

archon210
06-25-2009, 10:28 PM
If you want to attempt to use the harvestors that are partially implemented, you may be able to power them with other resources.

In my attempts, I was unable to. But I may be doing it wrong.

Aukora
06-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I was also unable to power them using any resource, be it ore, steel, iron, or alum. I would suppose that this means they exist, but do not function, so as it has been stated, pointless to place unless you like making a farm of scrap metal. The harvies also do not eat the credits, which means they are definately bugged out. I remember my harvies eating credits, even if I didn't have them running (which was stupid, I realize this, but I was out of power and away on vacation at the time, trust me, I was upset at my failure to check before I left)

GratefulDead
06-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Yes yes, one of my mineral extractors just ate some units of radioactive(which was allowed to be used as fuel I hope this is the intended function?)

Credits go in fine, it took the power reserves, yet says there is none, and when you click turn harvester on it says no resourse collected.

Back to sampling; it's better then having nuthin last week;thanks!

Lobreeze
06-26-2009, 09:11 AM
When I'm using my mineral survery tool, I'm getting what I think are strange names. If I select "Ziymequadite" and survey for it, Im actually locating "Phrik Aluminum". I reported a bug but was told it was just simply the name of the resource. Should the name of the resource I'm surveying for be Aluminum, not Ziymequadite? Some clarification on this would be great as I didn't do much surveying back in the day, I just wanted to help test things out.

corbaer
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Usually survey tools show a "tree" that lists the category, classification and type of resource... then you survey for the current named spawn. Right now all that is listed is the names.

There is a bug, but it's not what you think. The names are correct... The bug has been documented and confirmed... and will hopefully be fixed before the Object Restructure is complete - however that may be a bug that is not fixed until the OR is complete.

For instance.

Quadeq is a named spawn of steel. It's specifically a Duralloy Steel. Right now Quadeq is found on Dantooine, Dathomir, Endor, Lok, Naboo, Rori and Yavin. It will spawn on all or some of these for a few days or weeks, until it's spawn runs out. A new named spawn of Duralloy Steel will replace it at some point, with a different name, different stats and possibly different planets. It's possible that another Duralloy Steel will appear before Quadeq runs out, or it may be weeks before a new Duralloy steel appears in the galaxy.

EDIT: TBH I'd love a button in the survey tool that allows me to view the resources like this. No tree and listed alphabetically is wildly efficient for miners. This would make a great feature to add to the game.

Lobreeze
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks Corbaer! I was a little perplexed to say the least.

Keep up the great work guys! You are all doing an amazing job!

Kellorkleft
06-27-2009, 12:10 PM
My fleshy, non robotic hands tremble with anticipation. Your feeble coding skills have done well.

RedheartTempest
06-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I just tried to survey yesterday and the survey device listed.......nothing. both sides were blank. Bug.

corbaer
06-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Something happened to the resource spawns when the server reset. The team is (or will be) looking into it.

webbwbb
06-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Something happened to the resource spawns when the server reset. The team is (or will be) looking into it.

This

ben solo
06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes, I did the same today, I know you are working on the issue. but again, the all tools do not list the resources at all.

ashley66444
06-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Just so you know... right now, even with old resources... crafting isn't EXACTLY working... none of the crafted items take into account the stats on whatever resources you use... so you get the bare minimum item you can make, no experimentation (not that it works right now anyway i.e.- critical failure, critical failure, criti... yeah you get the point)... so you can craft a bone armor helmet... but you get 6 percent resist to electricity... WATCH OUT Bounty Hunters! hehe.

djolovicl
06-30-2009, 04:10 AM
Just so you know... right now, even with old resources... crafting isn't EXACTLY working... none of the crafted items take into account the stats on whatever resources you use... so you get the bare minimum item you can make, no experimentation (not that it works right now anyway i.e.- critical failure, critical failure, criti... yeah you get the point)... so you can craft a bone armor helmet... but you get 6 percent resist to electricity... WATCH OUT Bounty Hunters! hehe.

Actually it is working, but you cant do any of the things you listed because of this...

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6010/screenshot0010p.jpg

Effectiveness of the tool you get form a blue frog is -15, every tool you make with it has negative effectiveness to, because of it you cant experiment, and the items you craft end up with crappy stats. Fix the general crafting tool effectiveness, you fix all the current crafting problems.

ashley66444
06-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Actually it is working, but you cant do any of the things you listed because of this...

Effectiveness of the tool you get form a blue frog is -15, every tool you make with it has negative effectiveness to, because of it you cant experiment, and the items you craft end up with crappy stats. Fix the general crafting tool effectiveness, you fix all the current crafting problems.

Well, I was using a 5.xx effective crafting tool i made before experimenting got bonked and every resource i put in didn't take into account the stats on it, so i don't think it's dealing with the effectiveness of the tools. :(

djolovicl
06-30-2009, 04:34 AM
I apologize i forgot that resources, while they spawned, had no stats, they were all the same, but i only had blue frogs general crafting tools so it made no difference, crafted items that i made would end up crappy either way.

So basically we have two problems them resources stats, and crafting tools negative stats.

ashley66444
06-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Yup... well at least a temporary fix would be to get the crafting tools to at least recognize the resource stats again (well, and get resources back on the survey scans... this may be the whole problem with resources to begin with, being that the resources no longer exist, the crafting tools can't load their statistics from the database) and if the crafting tools at least recognized the stats AND we could get a crafting tool above 0.00, then we could use that crafting tool to craft better one... etc...

Lobreeze
07-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Surveying seems to be working correctly now, as does harvesting from animals.

djolovicl
07-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Surveying seems to be working correctly now, as does harvesting from animals.

WOOT!

Thanks for the update.

Lobreeze
07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Is there any way to attain power at this point in time?

corbaer
07-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Since the harvester code is still not in (and won't return until after the OR iirc), why do you need it?

Lobreeze
07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm just going through trying everything I can. I can make personal mineral extractors so I was going to see if anything happened once I stuck power and credits in it.

corbaer
07-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Well to my knowledge, while those can be crafted, they do not correctly work. The code was completed, but was removed when the CH code was causing stability problems - this was untimely because the OR was underway... and the code to make extractors/harvesters will remain unimplemented until that project is complete.

voltrox
07-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Harvesters are working on TC now, I just made and dropped one. You just need to manually sample radioactive in order to power it.

Valkyra
07-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Harvesters are working on TC now, I just made and dropped one. You just need to manually sample radioactive in order to power it.

Nice work voltrox! And wb to SWGEmu btw.

Lobreeze
07-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks Volrox, exactly the answer I was looking for. :cool:

TommyG
07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Indeed...harvesters are fine, you can even experiment on them! So drop a couple of mineral harvies on some radio & there ya go :)

voltrox
07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
The wind power generator I made didn't work, it let me do everything but "Operate Machinery" and then when I redeeded it, it went to BER 0.

Lobreeze
07-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I had the same issue, can't rebuild redeeded Wind harvester either.

corbaer
07-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Like I said. You can make/place them... but afaik they don't work correctly.

TommyG
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Like I said. You can make/place them... but afaik they don't work correctly.

Only wind harvies act that way...the rest seem to be operating fine. I don't redeed personal harvies normally, I just destroy them when their usefulness is served :)

corbaer
07-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Have you been able to pull resources from the hopper, or add power after getting any of these to operate?

My impression of what has changed since Ramsey's announcement is that they fixed a few things with resources/experimentation and the spawns... nothing about the working harvester code that was rolled-back when the CH code forced a rollback. Harvesters should not be "functional" as in useful - unless I've missed some announcement.

TommyG
07-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Have you been able to pull resources from the hopper, or add power after getting any of these to operate?

My impression of what has changed since Ramsey's announcement is that they fixed a few things with resources/experimentation and the spawns... nothing about the working harvester code that was rolled-back when the CH code forced a rollback. Harvesters should not be "functional" as in useful - unless I've missed some announcement.

Here is what I have done the past two days:

Ground out Artisan 4/4/2/3 manually.

Placed 9 harvester, pulling Radioactive (3), Iron (2), Steel, Aluminum, Low Grade Ore & Lubricating Oil.

I have been able to add radioactive power, which has been depreciating at the correct rate.

I have pulled the resources from the harvesters, and crafted with them.

Some oddities I have found: practice mode yields a factory crate of an item. The practice mode-made mineral survey devices I created did not actually work. Also, I crafted a survival knife, but it isn't reccognized when I try to fight one-handed. I crafted a CDEF pistol, and it worked fine.

corbaer
07-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Cool... looks like more was done for the reset than was announced.

Full Database Wipe

Saturday July 4
4:00 PDT (Los Angeles) | 5:00 MDT (Denver) | 6:00 CDT (Chicago) | 7:00 EDT (New York)

11:00 UTC | 12:00 BST (London) | 13:00 CEST (Berlin) | 15:00 MSD (Moscow) | 21:00 AEST (Sydney)

At 7am EST on 7/04/2009 a full wipe of TC:Nova was effected. The following areas were wiped:

* All characters
* All Inventories
* All bazaars/banks
* All datapads (includes vehicles/waypoints/etc)
* All dropped items and rogue creatures
* All resource spawns have been reset

We have just fixed a crash and have reduced rubber banding on the TC. Nothing major changed other than that.

Hope they continue to work for you guys.

"practice mode yields a factory crate of an item (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=1913)" - Is intended for testing.
But the related: "The practice mode-made mineral survey devices I created did not actually work"
... should probably be logged in bug tracker report, since the intended practice mode crates should be yielding working tools.

Lobreeze
07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
The personal extractors are sketchy at best. Mine ran overnight with no power but I was still able to pull resources from the hopper. I placed power in them, turned them on and then left to sample more radioactive. When I came back both were off with about half an hours worth of steel/alum.

I've turned them back on so I'll see how that goes, but they definitely aren't working right. They are at least pulling stuff out of the ground.

Wind generators 'operate machinery' radial button does nothing.

It was still cool just to get out there and craft my own stuff!

jc0r
07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Wind generators 'operate machinery' radial button does nothing.

Yeah i get the same problem. I had the same experience also with Mineral Extractors. Obviously i cant put in power and mine also ran for a limited time but pulled very little, 3 units to be precise

xavia
07-06-2009, 09:46 AM
"The practice mode-made mineral survey devices I created did not actually work"
... should probably be logged in bug tracker report, since the intended practice mode crates should be yielding working tools.

If you are experiencing this issue or have a similar case where any crated item does not work, please add a note to this report (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=1908) and avoid creating duplicates. Thanks

Xavious
07-11-2009, 02:23 AM
i've got lots of radioactive i'm putting on the baz at 10k stacks for 20k

if yall need more let me know my toons are

toejam
Xavious'
Iron' Man
Alum' Man
Resourcee

got lots of harv's going etc etc PLETNY of power for everyone just puttit on the bazaar when i'm i'm not logged on you all can get it.

So test away dont worry about power. "i got ya covered"

TommyG
07-11-2009, 10:59 AM

toejam
Xavious'
Iron' Man
Alum' Man
Resourcee

got lots of harv's going etc etc PLETNY of power for everyone just puttit on the bazaar when i'm i'm not logged on you all can get it.

Good man...thanks Xavious!

Asmodeus
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM

toejam
Xavious'
Iron' Man
Alum' Man
Resourcee

Yes thanks a bunch :)

strider23
07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Ya for power!