PDA

View Full Version : Current State of Affairs

Sperg
08-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Hello Emu!

We just wanted to take a second to thank all the active community members for doing such a great job testing and staying active while we are deeply involved in the Object Restructure.

However, during this time, we've encountered a few issues involving community members exploiting the current game system. This behavior will not be tolerated, and steps have been taken to ensure this will not happen again.

Because of this, the server will be scheduled for a complete wipe so that we can not only correct this, but prepare for some new and exciting updates that we have just around the corner, so please stay tuned.

Side note: We want to let the the players know that the SWGEmu Staff will NEVER give friends or general players any advantages over any other player, and if this ever happens the staffer in question will be dealt with accordingly. We are all working and striving for the same common goal, and we look forward to providing you the best experience you can possibly have!

Jacko
08-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Thank god theres a wipe finally, thanks a lot.

KeoZenik
08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Woohoo wipe, I can get my name back!

Vlada
08-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Thank you Sperg, and thr rest of the STAFF. Keep up the GREAT work.

kkthxby3
08-01-2009, 03:16 AM
When is the wipe taking place? I don't want to start my new character until afterwards.

Vlada
08-01-2009, 04:20 AM
When is the wipe taking place? I don't want to start my new character until afterwards.

Soon...

In the near future.

ANewHope
08-01-2009, 04:28 AM
Good to hear

Jacko
08-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Yeah, The more active the community is, the more help it gives for development.

cable-odinson
08-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Its awesome to get even a little feedback at this delicate stage. Thanks for the update and the head's up of whats to come!

ziggystardust
08-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Nice one. Perma ban the cheating morons, kick them off the game, let them go sploit in NGE instead, we dont want their kind here.

rwp389
08-01-2009, 07:36 AM
No more Jedis! Wooooot!

BigEvil
08-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Wipe = good

:)

And so begins the speculation of what "prepare for some new and exciting updates that we have just around the corner" exactly means. LOL.

MrSkippy
08-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Wipe = good

:)

And so begins the speculation of what "prepare for some new and exciting updates that we have just around the corner" exactly means. LOL.

It means the same thing it has always meant........ NOTHING!

stefman123
08-01-2009, 08:22 AM
of course it means something is coming whats with the attitude why you hear if you arnt going to support thr project

Chayn
08-01-2009, 08:32 AM

lol, there's always one...

Good to hear, yayyy, my harvesters 30 feet under ground will go away... :)

badboy09
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Thx for the info keep up the good work and we all look forward to trying the new content when it comes.

And regarding the staff giving weapons issue well we can finally put this one to bed and lets hope what has been talked about recently will never happen again.

Whoever started it i don't care
Whoever kept it running i don't care
Whoever ended it i don't care
Lets keep this topic closed from now on.

Craigybbz
08-01-2009, 09:16 AM
nice to hear about the wipe :), i thought the OR would only be a couple of weeks from completion now and looking forward to the updates :) great work guys.

Arsonist
08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Can't wait, ready for houses haha.

Exo_Icto
08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
/cheer

Very awesome. I love this project.

Iacou
08-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Great news, Sperg. Thank you.

Pastek
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you !

Sikison
08-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Good to hear favoritism will not be tolerated!

Kaldar
08-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Awesome work guys. Thanks for the update :)

Destruction
08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
so please stay tuned.

its like a televison show, only more made of win

stefman123
08-01-2009, 11:54 AM
cant wait for the wipe to get rid of all my trial alts i created while figuring stuff out hope it comes soon thanks guys and keep up the hard work

Lubbe
08-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Great news! :)

Tigerfang
08-01-2009, 01:12 PM
i can guarentee a fun update but im pretty sure housing isnt part of it - most of it will be combat based as that is what keeps people busy right now.

i will be pleased to see now show offs in theed soon

Destruction
08-01-2009, 01:20 PM
i hope its the OR

Tigerfang
08-01-2009, 01:34 PM
OR is still in progress but its been a while and it shouldnt be much longer. Most of the issues with the housing not being in yet are down to the OR and so once it completes. im guessing another month maybe, then we will start to see alot of the bigger issues being fixed.

Master Chief
08-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Good to hear favoritism will not be tolerated!

Agreed.

equinox23
08-01-2009, 02:28 PM
yay for a wipe =D

fixit6
08-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Excellent, soon please! So we can get back to playing since with wipe looming, you don't feel like doing anything at all. :)

Maternix
08-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for update

Rodd
08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Woot full wipe, time to refine my character creatin skills!

Pravie-Pride
08-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Cool can't wait for updates :D the only thing you can do intill then is search for the path to the jedi :lightsaber:

KeoZenik
08-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Woot full wipe, time to refine my character creatin skills!

Yeah! :D

Arleer157
08-01-2009, 06:55 PM
There an exact time on the wipe?

I'd like to know so I don't plan to go hunting later and end up getting disconnected and deleted 5 minutes into it. x.x

Tigerfang
08-01-2009, 07:15 PM
there is no specific time as it all depends on what staff are around and if the update is ready or not. I dont know if the update is ready yet

Max
08-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Stop ridiculing people for trying to give an answer for others. He gave an honest answer based on what he knew to someone who was looking for just that.

The man's right - It should be in the next few days, but exact times are fluid. There'll be a post in the Community Service forum regarding the outage just before it occurs.

Cheers

deltarevan
08-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Im new and so far this seems like a great community and the staff do an excellent job. Keep up tha good work. :D

Lubbe
08-01-2009, 09:03 PM
So that means the OR will be done in a few days?

dedaskalion
08-01-2009, 09:14 PM
So that means the OR will be done in a few days?

No, the wipe and update will be in a few days. Not the OR.

Jubba
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Can't wait, ready for houses haha.

Yep, me too! WooT. Thanks for the update!

kkthxby3
08-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Related but also sort of not: Are Launcher Pistols in the game? The LP was my favorite gun and it doesn't seem to be bundled in any of the weapon packages... Is that by mistake, intentional or is that gun just not in-game?

Also, will the skill/item "vendor" still be ingame after the wipe to aid testing? (If anyone knows) -- thx.

Thaddeus_Frump
08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Related but also sort of not: Are Launcher Pistols in the game? The LP was my favorite gun and it doesn't seem to be bundled in any of the weapon packages... Is that by mistake, intentional or is that gun just not in-game?

Also, will the skill/item "vendor" still be ingame after the wipe to aid testing? (If anyone knows) -- thx.

They are able to be crafted. Check the bazaar, chances are somebody will have a couple up for sale.

The devs are trying to move away from the blue frogs, although I can't say if the impending wipe will remove them or not. Chances are they probably aren't much longer for this world.

Destruction
08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
the blue frogs should still be in

bah you be me

Lubbe
08-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Spawns must be fixed i know about some spawns where it is NPC's that give you hell loads of xp but don't damage you at all and they respwn quickly. Not been able to report it because my bugreport account is screwed and I have been lazy.

Anyway we are not able to make stims or buffs yet. Which means it will be really difficult to survive out there.

AZIronman
08-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Is there a date set for the wipe? I don't want someone to jack my name while I'm out of town =(

dedaskalion
08-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Is there a date set for the wipe? I don't want someone to jack my name while I'm out of town =(

All your names are belong to me.

Jacko
08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I thought my name meant something....Does have Jack...xD.

thescroll
08-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Gah! It's a double-edged blade for me.

One the one hand, I had been grinding up a character for testing in artisan, scout, and unarmed combat. I just crafted a set of bone armor for a friend and now it'll be wiped. Curse the luck!

On the other hand, which an overwhelming goodness ways, all those glitching people and exploiters are finally getting their precious 'work' ripped out of their hands as well, and I am very thankful for this. I'd gladly give all I've done to see the same and worse happen to those trying to tarnish the project and work of the devs and community.

Overall, much good news indeed.

fixit6
08-02-2009, 01:36 AM
For while there, elite versions of weapons missing from the gungan was available ie regular VKs, elite scythes, etc. But seems they were taken out. Hopefulley they will come back otherwise have to wait for OR to be completed and factories added; then perhaps (spawns willing) we can craft some the higher end items.

We can craft stuff like the Launcher pistol, but they arn't very...um good (wrong dmg/AP types).

jtaylor
08-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Well, some Jedis might be pissed from the wipe, but at least we'll get some new updates, right?

Lubbe
08-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, some Jedis might be pissed from the wipe, but at least we'll get some new updates, right?

I don't think they really care that much. They can't do anything now because they can't train and use skills. All they have is Lightsaberhit 1... Which pretty much sucks.

jtaylor
08-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't think they really care that much. They can't do anything now because they can't train and use skills. All they have is Lightsaberhit 1... Which pretty much sucks.

Gotta agree with that...

HeadyGlass
08-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I agree with everyone, the sooner the better, and I have a legitimate yellow weapon that took me many sets of buffs to earn, but it just doesn't stand up to the cheaty McCheatertons legendary/exceptionals.
I'm sick of entire guilds running around with everyone having an exceptional weapon when we all know the seriously heinous exploit they used to get them[staff].

Orbsah Asoh
08-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Sweet, new wipe and updatess too! Hopefully, the new updates will repair the resources and their trees when the new resources spawn.

Keep up the great work staff!

BigEvil
08-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree with everyone, the sooner the better, and I have a legitimate yellow weapon that took me many sets of buffs to earn, but it just doesn't stand up to the cheaty McCheatertons legendary/exceptionals.
I'm sick of entire guilds running around with everyone having an exceptional weapon when we all know the seriously heinous exploit they used to get them[staff].

Can we lay off the staff a bit with the accusations? Without them, the only Pre-Cu SWG we'd be playing is in our minds.

HeadyGlass
08-08-2009, 06:37 PM
wasn't calling out staff on it, but people using the staff tag who weren't supposed to

TheWho
08-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Those that used a staff name have been banned, and the weapons achieved through doing so have been removed. All of the exceptionals in game are 100% legit right now and I find it funny how people can't get that through their heads. The prior staff account situation is a fall back for those that are too lazy to grind things for themselves and would prefer to sit in theed making blind accusations. That being said, bring on the wipe. We'll earn them once again and I look forward to doing so :D Long live Imperial Storm.

-Whos yo-daddy

Craigybbz
08-09-2009, 07:50 AM
dam i thought we were getting an update as this thread was on the main page lol

Joshino
08-09-2009, 08:05 AM
nicee.

Thanks for clearing things up sperm... still not exactly extensive though we want to know more.

roodypooh
08-09-2009, 09:09 AM
just so you all know i haven't had an affair with anyone and if i did i'm still denyin it. So this is as current as i'm willing to get with my current affairs ;)

Lazerbrick
08-09-2009, 10:59 AM
nicee.

Thanks for clearing things up sperm... still not exactly extensive though we want to know more.

Sperm? mt? i hope.

Tropicana
08-13-2009, 12:34 PM
I had to reformat my system, so I do not currently have SWGEmu set up. Has this wipe taken place yet, or was this thread simply made to make it look like actions were being taken against the persons in question?

Vlada
08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
No, no wipe yet. I think OR is close and they are just waiting for that before they wipe the server.

Maswill
08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
though we want to know more.

Yes...MOOOOOOAAAAAAAR! :)

Tropicana
08-13-2009, 04:08 PM
No, no wipe yet. I think OR is close and they are just waiting for that before they wipe the server.

So, basically, this is just an unnecessary thread made to give people something to hope for, and for the Staff Team to, once more, cover their own asses.

Honestly, I don't care who hacked what, to give what out to who. I do care, however about useless threads being made on the Forums that do nothing more than take up space, deceive people, or take up player's time.

There have been more than enough threads made about Staff members not giving out items to players. We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean, and none of anything that has happened in the recent months was done with your prior knowledge. Stop wasting our time, and telling us information that we either already know, or simply don't care about anymore.

I would also appreciate it very much if Staff didn't come on the Forums, and announce things that aren't going to take place, or if there are issues with said events which set back their ETA, then let us know. Announcing a wipe two weeks prior to... nothing happening, is a bit of a pre-announcement.

It isn't my place to tell Staff members how to operate, but in my opinion, Forum rules need to abided by everyone, not just regular forum members. There is no need to pound one fact into our heads as many times as possible, nor is there any need to get people's hopes up, only to let them down, without any explanation. All this does is cause confusion, and even more questions amongst the forum members, therefore hassling moderators even more so, taking away from your valuable time that you could be using to do something much more productive than answering questions that have been answered over, and over again.

Updating a thread that already has this information in it would be much easier, and much more accessible than making a whole new thread about it. Now, instead of people using the thread that already exists about these issues, people are going to use both threads, some getting different answers than others, and some, if not most of the answers they get aren't even going to be correct. So, now you have a cluttered forum, with shady information at best.

People wonder why others are always making new threads about the same thing. This is probably the greatest example. I could use the search function for some random fact that I wish to read up on, and get six different threads that give me little-to-no, or even misleading information about it.

Some may consider this a rant, and say "whoa man, calm down, it's just the interwebz." but I personally think this is very constructive criticism on a very pertinent issue.

Vlada
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
STAFF doesn't give stuff to players, and they have no need to cover their asses. They are doing a great job while sacrificing their own free time for our amusement. A little respect is in order.

Tropicana
08-13-2009, 04:34 PM
STAFF doesn't give stuff to players and they have no need to cover their asses. They are doing a great job while sacrificing their own free time for our amusement. A little respect is in order.

Honestly, I don't care who hacked what, to give what out to who. || There have been more than enough threads made about Staff members not giving out items to players. We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean, and none of anything that has happened in the recent months was done with your prior knowledge. || ...I personally think this is very constructive criticism on a very pertinent issue.

I don't know how well you are at reading comprehension, but the mass majority of well read members could clearly see that at no point did I accuse anyone, especially staff members of doing anything even remotely close to giving anything out to anyone.

They would also be able to very clearly see that I was entirely respectful. Criticism is part of Life, if you can't handle it, then go die, you won't be missed.

Now, if you'd please stop trolling these forums, and stop trying to squeeze your nose so very far up the various staff's anuses, it would be better for everyone. Staff members don't need you to come to their defense, they are more than capable of banning me if they think I have been out of line, when talking about them.

Now run along, and warm up your bottle, it's nap time.

PhantomLeader
08-13-2009, 04:54 PM
The wipe will be happening, but we're waiting for one or two more patches to be done first.

Also, if you see a staff member breaking rules or acting in a manner not benefiting the project, feel free to PM me.

Joshino
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
The wipe will be happening, but we're waiting for one or two more patches to be done first.

Also, if you see a staff member breaking rules or acting in a manner not benefiting the project, feel free to PM me.

any hints on what the updates will contain/fix?

roodypooh
08-13-2009, 05:15 PM

oh i'm sure nothing to big just little stuff maybe like possible jedi trainers, tef system, bh terminals, player bounties ;) who knows its all up in the air. But i'm takin a break from getting on for abit til everything is wiped and we start over. will be alot more testing to do then cause i really don't like crafting to much accept for architect and cant do much of that right now.

PhantomLeader
08-13-2009, 05:22 PM
The NGE.

Just kidding.
There will be a few fixes, and I believe that /addignore will also have been added, allowing you to block people who're annoying or harassing you.

SWGvet90
08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
The NGE.

Just kidding.
There will be a few fixes, and I believe that /addignore will also have been added, allowing you to block people who're annoying or harassing you.

*gasp* Thank you!! /addignore is much needed in theed...

Vlada
08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
So, basically, this is just an unnecessary thread made to give people something to hope for, and for the Staff Team to, once more, cover their own asses.

Honestly, I don't care who hacked what, to give what out to who. I do care, however about useless threads being made on the Forums that do nothing more than take up space, deceive people, or take up player's time.

There have been more than enough threads made about Staff members not giving out items to players. We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean, and none of anything that has happened in the recent months was done with your prior knowledge. Stop wasting our time, and telling us information that we either already know, or simply don't care about anymore.

I would also appreciate it very much if Staff didn't come on the Forums,. Blah, blah, blah

When you say they are covering their own asses in the first sentence, all that talk of "We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean" sounds like sarcasm and is the only way people will understand it.

Then you start telling them how to do their job, and after, asking them to stop doing part of it, or simply said, just bashing them. How very constructive.

I feel sorry for you and for anyone that feels the need to vent on this forum.

If you want to continue our little discussion please don't spew it all over this thread PM me instead.

Tropicana
08-13-2009, 05:46 PM
When you say they are covering their own asses in the first sentence and all that talk of "We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean" sounds like sarcasm and is the only way people will understand it.

Then you start telling them how to do their job, and after asking them to stop doing part of it, or simply said just bashing them.How very constructive.

I feel sorry for you and for anyone that feels the need to vent on this forum.

If you want to continue our little discussion please don't spew it all over this thread PM me instead.

I would also appreciate it very much if Staff didn't come on the Forums,... and announce things that aren't going to take place, or if there are issues with said events which set back their ETA, then let us know. Announcing a wipe two weeks prior to... nothing happening, is a bit of a pre-announcement.

Maybe if you didn't take my posts out of context to try and prove whatever point you are trying to make, you wouldn't look so much like a troll.

You can try to accuse me of venting, and accusing staff members of doing things if you'd like, but it will do little more than prove how ignorant you are.

I am not going to take anything to PMs. You are much too entertaining for me to stop the forum members from seeing your flawed logic, and the spewing of molested information you are trying to convey.

People like you ruin these forums, and I suggest you take your inappropriate, and outlandish attacks on forums members somewhere else.

Joshino
08-13-2009, 05:54 PM
who will get the forum incap and db?

Destruction
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM

No one, Someone will wipe the group and then we will call it a night

roodypooh
08-13-2009, 06:15 PM

well lets just hope the forum pvp login server doesn't crash cause then we won't know who won or lost and will have to start the fight all over again.

Electro
08-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Who else nearly had a heart attack when Phantom mentioned the NGE? :p

Garrion
08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
well if ya wanna be funny about it. In a since it is the true "NGE" we are enhancing a beloved game to make it better for all of us fans of the Pre Cu :P

Vlada
08-13-2009, 06:47 PM

Never gonna happen, I'm not trying to make a name for my self here, so i left him a visitor message, its public if anyone wants and really has a need to see it, but no need to spam this thread anymore.

P.S. Back on topic please.

corbaer
08-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I would also appreciate it very much if Staff didn't come on the Forums,... and announce things that aren't going to take place, or if there are issues with said events which set back their ETA, then let us know. Announcing a wipe two weeks prior to... nothing happening, is a bit of a pre-announcement.

Maybe if you didn't take my posts out of context to try and prove whatever point you are trying to make, you wouldn't look so much like a troll.

You can try to accuse me of venting, and accusing staff members of doing things if you'd like, but it will do little more than prove how ignorant you are.

I am not going to take anything to PMs. You are much too entertaining for me to stop the forum members from seeing your flawed logic, and the spewing of molested information you are trying to convey.

People like you ruin these forums, and I suggest you take your inappropriate, and outlandish attacks on forums members somewhere else.
:`(

You just ruined the forum.

Staff. Please announce things when you think you should. If things fall through and they get delayed, if it makes more sense to communicate about it than to focus on eliminating the delay... that would be okay. Otherwise, do what you think needs to be done.

Since you're all volunteers, I won't get all bent out of shape and start demanding things of you. I'll point and laugh at those who do however.

Lobreeze
08-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Does anyone else hate that font color Tropicana is using. I do!

Tojo_Hammer
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Glad to hear more updates are comming :) Keep up the great work team

fixit6
08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Addignore alone is pure win. Anyways, waiting patiently for the OR to be done. Will be worth the wait, help fix alot of issues hopefulley. Then perhaps a long anticipated crafting update so we can roll up them sleeves and test that sucker out hardcore.

Master Chief
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah, craft heavy weapons superior to what the vendor will give, and hints to Jedi from Kyle are highly anticipated. Also, being as faithful as I am to the Emu, I will never pressure the STAFF as Tropicana had. I can understand where some communication from them would be nice to let us better see what troubles they're going through, but they have done THIS much for us, and so we should not whine about STAFF being pathetic or anything like that.

Just be patient, friends, for all the kinks will get straightened out sooner or later. The important part is that it WILL be done, no matter how long it takes; no matter how many "flames" or "trolls" we get. As far as 'putting out the fires' can go, that's the job of a Moderator, so saying that STAFF should not be on the boards defeats a role of their jobs as Honorable members to be respected from all us common folk "on the outside."

PhantomLeader
08-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Tropicana, the wipe was announced when we were told it was immanent. However, we are all human; somethings things don't happen when we expect them to happen. There are only a couple people with access to wipe the thing, and something may have come up when they planned to do it.

Sperg never gave a set date for it either, he just said it would be coming up. It is going to happen soon; we just don't have a specific date for it.

Audune
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey man....

Sith happens =/

OmaddaSzool
08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
The NGE.

Just kidding.

LOL :D

:rolleyes:

:|

>_<

:(

:banghead:

:swear:

;)

compuguy1088
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM

The NGE.

Just kidding.

Thanks for the update.........

Tropicana
08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Tropicana, the wipe was announced when we were told it was immanent. However, we are all human; somethings things don't happen when we expect them to happen. There are only a couple people with access to wipe the thing, and something may have come up when they planned to do it.

Sperg never gave a set date for it either, he just said it would be coming up. It is going to happen soon; we just don't have a specific date for it.

Thank you for the response. I know things take time, and delays happen possibly daily. It is just a bit frustrating when things are announced as if they are happening relatively soon, and nothing happens, without any explanation.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring some clarity to the issue.

Joshino
08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
The tc is getting less populated every day... seems pretty saturated atm.

Anymore news on the wipe and update?

Dybbuk Unknown
08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey man....

Sith happens =/

This.

Master Chief
08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
You can say that again.

Craigybbz
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
yeah any news on any wipe devs because the TC is drying up :/

Master Chief
08-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Well I did notice things ARE slow now with no big changes or work, so that's why I went dorment for a bit some time ago: there wasn't much for an overzealous worker to work on.

Ekaika
08-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I think this one has run its course.