PDA

View Full Version : [TC:Nova] Multiple Instances

Ekaika
10-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi folks,

With our latest patch, TC:Nova has been at capacity almost 24 hours a day. Prior to this, we've allowed an unlimited number of instances (clients) to be run per account, to aid in testing. However, to make room for more people to join TC, we have now capped instances at 2 per user account. We understand that crafting is an issue, and a major reason to run multiple clients. However, to be fair to other users, a cap of 2 is necessitated and now set.

We are also now utilizing dedicated bandwidth. While this will not remove all the lag users are experiencing, it will level out the times at which you experience it. We are still running full-time debugging, which as we all know tends to lag the server. We are still working to find the proper ratio of players to lag on TC, given this new pipe.

So to be clear: a user is allowed 1 account, 2 instances (clients) running simultaneously on that account, and an unlimited number of characters per account.

Be advised, creating new accounts is grounds for banning, and will be strictly enforced.

Thanks for your support.

Raven118
10-03-2009, 05:50 PM
nice i love it no more waiting to connect to the galaxy now maybe :)

voltrox
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh yay

Master Chief
10-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Ooh-Rah! So THAT's why the server shut down, correct?! To allow more space for us people? Oh yeah!

GestorterEngel
If you think this is going to stop the lag, you're wrong.

200 other people who were afk surveying, will be online playing, and still lagging just as much as it was before.

Don't get me wrong, I like this change and think its good because you really don't need more than two people online.

But the majority of people who were complaining about the afkers causing the lag, doesn't understand that people even at the keyboard will still cause the lag.

Hopefully this reduces some of the problem though! Good luck guys. :)

fixit6
Mwahaha! /win

Still going to be alot of players but the odds of it being individuals just went up 100 fold. Thanks team.

Labyrinth
10-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Now we'll see how this changes things. :)

Fierce
10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
woop!!

MarlonB
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Still not gettin in ;) ... did this change hit Nova already ?

Amitrov_Derinth
10-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Snap, just as I was thinking about making a third.. :)
Glad to see something happened. Maaybe this'll stop alot of the infighting. Admittedly, I participated, but hey... XD

Vlada
Thank you. :bow:

Fierce
If you think this is going to stop the lag, you're wrong.

200 other people who were afk surveying, will be online playing, and still lagging just as much as it was before.

Don't get me wrong, I like this change and think its good because you really don't need more than two people online.

But the majority of people who were complaining about the afkers causing the lag, doesn't understand that people even at the keyboard will still cause the lag.

Hopefully this reduces some of the problem though! Good luck guys. :)

Many connected clients = lag.
Multiple instances = more connected clients.
Therefore multiple instances = lag

, no??

slowbacca
10-03-2009, 06:04 PM
excellent! lag of course not being the issue; more users will now be able to login, which was the goal all along, yes?

bravo.

Amitrov_Derinth
10-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Many connected clients = lag.
Multiple instances = more connected clients.
Therefore multiple instances = lag

, no??

I think what she was saying was it doesn't matter if the connected client is another instance or another player, it adds an equal amount of Lag to the server.

Joshino
10-03-2009, 06:06 PM
interesting.

Ekaika
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes, this has been patched in. And we are still at capacity. Pre-CU is pretty popular, eh? =)

Fierce
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I think what she was saying was it doesn't matter if the connected client is another instance or another player, it adds an equal amount of Lag to the server.

i know. but i doubt there will be the same amount of clients connected with multiple instances reduced to 2 which is why my statement still stand

TheExile
10-03-2009, 06:10 PM
About time. I am so sick of all the AFKers, and the people on here defending them.
Now we can get more people online actually testing, rather than "playing".

Amitrov_Derinth
10-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes, this has been patched in. And we are still at capacity. Pre-CU is pretty popular, eh? =)

i know. but i doubt there will be the same amount of clients connected with multiple instances reduced to 2 which is why my statement still stand

Or not. ;)

Ekaika
10-03-2009, 06:36 PM
There's currently 749 users online, including the new cap.

GestorterEngel
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Indeed, that was exactly what I was saying.

Not true, see qoute below. Apparently we're still capped.

Pre-CU will never die for people who played it.

There's currently 749 users online, including the new cap.

What is the new cap?

CapnSwifty
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
woot

Rippster
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Good deal, thanks. ;)

Vou23
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Great news.

Master Chief
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Apparantly, there has been a significant improvement as of recent, but although it is SO MUCH better than what it was of late (I can finally get back on, hooray!), there is still a degree of issues. Complaining about it, though, would be like complaining about rations when starving in the middle of nowhere.

I'm just very happy that decisive action was taken, and I agree in saying I was sick of all the AFKers and macro-runners too. It really bogged down such a good community, know what I'm saying?

fixit6
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM

There is simply nothing better than pre-cu, imo.

Master Chief
10-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, of course Pre-CU is popular; so popular the server decided to catch some shut-eye and declare itself offline.

Varanis Black
Well ultimately there will be one account and 1 instance as I see it.
AFK grinding or not it is getting closer to a live grind!!

Again thank you all for your hard work and I cant wait for the day it all comes to fruit!!

Yhor
Very cool news. :cool:

SetsunaNexus
10-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Well i was always a single account single instance kind of man. but it's a good way to know that it makes room for more people.

http://www.casos.cs.cmu.edu/projects/americas_army/AA-exampleImage.JPG

lordnull
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Perfectly cool coach, I enjoy playing and testing....not waiting for a CHANCE to play.../grin

nabyroth
10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Very nice job!

Will it lower the lag? Perhaps, we'll see but even if lag won't change at all I honestly prefer to lag because of active players instead of someone's x th AFK alt.

Anyway thanks again /bow3

Kayliaah
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
That's awesome!

Now more REAL people will be able to play, that's good news.
But I don't think crafting is an issue, you can sample great with one toon and Artisan xxx4 if you find a good spot, that's more than enough for now.

Also, new dedicated bandwidth really? That's really good.
How is that bandwidth, still 100mbit?

For the debugger I don't care personally, if I know that the lag is caused by the debugger and not the bandwidth or the server failing on us I'll be happy.

voltrox
10-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I noticed that missions are spawning 500m farther away from cities now, the closest I used to be able to find were 900m away, now the closest I can find are 1400m away. I suppose that was to reduce lag as well?

lordduncan
10-03-2009, 08:05 PM
But is lag caused by people actively testing.

Vlada
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
But is lag caused by people actively testing.

That!^^

corbaer
10-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Actually,
We are also now utilizing dedicated bandwidth. While this will not remove all the lag users are experiencing, it will level out the times at which you experience it. We are still running full-time debugging, which as we all know tends to lag the server. We are still working to find the proper ratio of players to lag on TC, given this new pipe.
this^^

Ekaika
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Lag is caused by a ratio of users to bandwidth, combined with debugging and logging.

TKemp74E
10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi -

I just started in the emu last weekend, and this is bringing back some great memories. My thanks to the emu team.

I tried to do a forum search, but couldn't find an answer. I was just curious if there were any decisions made about how many accounts, instances, or (especially) characters were going to be allowed at full launch.

I'm not sure if this has been answered, or can't yet be answered, but I'd appreciate any info that might be available.

Thanks again.

Vlada
10-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi -

I just started in the emu last weekend, and this is bringing back some great memories. My thanks to the emu team.

I tried to do a forum search, but couldn't find an answer. I was just curious if there were any decisions made about how many accounts, instances, or (especially) characters were going to be allowed at full launch.

I'm not sure if this has been answered, or can't yet be answered, but I'd appreciate any info that might be available.

Thanks again.

If you are talking about SunCrusher, it will be addressed at SunCrusher forum not here. We can only guess now, but no official statements have been made and will be made until the actual launch.