PDA

View Full Version : Financial Status

Oru
12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Greetings!

Last month our donations were too low. The developers pitched in from their own pockets to keep the TC running. However this month seems to be even worse and we cannot go on like this forever. we really hate to beg however money is crucial to this projects status, without testcenter you will not be able to assist in the testing process -- which would essentially kill the project.

We ask that you consider donating even if it is only $1. There is a large enough active community here to keep us safe for a few months even if just a small percentage of people donate.

so please help us out a little so things can go smoothly.

Thank you guys for supporting us this far. May the force be with you.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/ca_evo/misc/paypal_donate.gif (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/billspaypal.php)

remters
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
1st =] and mhmm

Nemack
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
second....:P i want donate something!

westbury28
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I just got my credit card in the mail so once i get to the bank and activate it I'll definately donate a few bucks.

DeCastro
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Make the Emu rich!

lethalzero
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
If I or people in the community donate to the emu could get your agreement with your staff, have them emulator ready for March at least, without further delay and Guaranteed one day in the next month a Live chat developed so that people can For two hours to ask anything ,in order of course .
????? .. easy you give me i give you

Rezec
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
If I or people in the community donate to the emu could get your agreement with your staff, have them emulator ready for March at least, without further delay and Guaranteed one day in the next month a Live chat developed so that people can For two hours to ask anything ,in order of course .

.....its not as easy as that, if they could make this code appear out of nowhere it wouldn't have taken this long, but thats not the case. Before the original SWG was released it was in dev for 3 years and they had alot more money, people and all kinds of resources.

sheeplord
12-17-2007, 06:01 PM

What's wrong with you?

It isn't as if you're in any position to demand something, they're writing code and holding a public TC so that people will eventually have SWG pre-cu emulator. Did you sort of miss the point that they're developing software for you for free. The TC allows them to test the code they develop under heavier load, as well as to let people like you muck around. Ultimately donating is up to you, however, there's absolutely no reason for which you should even consider posing a deadline for when the emu should be done. So henceforth you should probably cut the "????? .. easy you give me i give you" part out.

sheeplord
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Double post

Serifin
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Man... I don't even have the money to buy gifts for anyone this year, and barely enough to eat lunch... Whenever I do have some spare money, though, I'll be tossing it your guys' way.

Andewa
12-17-2007, 06:29 PM

Dont be a D-Bag.

Seaseme
12-17-2007, 06:34 PM

I can guarantee that without money for the test center, webpage, and IRC this project will die and you will never ever get to enjoy it. Don't be that guy.

Srate
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Thats not a fair agreement,they will get done when they get done. If they arent going fast enough for you,maybe you should leave. Let further flaming comence.

heynow
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
I can guarantee that without money for the test center, webpage, and IRC this project will die and you will never ever get to enjoy it. Don't be that guy.

I understand where the poster is coming from even if he is not correct in what he is asking. In the very least, it is Christmas and it is the time of giving.

I can say that i would like to donate, and going back to his point just a little, where is this project going? I log onto TC quite often only to find that nothing has been changed. I know that it is open source now and that things are "supposed" to flow much quicker now, but is it wise to have the TC up when nothing new has gone in for quite awhile? Is something going to go in anytime soon?

Again, i wish for only the projects success, but i do understand why others (even some people not posting) may hesitate in donating when they really don't know where the project is or how much is left to go.

Best of luck...im on your side.

Seaseme
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I understand where the poster is coming from even if he is not correct in what he is asking. In the very least, it is Christmas and it is the time of giving.

I can say that i would like to donate, and going back to his point just a little, where is this project going? I log onto TC quite often only to find that nothing has been changed. I know that it is open source now and that things are "supposed" to flow much quicker now, but is it wise to have the TC up when nothing new has gone in for quite awhile? Is something going to go in anytime soon?

Again, i wish for only the projects success, but i do understand why others (even some people not posting) may hesitate in donating when they really don't know where the project is or how much is left to go.

Best of luck...im on your side.

It isn't unfair to ask for the release date, however, it's unfair to imply that we can put our lifes on hold to make swgemu. The last week alone has been HUGE for swgemu, we've gotten a ton accomplished from all of the people pitching in with opensource, and we've updated testcenter with the newest build several times. Oru, TA and Ramsey have been working almost FULL time cleaning up commited code and getting it in a state where it is ready to be put on test, and I'm sorry to say that a lot of the work that gets done is under the hood. I don't expect people to understand that, but without the foundations in place we can't necessarily build any solid structure on top.

Also - -please don't deduce that money is what is keeping this project afloat. The dev team will keep it above water out of our own pockets for as long as we can. No one wants to just let it die, but test center is very important to the project's future. So think about lending us a hand.

heynow
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
It isn't unfair to ask for the release date, however, it's unfair to assume that we can put our lifes on hold to make swgemu. The last week alone has been HUGE for swgemu, we've gotten a ton accomplished from all of the people pitching in with opensource, and we've updated testcenter with the newest build several times. Oru, TA and Ramsey have been working almost FULL time cleaning up commited code and getting it in a state where it is ready to be put on test, and I'm sorry to say that a lot of the work that gets done is under the hood. I don't expect people to understand that, but without the foundations in place we can't necessarily build any solid structure on top.

Also - -please don't deduce that money is what is keeping this project afloat. The dev team will keep it above water out of our own pockets for as long as we can. No one wants to just let it die, but test center is very important to the project's future. So think about lending us a hand.

Seaseme,

Thanks for the reply. Im wasn't asking for a release date, and you are correct that it is done under the hood for the most part. I understand that alot of the code committed will not be seen. Im glad that things are progressing but please just remember that we are not all coders and don't always understand whats going on because it can't be seen (and no, i don't expect it all to be posted for me to see either although im sure it is). Sometimes it seems like nothing is happening even though it is, i just think that sometimes the community gets frustrated with that.

Thank you again for the reply and nobody wants to see the project die at all...continued success to you all!

Seaseme
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Seaseme,

Thanks for the reply. Im wasn't asking for a release date, and you are correct that it is done under the hood for the most part. I understand that alot of the code committed will not be seen. Im glad that things are progressing but please just remember that we are not all coders and don't always understand whats going on because it can't be seen (and no, i don't expect it all to be posted for me to see either although im sure it is). Sometimes it seems like nothing is happening even though it is, i just think that sometimes the community gets frustrated with that.

Thank you again for the reply...and continued success to you all!

I wasn't meaning to point that entire response at you. Apologies if you got that.

heynow
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
I wasn't meaning to point that entire response at you. Apologies if you got that.

I understand, and im glad you replied. No offense taken at all. Im going to donate right after this post because i want the project to succeed as well. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Seaseme
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I understand, and im glad you replied. No offense taken at all. Im going to donate right after this post because i want the project to succeed as well. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
Same to you!

praxi34
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I just Donated. Keep up the brilliant work guys! :)

Seaseme
12-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I just Donated. Keep up the brilliant work guys! :)
It's appreciated. Happy Holidays!

heynow
12-17-2007, 07:18 PM
It's appreciated. Happy Holidays!

I just donated as well, good luck guys!

Ekaika
12-17-2007, 07:19 PM
No problem, happy to help. Happy holidays guys.

Zar
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Well, im just a kid :p but i got some loose change around and after all it is Christmas time. So i'll try to find $5-10 to donate and give it to my mom so she can use paypall to donate to you guys :)

zetlaux
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Alright I will donate what I can this evening or tomorrow.

Biophilia
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
can you put up a list of what's being donated so visitors can be more secure with making donations?

Segers79
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I'll see what I can do guys.....I am broke as hell, but if I can spare a few $$$ then I will throw it your way.....

Seaseme
12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
@Biophilia

As in how much is being donated? $5-$10 is the most common. But anything helps.

Ekaika
12-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I did a bit more than that, but I had a good year :D

Biophilia
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
@Biophilia

As in how much is being donated? $5-$10 is the most common. But anything helps.

like a continually updated list so it can all be accounted for. This was done on other server sites before it was evident how long the project would take and donations basically halted.

Segers79
12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
man that pisses me off, cause i have no money.....i do want to help

MrMark
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
man that pisses me off, cause i have no money.....i do want to help

same here man same here! >.<

to be honest if i had a job (ugh..) id be sendin 20 bux each month as a donation!

acompletefact
12-17-2007, 08:26 PM
I'd like to make a donation I am a preCU vet who still keeps in contact with about 5 or 6 preCU vets IRL. One of my previous job duties was as fundraiser for a special university program. I'd be happy to hit up the SWG vets i know and see if they could spare 15-20 dollar each, but i have a few questions first. These questions are for the primary devs on this project, i'm not looking for feedback from anyone outside that circle.

If Jon or Jane Doe (lovers of the original SWG) were to make a cash donation by paypal, where will the money go?

What will the funds be spent on specifically? How will it be distributed? Can an increase in funding / donations, etc increase the productivity of the core development team? Are there resources that are needed that can be donated, but not in cash? What are those resource(s) if they exist? Would it be possible for a dev to outline the expenses in detail involved with the project and create a graphical representation of how much is needed for each resource, vs. what has been donated (historically) and where each resource stands in terms of project completion.

Anyhow, when i get my tax return i'll send at least 20 dollars, but i'd like to see some details on where the cash would going & have transparency / updates regarding the spending of the money. i think that would really help in any fundraising efforts.

lethalzero
12-17-2007, 08:30 PM
i know c ++ is dificult i know this man can maintain the server , i know to more money more resource , more resource , more fast , i no reclaim or nothing i want a date for , the galaxies begin without mush thing are avalaible in pre cu , why a emu can no begin same as a original server without air ship , speedder , resource , and later update(upgrades) to put the game same a precu , i see a intention for all emulatior developer (Swg) arh precu emu , do a exact copy of pre cu in the beginning i donot why is the rush for perfect , i only one play and fun and help of course and 1 day in the month a live chat with developed , to aswer a question of all member of this comunity (the english is no my language) sorry , and sorry for the bad impresion , i only one motivation lol

voltrox
12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I donated $ and am working on a source code donation too :)

Sti1garWormrider
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I shipped some money, and plan on doing so every couple weeks or so, living at home has its benefits wohoo!!! anywho its fairly obvious where the money's going hosting a server is not cheap neither is a website/irc.

Ethereal
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I just pitched in 5 bucks.

Hey if you need someone to host your website or a server I can do that for free, so you won't have to pay for a host, just PM me.

I feel bad because a few months back I was that "A"hole who donated 1 cent.

Smusatto
12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
What will the funds be spent on specifically? How will it be distributed?

http://swgemu.com/forums/faq.php?faq=96#faq_95

Can an increase in funding / donations, etc increase the productivity of the core development team?

Unless it was a substantial amount so that the devs could quit their day jobs, I doubt it. However, donating does sustain the development of this project.

Are there resources that are needed that can be donated, but not in cash? What are those resource(s) if they exist?

Not sure about that. The devs seem to be fine as far as hardware goes. If there's something else they need, they'll let the community know.

uenako
12-18-2007, 12:03 AM
I've been meaning to do it, it's finally done.

For the next 10 minutes (or thereabouts) you're working for me !! Grab a beer, put yer feet up, and enjoy a break on me.

Thank you for all your hard work, and Merry Christmas.

Anakis
12-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Here, have my 2 cents.

Okay, okay. 2,000 cents. But not a penny more (until I see some crafting or structures). ;)

xela
12-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Donated :)

webbwbb
12-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Maybe you should talk to some of the servers that popped up with core 1 about giving some of the money that was donated to them to you guys. If all of them gave around 25% of their funds then you should be good for a few months at least.

Garrion
12-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Wish I could help, been a bad year :(. But if someone is willin to show me a few things, maybe I could help out in terms of coding. I don't mean the devs of course, thye have too much on their hands. But anyone that is helpin out, I am a quick learner and love gettin my hands dirty with comp stuff, if ya call it that lol.

Oru
12-18-2007, 03:41 AM
thank you everyone for the donations. we've reached $400. that will keep us going for a while. thanks to everyone that helped!

Seaseme
12-18-2007, 04:26 AM
Thank you all very much. Happy holidays once again.

Tsubasa
12-18-2007, 04:58 AM
thanks to everyone even though i couldnt donate yet

Deltus
12-18-2007, 06:04 AM
unfortunate state of affairs.

Ashur
12-18-2007, 06:04 AM
man all i have is a visa electron, how can i donate? anyone know?

toilet_duck
12-18-2007, 06:58 AM
As soon as I can, I will throw some cheddar at the SWGEmu PayPal account. Sorry the finances got so rough, fellas.

Ekowraith
12-18-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm getting paid for a musical project around Christmas time, I'll be donating around 25-40 then.

Now however...
Best of luck team. :(

AODTyrant001
12-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Just donated the last bit from my paypal account

Dranny817
12-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi all i know it has been said many times before and no doubt it will be said many time in the future but a huge gratz to all the devs team and to the guys helping out with the open source stuff aswell, i myself cant do any of that as iam well lets just say no as clever as most :)

So i thought to show how much of a great job i think you guys are doing i just sent you $100 and hope you all have a fanastic holiday. keep up the good work.

kandah
12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I dont have much money to spare but I can offer you hosting on my server, I have a dedicated can over at webair.

Tyrue
12-18-2007, 12:58 PM
just moved into a new apartment, but still...10 bucks your way. Really rooting for the team and this project...will get my other friends to donate, too.

Rudy
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Sent in my donation last night. Without the TC progress will definitely come to a halt. I hope the next few months are rewarding :).

dnifan
12-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Okay, I'll donate something :)

2 Bucks, It's what I had left on my paypal account.

Andewa
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Phantom, please delete those problem posts. We have some seriously unappreciative people here who think they are entitled to everything and that the devs work for them.

Seaseme
12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I cleaned up the post. Thanks everyone who has donated once again. We've reached our goal.

It's worth mentioning again -- paying out of our own pockets isn't a problem. We were just asking for a little help. It's too bad people still feel the need to come over here and start problems.

Ultyma
12-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm too busy buying my BMW's and Women with the donations to read this thread.

HI2U.

ridethesmallbus1
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
ultyma i thought we agreed no cars with the money... women, we know u need to pay so we can let it slide.

Gambit
12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Well Merry Christmas SWGEmu, here's a little donation for you in hopes that one day I can be a MPowers again :emperor:

Andewa
12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
ultyma i thought we agreed no cars with the money... women, we know u need to pay so we can let it slide.

haha

Ultyma
12-18-2007, 10:53 PM
It upsets me when people think we get $10,000 a month.

There was a time when we were getting like $200 a month off of the google ads. But then people stopped clicking on them. So that is down to like $10-$30 now.

Donation's to paypal are few and far between. We randomly get $10 here, or $25 there but it's not consistent and that's when we run into the problems with paying for things.

I wish I could say to the team, Hey guys, we got $1000 donations this month, the server is $200 and other costs bring it to like $250. So theres $750 to split between us to go buy some beers.

But I can't say that. Because it doesn't happen.

I would LOVE to get paid for this. But I don't. And neither does anyone else on this dev team.

So to all you people who think we are profiting off of this, go buy a weighted companion cube because its the only friend you will have for the latter part of your adulthood.

Good day and Merry Christmakwanzaka.

Endless/Arnic
12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm unable to donate at this time, but soon, I'll be sure to make a donation.

For now, I offer my support, and any assistance needed in this testing phase.

Raghy
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
well, im unable to pay for anything online right now, i got to get a paypal account made, if it wasn't for that, i will for sure donate abit, rather that than being forced to play the crappy nge

Andewa
12-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Is there anyway we could click the google ads to generate more income?

LTS_Silver
12-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Heck! I'll throw in 5 bucks.

Merry Christmas!

Vysse
12-19-2007, 02:36 AM
hmm this is my first post and im damn glad you guys are doing this though i cannot actually afford to give you guys money if clicking google ads will help ill click them every spare moment i have and have friends do so as well.

Nayre
12-19-2007, 02:44 AM
Is that server cost per month! Holy Jesus thats a lot of cash. Isnt there anyway to get that cheaper?

O yeah, everyone needs to go click some google adds then just hit the back button. Do it every time you log on, I mean really, how much time would it take you? A few extra seconds?

crimsondarksky
12-19-2007, 02:46 AM
I am able, and (More than) willing to donate to this cause - I just want to know what is a respectable Donation?

I have ~some~ money, and if even during Christmas, a $25 dollar Donation would help - Count me in!

Would you mind PM'ing me some specifics?
-- Also, I have 3 Minion.... I mean brothers, who, while poor - have ample computer time... Does having them click on Banners from different IP's work?

<--- Realizes he is a noob

Ekaika
12-19-2007, 05:05 AM
I'm too busy buying my BMW's and Women with the donations to read this thread.

HI2U.

You might get a tank of gas in the beamer with my donated loot, but thasboutit lol.

Ashur
12-19-2007, 06:08 AM

There was a time when we were getting like $200 a month off of the google ads. But then people stopped clicking on them. So that is down to like $10-$30 now.

Donation's to paypal are few and far between. We randomly get $10 here, or $25 there but it's not consistent and that's when we run into the problems with paying for things.

I wish I could say to the team, Hey guys, we got $1000 donations this month, the server is $200 and other costs bring it to like $250. So theres $750 to split between us to go buy some beers.

I would LOVE to get paid for this. But I don't. And neither does anyone else on this dev team.

So to all you people who think we are profiting off of this, go buy a weighted companion cube because its the only friend you will have for the latter part of your adulthood.

so everyone click on the google ads as often as possible!

SunZU
12-19-2007, 07:45 AM

Dear Ultyma,

You shouldn't get mad or take it personal, people just want to see something from you guys in exchange for their money. At one point you were all developing for the love of the game, now you're coming on here requesting money to continue for it's very existence? What makes matters worse is that anytime someone asks for a deadline, you ban them or lock them out from the site. I ask you this, if you were me and you were seeing this, would that encourage you to open up your wallet?

Look, I'm not saying you guys are scamming us, I'm simply saying that you should be more transparent with the project. Explain to folks in detail what it costs to keep things going i.e. server costs etc. and please give folks a realistic timetable even if that's 10 years from now.

You will prob. delete this post and or ban me but whatever, I had to speak my mind.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Madarra
12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
lol i have never posted but /cry plz. Just donate and shut up the game will be out whenever it is done. Oh yea i will donate on pay day :)

onkel
12-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Dear Ultyma,

You shouldn't get mad or take it personal, people just want to see something from you guys in exchange for their money. At one point you were all developing for the love of the game, now you're coming on here requesting money to continue for it's very existence? What makes matters worse is that anytime someone asks for a deadline, you ban them or lock them out from the site. I ask you this, if you were me and you were seeing this, would that encourage you to open up your wallet?

Look, I'm not saying you guys are scamming us, I'm simply saying that you should be more transparent with the project. Explain to folks in detail what it costs to keep things going i.e. server costs etc. and please give folks a realistic timetable even if that's 10 years from now.

You will prob. delete this post and or ban me but whatever, I had to speak my mind.

The money is used to pay the rent for the server(s)? that host the test center, web page and irc-server.
I cant recall exactly what post I read this in, but it was something like $299 per server per month. Im guessing thats where the money go.

EDIT: If this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me. :)

Biophilia
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
you could end all those speculations by just listing the donation publicly. In fact, that is the purpose of publicly listing them, so speculations like that don't happen.

watch what you say Ultyma. I know you don't mean it to sound this way but this statement has a twisted allusion. It's not the kind of thing you say, even jokingly.

Roger
12-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Hmm...So sad.

I once made a topic called "Support to emu" or something similar.
But the topic got deleted, because folks thought I was scamming people.
So, I'm telling the same story again:

If you don't have any money and you still want to support the emu, I have a solution. All you need to do is to download one toolbar(made by me) and use it. It is so simple.
And now you ask: How this gets money to emu?
Here is the answer: I get money when people uses my toolbar. Every search they make. That is not much/person, but if 2500 users would download it and make 200 searches/day (what takes less than 20 minutes) it would generate ca. $2000/month. And then I would donate most of it to the emu.

You may think this is scam, but what do you have to lose? Exept SWGEmu, if you don't donate or use my toolbar.

I have seen many users who say: "I would like to support the emu, but I don't have any money to donate."
So here is a way to help emu, without using your own money.

So here is question for Devs: Can I post link to my toolbar to let people download it?

Ps. If you don't believe I'm gonna donate most of the money to you, you can ban my account and do whatever you like. That serious I am.
What do you have to lose?

Merry Xmas to all. And lets hope Emu gets enough donates that devs don't have to pay fees for them own money. Cause thats not fair...

Biophilia
12-19-2007, 08:54 AM
asking strangers to believe you is a classic scam roger.

Ultyma
12-19-2007, 09:03 AM
watch what you say Ultyma. I know you don't mean it to sound this way but this statement has a twisted allusion. It's not the kind of thing you say, even jokingly.

Well, The first time we opened up donations back when Joker was still here, we saved enough for 4 months of the dedi, and then we each took $100. (There was like 4 or 5 of us, it's been awhile). We then used that money (Well at least I did) to buy PC parts to upgrade our computers so we could develop faster.

That's the only time anyone has ever taken anything out of the donations.

*shrug*

Ultyma
12-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Dear Ultyma,

We aren't requesting money to continue developing.

We can continue developing without the test center.

But how do you expect to efficiently test an MMO server as complex as SWG with 500+ users on a 5mbit home cable connection?

Without the test center, things don't get fixed because there's no way to test things correctly.

And we've told people how much the server costs are 10 hundred trillion billion times. Do some research before posting a smartass reply like that.

Roger
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
asking strangers to believe you is a classic scam roger.

Exept in this case it is not a scam. But I don't force you to believe me...

Biophilia
12-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, The first time we opened up donations back when Joker was still here, we saved enough for 4 months of the dedi, and then we each took $100. (There was like 4 or 5 of us, it's been awhile). We then used that money (Well at least I did) to buy PC parts to upgrade our computers so we could develop faster.

That's the only time anyone has ever taken anything out of the donations.

*shrug*

asking strangers to believe you is a classic scam ultyma

just post the donations. And then add some detail to your spendings. As another person in this thread referred to, there should be transparency when it comes to donations.

Biophilia
12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Exept in this case it is not a scam. But I don't force you to believe me...

not saying there's no chance your intentions are good, only that asking strangers to believe you is a classic scam. Try to find some way for the money to be auto transferred by a third party.

Orim
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
All the people that say they cannot afford it... common... almost everyone in the western world is able to donate like 5 dollar. 5 dollar is 2 freaking beers at the pub. So put up or shut up.

Donated 10 dollars and do not expect anything in return but I would appreciate a bit more updates on the progress.

Ultyma
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
asking strangers to believe you is a classic scam ultyma

just post the donations. And then add some detail to your spendings. As another person in this thread referred to, there should be transparency when it comes to donations.

Add some detail to the spendings?

Are you freaking blind? WE SPEND THE SAME MONEY EVERY MONTH. IT'S BEEN THE SAME FOR THE LAST YEAR.

If you don't like to donate then don't donate. It's called DONATE for a reason.

When the little girl guides come to your house to sell cookies do you ask them for DNA scans, fingerprint scans, retina scans, and a detailed log on their entire history in the girl guides including all of the badges that they have earned? No.

I don't feel like going through 5 billion transaction logs and removing peoples name's from them. Contrary to popular belief, people don't want their names posted on the interwebs.

So again, if you don't like it, you don't have to be here.

shoto
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
$10

Merry Xmas. I will donate when I get a job. (really wish I didn't lose my buisness)

iLLuminatus[ANG]
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
as an old member of the greatest german guild in swg europe chimaera
i would like to say that i cant use this donation thing from the swgemu site.
transfering money from an german bank to an american or what ever in the world isnt that easy and so there is a need of the bank information where to pay the money.
otherway i could send 1€(1.43$ atm and still getting more:P )
i realy would like to help keeping this all up because i loved swg so when everyone just donate 1buck a month i think that would help a bit.

Seaseme
12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Dear Ultyma,

Dear SunZu, I'm not sure if you even read Ultyma's post. But, running this project costs MONEY. Just like things in the real world do. This isn't SunZu's happy fantasy land. Test Center, Our website, IRC all cost money to run. It wasn't a threat to you that we were shutting down, we would keep this going for as long as possible, but considering none of us are superrich and we have 30,000 members and have sustained this project for 3+ years it is getting a little pricy.

Once again, it wasn't a threat. It's reality. Things cost money. Believe me, we didn't want to post this thread because of people like you/posts like yours. We've explained the server costs -- Test Center is $200/month. Website is around $30 a month, IRC is $10, and very soon we'll run out of space on Assembla and be forced to pay another $30 a month.

This stuff isn't cheap. We're just asking for a little help with it all. No one is forcing you to donate, no one is threatening anything. We are just telling you the reality of this all. I certainly wish that it wasn't necessary, but us being called thieves, scammers, etc really gets under my skin. So if you have the need to call us it feel free to do it somewhere else, this really, really isn't the place.

This is the last argumentative post that will be here. Like i said, this isn't the place to post your little conspiracy theories regarding swgemu. If you don't want to donate then don't. That's fine, as ultyma said, that's why it is called a donation. We aren't demanding payment. I've said it before, we're fine paying as much as we can out of our own pockets, but we won't be able to do that forever.

Thanks again to all who have donated -- If you feel the need to flame us or whatever in here, be warned you're wasting your time. I'm just going to delete it.

@biophilia - You're starting to run dry man. If you don't feel safe donating to us that is fine. Don't. Quit filling up this thread with nonsense.

uenako
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
First you said:

Then you said:

I don't feel like going through 5 billion transaction logs and removing peoples name's from them.

If you were actually getting 5 billion transactions, you guys would be doing a hellova lot better than a measly 10k ;)

To the other people who want full disclosure of the books, guys please. It's called a donation for a reason. When I send my check to the National MS society every year, I don't ask for disclosure. I support their cause in the one way I can, just as I do here, and then I let them do their jobs.

If you don't trust where the money is going, or if you don't trust what it's being used for... don't donate. They've given you a brief list of their monthly bills, if you want to help with those bills... then donate.

Seaseme
12-19-2007, 11:25 AM
seaseme, your spraticnet server has a publicly viewable donation list system on it's front page. So why aren't you doing the same thing here? Why don't you want to? And ultyma, I know other servers have set it up so the person that donates has the option of being listed anonymously (that might be how it works with spraticnet, not sure).

I should add that using donations to upgrade personal computers could easily be embezzlement. You mind as well say you use donation to buy food cause you need energy to be able to develop. You might have really needed upgrades for development but splitting up the money in equal shares gives me reason that it was used for personal gain since there was little chance you needed equal upgrades. You should have given every detail to the public.

That is a custom script as far as I know. I've already contacted Kitek this morning. If he can give it to me then I will be happy to put it up.

Oru
12-19-2007, 11:25 AM
we didn't know spraticnet was using an automatic method, Seaseme is going to ask Kitek how they did it.

would like to thank again for everyone who have donated, really appreciate it. now we are going to be fine for quite a while and thats what counts. altough it was rather sad to read all the complaints above, might not ask anything like this again