PDA

View Full Version : SWGEmu Client Update Coming: Publish 14

Ultyma
01-10-2008, 12:06 AM
We are going to be switching to Publish 14 sometime over the next few days.

Since most of you use Launchpad Enhanced, I've asked Kyle to prepare getting the client ready to distribute through it.

Publish 14 brings many enhancements.

We've got cell movement working bug free in it.

I've also found a way to use Publish 13's Movement in Publish 14, for those of you who hate the "snappy" new movement (like me).

Other little enhancements like the region name in the radar and little things like that help contribute to a much better client.

The game just feels more solid.

Anyways, theres lots of things going up on TC over the next little while, when we switch to 14 you will no longer be able to login with 13, so you will need to get the update. If you are unsure what to do, we will post some help on it over the next few days.

Thank you for your continued support!

May the force be with you...

- SWGEmu Dev Team.

Anakis
01-10-2008, 12:07 AM
wewt

jermangin
01-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Sounds good, looking forward to it.

Relentless
01-10-2008, 12:08 AM
;);)

TheA-froChild
01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Kool :D

Brownbomber
01-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Shweeeeet:D

MrBlonde
01-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Nice, thanks for the update.

Horge
01-10-2008, 12:13 AM
liez

rhyeal
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
cell movement = win

Glad you guys got it working!

COCONUT
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Great News I might need your Help guys with Launchpad Enhanced i get Problems with My fire wall with it( even When its off) and AVG.:?

jermangin
01-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Why would you post that here, lol. Go to swgemu support or #swgemusetup.

eapeih
01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
SSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT

Can't wait. Thanks for the update

AmphionDakmar
01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Does switching to Publish 14 also include all the minor updates up to 14.1 or just strictly Publish 14.0? I.E. - will things like the new dances (Tumble 1,2 and Breakdance 1,2) and songs (Star Wars 4 and Funk) for entertainers be included with the switch, along with other minor changes?

TheA-froChild
01-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I hope breakdance was a kool dance thingy :D

Isskiss Osskis
01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Awesome!!! It's good to hear that cell movement will be working now. You guys ****ing rock!!!

Ekaika
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
opensource ftw

Roidrage667
01-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Good news.

Kilgor
01-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Does this patch switch means that GCW rules will also switch to on leave/combatant/SF system?
And also does it means that Vendor Search will be in place in time?
I hope not for both.. =)

Sumane
01-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Does this patch switch means that GCW rules will also switch to on leave/combatant/SF system?
And also does it means that Vendor Search will be in place in time?
I hope not for both.. =)

agreed, great news for the push to 14 client if cell movement gets implemented, but id really like to see the pre 14 GCW stuff, it allowed for grouped TEF's which im sorry, if my buddy was getting attacked i wouldnt just stand there and say "crap i cant attack coz there is no group TEF!!!"

Farmer_John
01-10-2008, 05:11 AM
For the people (like me) not aware of the changes that came with Pub14, here are the official Pub14 patchnotes for your information.

Publish 14.0
March 9, 2005

In this publish we bring to you tweaks and fixes for the GCW, some more UI loving and a new story Arc! Read on for more details.

Quests
Today begins the first part of a new epic quest series called "Secrets of the Syren"! Who is the pilot that everyone is searching for? What was the dangerous cargo he was carrying that both Imperials and Rebels want so desperately? Rebels should report immediately to the Tyrena Cantina, Imperials to the Bestine Cantina and Neutrals to the Theed Cantina!

GCW
* Increased the difficulty of higher level faction base spawns. (Now that the rebel and imperial faction bases spawned entity difficulty and numbers have recently been brought into balance with each other, the difficulty of the spawns at bases higher than the forward operating bases are being increased)
* PvE (non SF) faction bases can no longer have control terminal menu options for resetting their vulnerability timer (which shouldn't have been there anyhow, since PvE bases are always supposed to be vulnerable), nor can you shut them down to abort a self-destruct countdown, once started (which better fits the non-PvP nature of these bases).
* Added hacked terminal and base destruction alarms to factional bases
* Added exterior reinforcement spawner to hacked factional bases
* Decreased point cost of faction turrets
* Decreased point cost of the factional forward operating bases
* Factional base deeds should now indicate what faction they are for by their name.
* Increased GCW point value of factional bases for all bases higher than Forward Operating Base
* Slightly increased cost of Tactical Center to bring it in line with the increased toughness of its spawns
* Fixed an issue where Imperial guards were spawning and entering Moenian cantinas
* Fixed rank display in recruiter conversations
* News terminals will now always open the news headlines when you double click on them
* Fixed several bad faction base objective-terminal spawn locations and orientations
* Fixed terminals only working if you were special forces
* Added roving security personnel to hacked factional bases
* Fixed a bug where objects could block players from entering factional bases
* Changed how GCW faction perk costs are changed based on GCW status. There was a bug that caused items to get cheaper as you started to lose. This was incorrect and backwards. If you are losing, items get more expensive on that planet.

AI
* Fixed a bug where AI would warp when moving towards a destination (such as fleeing, etc.)

UI
* There are 4 new key bindings that are not mapped to any key-binding at this time. When bound, they should filter out friends and enemies in a previous next manner
* Player movement should now feel "snappier" (run, walk and turn rates have been accelerated)
* Hovering over a blip on the radar will display tooltip information about the blip.
* Fixed an issue where the buff window would reset when a player logged out or relogged.
* Planetmap should honor the show all cities flag.
* Fixed an issue where players could not run through streetlamps
* If the quest journal is open when a task or quest completes, it will now update correctly.
* Duplicate journal entries will only be displayed once. (e.g. Darn Droid listed a speak task 3 times before).
* Destroy, loot, and timer tasks will have a progress counter in the journal. (e.g.. "Killed: 2/10" will show in the journal description for a kill 10 worrts task).
* Tooltips on the radar will now display instantly
* The waypoint window in the datapad window will no longer overlap the checkboxes in the detail view
* Radar opacity should ignore UI opacity setting
* Improved double click options:

o Double-clicking on NPCs will display the appropriate messages and perform the proper actions.
o Double-clicking an incapacitated player will death-blow them.
o Double-clicking on your mount will mount or dismount you.
o Double-clicking on a crafting station will start a crafting session with a compatible crafting tool in your inventory

Loot
* Giant Canyon and Krayt Ancient Dragons should drop pearls at their normal drop rate
* Nightsisters should drop crystals at their normal drop rate
* Fixed a problem with all high-end loot drop rates
* Fixed an issue that no longer allows dead players to loot factional pets and dead players

Player Cities
* Fixed a problem where some Mayors cannot send ingame emails to citizens

Player Event Perks
* Changed faction perk gating to fix coverts not being able to wear armor

Vet Rewards
* Anti Decay Kits that were placed inside house containers such as a bookcase or armoire will now have a "Pickup" radial menu option.

Misc.
* Fixed an issue where players would experience a crash to desktop in /alarmsnooze if no alarms were previously set
* Japanese Localization Fixes
* Fixed some issues that would cause players to crash to desktop

If you are experiencing a bug in game please use the /bug reporting feature and provide as much details as possible to help us fix the problem.

Vendorsearch came with Pub 14.1.

The entertainer stuff like

• Tumble
• Tumble2
• Breakdance
• Breakdance2
• Removed the 15sec delay between stopping one song or dance and starting a new song or dance.
• Removed chance of making a mistake while dancing.

was also announced with Pub14.1 notes.

After Pub 14 was released, SoE fixed some bugs with two patches.

March 29th, 2005
Version 0.117734

Crafting
* Fixed a bug where a crafting tool can hang while loading schematic.
* Fixed recyclers, the tumble blender, and the agitator motor.

Guilds
* Fixed bug where guilds could no longer be placed on the Entry or Ban lists using "guild:abbreviation"
__________________________________________________ _______

March 31st, 2005
Version 0.118054

Player Event Perks
* Fixed an issue preventing the jukebox from playing.

GCW
* Eased the faction base placement restrictions

Misc.
* Improve server stability
* Fixed issue where objects could not be moved up or down in one of the rooms of the Corellian small style 2 house

COCONUT
01-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Thank you, Movealong

Kilgor
01-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Anyway its better to hear it from Devs, cause pub 14 includes on leave/combatant/SF system... It means that TEF system is no more (being Rebel combatant you can kill stormies staying right near SF Imp player...) - its so starwarsy =( Is it the way of SWGEmu?

Zar
01-10-2008, 07:29 AM
I may be wrong ( i joined in july of the year NGE came, so i was just in CU for ..um 1...2.. 4 months) But wasn't multipassenger vehicles added in pub 14? just wondering

Drama
01-10-2008, 07:32 AM
I may be wrong ( i joined in july of the year NGE came, so i was just in CU for ..um 1...2.. 4 months) But wasn't multipassenger vehicles added in pub 14? just wondering

No.

Farmer_John
01-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Multipassenger were introduced with PUB17 - which was after CU (PUB 15 ).

I called it the "Jedi grind bus" :P

Xenomorph
01-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Very kool

Erro
01-10-2008, 09:09 AM
(...) don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.

coolio. i used to have that quote on my precu bio on my toon :)

Runny
01-10-2008, 09:34 AM
You rule guys

Ramsey
01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
This does not mean everything will have to be on Publish 14 content. The CONTENT is up to the server admin, not us.

This does not mean everything will have to be on Publish 14 content. The CONTENT is up to the server admin, not us.

Mirael
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Lol one publish away from CU. Devilish.

Just don't update the client any further, publish wise :P

Deharak
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Could you repeat that?;)

Anyway nice update, I'm glad to hear you got cell m,ovement worked out, so no more making buildings dissappear eh?

Agi'nor
01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh well done indeed you have my greatest wishes ill not pour scorn upon the decision made , like it was poured upon others

Sti1garWormrider
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
well if this is what's needed to get cell movement working im all for it.

Zar
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Multipassenger were introduced with PUB17 - which was after CU (PUB 15 ).

I called it the "Jedi grind bus" :P

Ty for your help:)

TankGun
01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Nice

Cazmu
01-10-2008, 09:51 PM
the epicness spreads.

Pake
01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Definately seems like the best move. Wonderful to hear everything that this will fix :D

Koole
01-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Awesome

Kilgor
01-11-2008, 01:32 AM

Thanks

Smannesman
01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up and thanks for explaining why you're moving to the new version.
And good job of course.

taffamarkova
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
:) when will this come into effect? i've just got the client set up, and the login server won't connect, i'm assuming that the changeover isn't complete yet?

Seaseme
01-11-2008, 10:23 AM
nope. We'll force the patch here soon when more people have seen the message.

taffamarkova
01-11-2008, 10:30 AM
nope. We'll force the patch here soon when more people have seen the message.

roger that! :3 looking forward to getting in there, i was never able to experience pre CU SWG, and i'm eager to see how much better it was.

Farmer_John
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Taffa,

may i ask you to come back here and post, how you like Pre-CU even if its only a TC for now?

Thank you :)

taffamarkova
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM
i can't log in yet, :o it gets stuck communicating with the login server.

i assume that's because of the switch to 14, and clients set to 14 just can't get on yet.

ofcourse, i may well be wrong, and if i am, then D: help!

noxsid3
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM

Vastor
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Very interesting. Smart move for a more solid server. Good job.

Soapflake
01-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Cell movement. Thank you! Now we can get AH's cantina populated :D

Seaseme
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Which I believe TA coded in the first place.

Not to mention, we're using publish 13 anyhow. Enjoy banland :)