PDA

View Full Version : Client Update: 01/09/08 (Publish 14)

Ramsey
01-10-2008, 01:01 AM
As outlined in this thread (http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7833), we are switching to the Publish 14 client. If you are new to SWGEmu and have not installed the SWGEmu client, the installer will take care of this process for you. If you already have SWGEmu installed, the latest version of the installer will be able to set your client to the right place.

Core3 will begin to force all clients to be patched to publish 14 within the next couple of days. Also please be aware that the login server that is currently running on the TC is still checking for version 13 clients. Once the server is restarted and the version 14 fix has been applied, publish 14 clients will be able to connect.

Note: Launchpad Enhanced users will have their clients automatically updated within the next few hours.

How to update your client:

-> New installations of SWGEmu from here on will already have the updated files. This only applies to users who setup their installation before 01/10/2008 <-

If you are new and do not have anything installed, see this topic:
http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2553

Step 1: Download the Swgemu Installer at http://swgemu.com/InstallSWGEmu.zip . You will need to have at least .NET framework 2.0 to run it, so ensure that Windows is up-to-date.

Step 2: Extract the zip file anywhere. It should have "SWGEmu_Installer" and a folder called "files". Run the "SWGEmu_Installer" program. Assuming you have a patched SWGEmu client installed, you will only be needing to download one SWG patch file. The installation directory should be wherever you have SWG currently installed. Your window should look something like this:
http://swgemu.com/images/install14patch.png

ONLY SWGEmu files should be checked. Click Install.

Step 3: You're done! The installer will overwrite your old executable (and other files) with the new one. When it asks you if you would like to overwrite "SWGEmu.exe" AND anything related to "patch_14_00.tre" select YES. There should be no need to change your shortcuts or config files. You may now delete the extracted setup files you downloaded if you wish.

Fedaykin
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
first

Auje
01-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Second. Keep up the good work

zealxi
01-10-2008, 02:23 AM
3rd! keep up the good work guys. your doing great!!

blazinyou
01-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Launchpad Enhanced ftw

TheA-froChild
01-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Woooo go launchpad enhanced.... :)

VAIOMANIAC
01-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Great job guys this emu is getting better and better

Sumane
01-10-2008, 04:47 AM
super, but is there a link to any of the files i need, outside of the swgemu installer? because i do not have .NET framework 2.0 on my pc, and do not plan on getting it.

maddi
01-10-2008, 06:27 AM
check the files directory inside. There should be the new swgemu.exe ;) After that you need to download the publish14 file from the soe server.

maddi

cye
01-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Does this mean that the game will now be modeled after SWG as it was in Publish 14?

BTW, Ramsey, we're in 2008 now.

Zar
01-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Does this mean that the game will now be modeled after SWG as it was in Publish 14?

Yep! 2008=p and Great job devs =)

PhantomLeader
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
No way! :p

Ramsey
01-10-2008, 10:17 AM
check the files directory inside. There should be the new swgemu.exe ;) After that you need to download the publish14 file from the soe server.

maddi

And copy the new swgemu_live.cfg

CaloNord
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
ba da ba ba ba, I'm lovin' it

>.>

feroxfire
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
super, but is there a link to any of the files i need, outside of the swgemu installer? because i do not have .NET framework 2.0 on my pc, and do not plan on getting it.

why....?

Ultyma
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM

^ lol

bassbin
01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
i can't download patch_14_00.tre, either thru the installer, the launchpad, or the truegalaxies->starwarsgalaxies.com portal. i have tried all 3 at least 3 times a piece. any ideas?

EDIT: ROFL WTF immediately after posting this, i was able to get it thru the truegalaxies->starwarsgalaxies.com portal. WTF stupid internet making me look like an idiot.
DIREGARD!

EDIT2: also, keep up the kickass work, guys. watching the game slowly coalesce into the swg i remember is exciting, and i'm glad to be a part of it.

Deej
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
first

Your Sig = Pwn,

And awesomezorz.

Andewa
01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
EDIT2: also, keep up the kickass work, guys. watching the game slowly coalesce into the swg i remember is exciting, and i'm glad to be a part of it.

Nice diction!

Sumane
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM

maddi

what files directory inside where?

blackfox77
01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Good news.

Whatever gets Cell Movement working, I'm all for it.

Roidrage667
01-10-2008, 04:38 PM
^ lol

That's what she said... :O

Reead
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM

Epic Fail.

EVILJUDE
01-10-2008, 06:46 PM

well, um uh...WHY NOT??????

Koole
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Awesome again, can't wait.

Baron_Primus
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
So just to clarify.. Pub 14 is the expac?

http://swg.allakhazam.com/sdetail.html?story=5253

This site doesn't tell me much in terms of Pub 14.. And last I heard, the devs were resurrecting Pub 12. Where have I been?

Edit:

Thank god for the wiki? Nevermind!

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Complete_Update_List#Publish_14:_GCW_Changes

And I conveniently missed the
SWGEmu Client Update Coming: Publish 14
thread.
Whoops.

DRJoeyPC
01-11-2008, 03:08 AM
I have followed the directions to a T and the server insists that the client is out of date. Please assist me

DRJoeyPC
01-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Nevermind I went and got the enhanced launchpad and it worked like a charm.

Sumane
01-11-2008, 10:53 AM
well, um uh...WHY NOT??????

im happy with my computer system thank you, i dont like faffing about, installing unnecessary things, plus on a personal note, i think microsoft is run by a member of the illuminati and they want bugs in everyones pc so as to monitor them.

bottom line, all i want is a link to be able to download the files i need manually, and not have to worry about installing more programs to run other programs that i dont need.

the emu is set up nicely on my pc, all i have to do is get the latest client, and patch 14. soooooooooo much simpler than updating wondows, getting .NET 2.0 installed, downloading swgemu installer, THEN getting the files i need.

am i being unreasonable at all?

voltrox
01-11-2008, 10:59 AM
i think microsoft is run by a member of the illuminati and they want bugs in everyones pc so as to monitor them.

umm

LostMan56
01-11-2008, 11:22 AM
HELP ME SOME1 IT Says out of date so i cant logon

bassbin
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
@sumane: well, there is a link somewhere in a sticky here ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391 ) with links to all the patch files. i downloaded patch 14 manually from there. i don't think i downloaded a new client .exe, and i can get on the TC fine, but i might be wrong about that, as i did run the installer exe before finding the patch myself.

as an aside, why would you assume that .net 2.0 is the microsoft product with the 'bugs' as you called them in it? unless you've gotten the emu to run in wine or cygwin or something, i can only assume you're already running windows xp. why wouldn't the bug or backdoor be present already? furthermore, why wouldn't it be your ISP, or just some mysterious gigantic packet sniffer logging everything everyone does on the internet?

my point is: i highly doubt that .net framework does anything more than provide a way for programmers to more easily roll out their software in an all-windows environment. it certainly isn't a necessary piece of software to get along just fine, but i am fairly certain that if m$ or the illuminati or whoever wanted to own your computer, they wouldn't bank on an optional piece of software to get it done. food for thought...

jessethebeast
01-11-2008, 01:48 PM
i did the steps but it still says i need an update...

help!

Sumane
01-11-2008, 02:03 PM
@sumane: well, there is a link somewhere in a sticky here ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391 ) with links to all the patch files. i downloaded patch 14 manually from there. i don't think i downloaded a new client .exe, and i can get on the TC fine, but i might be wrong about that, as i did run the installer exe before finding the patch myself.

as an aside, why would you assume that .net 2.0 is the microsoft product with the 'bugs' as you called them in it? unless you've gotten the emu to run in wine or cygwin or something, i can only assume you're already running windows xp. why wouldn't the bug or backdoor be present already? furthermore, why wouldn't it be your ISP, or just some mysterious gigantic packet sniffer logging everything everyone does on the internet?

my point is: i highly doubt that .net framework does anything more than provide a way for programmers to more easily roll out their software in an all-windows environment. it certainly isn't a necessary piece of software to get along just fine, but i am fairly certain that if m$ or the illuminati or whoever wanted to own your computer, they wouldn't bank on an optional piece of software to get it done. food for thought...

yea the bug thing was a bit of a joke, ive just messed up my computer too many times by installing unnecessary junk, at the moment its running sexily, and i wanna keep it that way, its just more hassle to update windows than its worth to be honest. all i want is a download link to the client, im in the process of moving house at the moment and my pc wont get here till late tomorow so i dont really need it till then.

Waiko
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=sumane;139817] i think microsoft is run by a member of the illuminati and they want bugs in everyones pc so as to monitor them.
[QUOTE]

Now I have to replace Bill and plug this leak. Note to secretary: the Martian Abassador will have to wait until tomorrow.
Nevermind I can't make the quotes work bring Bill to me.

-blanka-
01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
i'm getting that pop up when i try to log in saying that i need to update and i'm using launchpad enchanced >.< can any one help me?

PepiDeto
01-11-2008, 10:09 PM
um probably stupid question here but I have launchpad enhanced however I had already installed the EMU beforehand and have no idea how to even access the launchpad because the current icon takes me straight to the game. Will it still auto-update or how do I go about doing that?

Sorry if it sounds dumb but idk what I'm missing here.

Apollon
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Blanka, Jessthebeast, and Lostman56, you have to be patient. Read what Ramsey wrote in the OT:

Core3 will begin to force all clients to be patched to publish 14 within the next couple of days. Also please be aware that the login server that is currently running on the TC is still checking for version 13 clients. Once the server is restarted and the version 14 fix has been applied, publish 14 clients will be able to connect.

This means that we will be able to connect in a few days. Please someone correct me if I got this wrong.

[BTW, first post on this forum, hi everyone! :) ]

mcr_is_awesome
01-12-2008, 06:27 AM
so people who havent downloaded client at all downloads publish 13 first....then the upgrade (publish 14) ?

zeustacos
01-12-2008, 07:13 AM
updated,and not working.......you guys know what should i do?

Shuq Noia
01-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Well, I think thats make my day. Thx and congrats again swgemu team

zeustacos
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM
i made something work but when i select to install the patch_14 it gives me an error that it cant find it or something

Ramsey
01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
The login server should allow pub14 clients by now.

apowerr
01-12-2008, 12:37 PM
The update worked fine for me using LaunchPad Enhanced. I'll log on and do some testing soon. Keep up the great work!

robertoell
01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
umm guys im having a little problem with publish 14
I patched it using SWGEMU_Installer
"The program that checks if you have everything"
and when I try to log on, on the server it says out of date please check (This Thread) for updates.. am I doing something wrong?
Well please someone help

and also THE SERVER IS AWESOME!

waa
01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
so people who havent downloaded client at all downloads publish 13 first....then the upgrade (publish 14) ?

or downloaded launchpad enhanced and it'll do everything for you
(assuming you have never installed this emu)

someone will correct me if I am wrong,but that appeared so far to worked for me

HELL--RAISER
01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
edit: working now, launchpad enhanced is updating.

robertoell
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
where can I download Launchpad Enhanced?

01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Is there absolutely no way to get around this CU resolution / movement.

If there isn't, thats fine I guess.., I'm just wondering if its permanent... :(

Amazing update though, good job. :)

Angeil Red
01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Uhhh...See the first page, comrade.

I am incredibly thankful that I had the chance to experience SWG, the real SWG, for the first time in a long time last night. I have told my friends of your project, so with any luck word will spread in my circles of this place. Entertainers will sing of your deeds from Tatooine to Corellia. Thank you all so very kindly.

rich8722
01-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Is there absolutely no way to get around this CU resolution / movement.

If there isn't, thats fine I guess.., I'm just wondering if its permanent... :(

Amazing update though, good job. :)

Yeah, I was actually SUPREMELY dissappointed to log on today and not see the old school movement...that type was twitchy and it just weirded out most of the people I knew ingame, including myself.

Is there a way around it...hopefully?

Ramsey
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry error on my part.

Step 3 of the upgrade guide was a bit off, so some people were selecting "No" when it asked to replace SWGEmu.exe

New Step3: (also modified in original post):

Step 3: You're done! The installer will overwrite your old executable (and other files) with the new one. When it asks you if you would like to overwrite "SWGEmu.exe" select YES. For everything else, just select "No". When the installer gets to a patch14, the installer should download it for you. If it prompts you to overwrite patch_14_00.tre because it already exists, you should have the installer overwrite and redownload patch14 for you. There should be no need to change your shortcuts or config files. You may now delete the extracted setup files you downloaded if you wish.

Remember: You want to overwrite your SWGEmu.exe, but you do NOT want to replace your existing patch files. Thats just a waste of time.

Vastor
01-12-2008, 03:09 PM
where can I download Launchpad Enhanced?

http://www.thewildclan.com/launchpad/installer/LaunchpadEnhanced.exe

Imperialassasin
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
decay....

Lukus
01-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Yay¡¡ good joob guys

l0rdford
01-13-2008, 08:46 AM
i still hate how the nightsisters can hit me from 180 meters and it takes 2 hits to kill something after it is supposed to die, but good update

Erro
01-13-2008, 09:52 AM
lol i remember that being in precu. Maybe it was a bug but it was dammed funny in pvp

CaptJones
01-13-2008, 10:21 AM
i still hate how the nightsisters can hit me from 180 meters
Note to myself: Don't go to dath.

zeustacos
01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Note to myself: Don't go to dath.

Go there,just atack Rancors

Primo331
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, can anyone help me out here? Every time i try to open up the SWGEMU_Installer it comes up with an error that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I've tried nearly everything (okay maybe not) and still the same thing. Is this a common problem? Can anyone give me a tip on what I should do?

zeustacos
01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I made all work but a few things,all my combet is gone,and once i got poisoned,all i see is black,and names of players,i can't see anything,can u help?It just happen,and it scares me,and i got some nice things i dont want to make another char ,.cry:(

Correction
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
A note to the developers: you still haven't removed the ./ui folder and its contents from the installer. As I understand, this was a fix for the publish 12 client, and is not only unnecessary now but also causes problems (at least it does for me). I keep having to delete it after each installation or upgrade.

Trafaulger
01-19-2008, 08:03 PM
This will all work if we have the game almost completely up to date with the SOE updates also, correct?

varkus
01-20-2008, 06:07 AM
alrighty .... i just ran the installer thingy and now the game won't even open ???? do i have to reinstall from scratch again ?

Bluedusk
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I am trying to extract the SWGEmu files into my starwars galaxies folder which is at C:\Program Files (x86)\StarWarsGalaxies on a vista operating system. I'm told acces to the folder is denied. How do I get around this? Thanks.

Ramsey
01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I am trying to extract the SWGEmu files into my starwars galaxies folder which is at C:\Program Files (x86)\StarWarsGalaxies on a vista operating system. I'm told acces to the folder is denied. How do I get around this? Thanks.

Your account on your PC needs to have administrator privileges.

A note to the developers: you still haven't removed the ./ui folder and its contents from the installer. As I understand, this was a fix for the publish 12 client, and is not only unnecessary now but also causes problems (at least it does for me). I keep having to delete it after each installation or upgrade.

Thank you for the notice. Updated the installer.

Bluedusk
01-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the respone Ramsey. I am using the administrator (and only) log in to Vista. So dont know how else to get admin privelages. Can anyone please advise? Otherwise, can I extract and download the files to a temp folder themn copy them into C:\Program Files (x86)\StarWarsGalaxies? Any advise would be apreciated. Thanks.

Ramsey
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Just extract the installer anywhere, and then run the program. You dont need to extract the installer inside the SWG directory.

xpi_dude
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
does it works if I download the patch 14? :D

Maximus- Antony
02-09-2008, 12:28 PM
coolio

Angelthefallen
02-10-2008, 01:13 AM
So when will we be able to create our own private servers? Is there anyone who can give a good guestimation? Also what the requirements will be for running Private servers on systems?

You guys are doing a great job, i am happy to see so much work going into making SWG what it was when it was at its peak. XD

lakewoodjoe112
02-10-2008, 02:17 PM
So when will we be able to create our own private servers? Is there anyone who can give a good guestimation? Also what the requirements will be for running Private servers on systems?

You guys are doing a great job, i am happy to see so much work going into making SWG what it was when it was at its peak. XD

when its done.

Angelthefallen
02-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Really?......would not have guessed.... -_-

Someone have a REAL answer?.....

illupi
02-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Really?......would not have guessed.... -_-

Someone have a REAL answer?.....

Nobody has...it's a project doing in free time, no payment (unless donations), so nobody can say "finish it before that month or that year..."
Devs do their work day by day, and we can only say "thanks for letting us knew what's going on" and help the projects reporting bugs...but an ETA is impossible...neither by percentage....they can even be at 99% completed (for example) but if they don't find time to get the 100%, the ETA will be "never"....understand?

lakewoodjoe112
02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
It's annoying to see people still asking when the devs are going to finish the project, when it's posted all over the site that theres no ETA. It doesn't matter if you phrase it, "When will we be able to make private servers", it's still the same annoying question that gets the same answer, every time.

jck87
02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd say check again in 10 years. If it hasn't finished by then I don't think it will ever be done :P

Current ETA: 10 years :D

Nanaki
02-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I'd say check again in 10 years. If it hasn't finished by then I don't think it will ever be done :P

Current ETA: 10 years :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/t3hSjet/1202511431716.jpg

lakewoodjoe112
02-14-2008, 01:47 AM
It's funny whenever people ask when the emu will be done...

its kinda like the little ***** kid bugging their parents, "ARE WE THERE YET" every 5 minutes... We'll get there when we get there :)

Stryth
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Hmmm, I downloaded the client and followed all the instructions in installing it. It's all updated, but for some reason it wont work for me. I had it working on my old beaten up computer, but this one is new.

When I click on the SWG icon on my desktop, the game client wont boot. Does anyone have any idea's why?

cloak211
02-23-2008, 09:18 PM
It's funny whenever people ask when the emu will be done...

its kinda like the little ***** kid bugging their parents, "ARE WE THERE YET" every 5 minutes... We'll get there when we get there :)

Or waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to come out...

JayceRayne
02-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I have a slight query and hopefully you have an answer cause your project has me quite intrigued and hopeful as to the outcome of it. I am a big star wars fan and loved this game in it's early hayday. I am currently running windows xp x64 edition. The current version of your client will not run on my computer. Do you guys have a version that would work with this or are you perhaps working on one. Don't mean to be a thorn in anyones side but I would like to know if I need to rollback to XP home...Help me moderator people...you're my only hope.

TheAnswer
02-27-2008, 08:43 PM
the client works fine on xp x64

JayceRayne
02-27-2008, 08:45 PM
well, the problem lies in the installer which states as soon as I click on it that it must be used with windows 2000/xp/vista and then doesn't start up. HELP MEEEEEEEEEE..... :p

Teo
02-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I have a slight query and hopefully you have an answer cause your project has me quite intrigued and hopeful as to the outcome of it. I am a big star wars fan and loved this game in it's early hayday. I am currently running windows xp x64 edition. The current version of your client will not run on my computer. Do you guys have a version that would work with this or are you perhaps working on one. Don't mean to be a thorn in anyones side but I would like to know if I need to rollback to XP home...Help me moderator people...you're my only hope.

Hey, have you tried running it in "compatibility mode"? You know, right-click the exe, go to properties, go to the compatibility tab? I haven't used the 64 bit version, so I'm not sure if you can trick it into thinking you're using 32bit
windows or not, but if not, maybe tell it you're using win2k...

-Teo

edit: spelling

Taras Bulba
02-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Um...Hello!As you all can see I've just joined to your community.Yesterday I downloaded tis new SWGEmu client and installed it to my 3-cd SWG version.I've downloaded all patches needed to play on Core3 server.I launched the game and created a char.The furst try to connect failed.This thing wrote,that I couldn't "connect to the galaxy right now".The second try is contiuning right now.Now I'm "connecting to the galaxy",but I'm waiting almost for an hour and I'm not still connected.So here is the question:what have I done wrong or is it server's error or something in that way.

Upd:
Oh,I'm stpd n00b.The problem solved.But wait...I'm naked! xD

Bra'fin
03-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I need more info on how to update pub 14 because I cant loggin and I really am eager to play SWGEmu Iv already played it before but I stopped for a while came back to find I cant logg in nw I fid out about pub 14 can you please give me a link to a place I can download pub 14?
plz

togno
03-04-2008, 02:34 PM
the bi-weekly update needs to be updated.
I'm really looking forward to see what progress has been made

Bra'fin
03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
ok so is this the answer to my question?

Araiti
03-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I need more info on how to update pub 14 because I cant loggin and I really am eager to play SWGEmu Iv already played it before but I stopped for a while came back to find I cant logg in nw I fid out about pub 14 can you please give me a link to a place I can download pub 14?
plz

im not sure if i understand your problem, but have u tried the LPE(launchpad enhanced)?

jmsherndon
03-06-2008, 12:12 PM
i tihnk that they're trying to get crafting wrapped up and ready for our stress testing before they post a new update. from looking at the wiki site (or whateva) it seems like they've been working on that for the past month and a half

badfish
03-07-2008, 06:46 AM
If you are having problems downloading patches, missing files, incorrect setup files etc then download Launchpad Enchanced! If you still problems, then post on the support section here http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20 :)

Platuna1
03-13-2008, 05:38 AM
I can't wait to get on the computer and play Swgemu.....

p1mpone
03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
It's too bad an update hasn't been posted for a couple weeks now I'm looking forward to seeing the progress as with everyone els. It's hard for me to get into testing the emu extensively if I'm constantly losing all my items. I had about a full suit of ST armor and some other weapons all of which including the clothing off my back disappeared which I understand can be normal for such an unstable server under constant changes. However when I try to create a new character to get all the basic items again I can't even log into the server. But i can still log into the server ass-naked in my stripped character. Oh well hopefully progress continues.

waldothegreatx2
03-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Ok,

Here's the deal, I keep getting this error that says-

SWGEmu.exe - Unable To Locate Componet

then under the title bar this is written

>----- This application has failed to start becasue mss32.dll was not found. Re-installing the Application may fix this problem -----<
If anyone at all could give me some advice that would be freakin awesome, i can't stated to play that filler game anymore...WoW, I have 2 lvl 70's, I just want my SWG back

Thanks for your help in advanced

P.S. - I have .NET Framework 2.0 and have installed the the files and patches, if you could help me from there I would be forever thankful :emperor:

GO GO CORBANTIS

hoteo
03-17-2008, 08:35 PM
first

Posts like this should be deleted and the people should be banned...

Ne ways.. Good work guys! Can't wait for it to be done!! :) :lightsaber: