PDA

View Full Version : [Re-Revised] TC:NOVA Wipe Proposal

Pages : [1] 2 3

odwill
04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Due to changes and strong response to this thread, we are going to be posting a new poll and much more descriptive thread today.

Philip
04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Wipe the items, not the characters...

or if it isn't for a OR implementation or LIVE then delete this thread.

It's a test center for a reason, learn from your mistakes and wait until OR is done until you wipe this.

Only logical answer.

CrackPipe2011
04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
yes but put back in gungan if the OR is coming soon.

Tygaar
04-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I vote yes to the wipe. I dont like wipes but this is a test server and thus expected. Also if this is needed to help the project in the long run then it is what has to be done.

VexFallstar
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Wipe it all.

Grinding tailor again is gonna be a pain, but it's a test server. Anyone who gets butthurt about this needs to understand the reality that this will happen.

Barber
04-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Unless i can play CH no thanks

Kainzo
04-25-2010, 11:03 PM
I vote not to wipe it.

I want the OR more than anything, but wiping it now seems like a loss of some playerbase or at least until the OR.

zope
I vote for an inventory wipe as well, unless the dev team needs a full wipe. If that's the case do what you need to do :)

SirJMon
Tell us the other bad news that you're leaving out? You might be adding some things but you're also gonna take out some others.

I would love a wipe if it was for the OR. If it's a wipe just to please like 20 trolls on the forums then NO!

hodnick
04-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Just wipe the cash/inventory... making everyone have to relevel, or at least myself..ugh

If the OR happens, then a full wipe would be understandable.

club4542001
04-25-2010, 11:05 PM
i would say take all the items/resources/money leave us our characters so we don't have to spend all that time on them again. but like some have said if it needs to be done to help progress then i'm all for it. if it does get done can we have the frog for the first week though =-)

theksorlana
I agree with Tygaar and Vex its true it is a test server and who cares if a few immature burt hurt 12 year olds get mad it will make the game better and more efficient in the long run and overall scheme of things because it will give us an opportunity to test out the new stuff for the OR so everything isnt bugged when the OR comes out

Slayer45
By all means I vote yes on a full wipe especially if it gets rid of the hacks and improves the economy. Also if it will help the OR by pre testing parts of it I am in 100% agreement. As much as I hate wipes and as much time as I have put into it it will improve the game so I say go for it.

Kainzo
04-25-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm also voting for an Inventory or credit wipe - it doesn't seem like any point in wiping characters, imo.

The damage was dealt to the inventory / credit system, not really the skills... except those who duped holocrons to get jedi.

Lucious
Why not just wipe the credits??? Why wipe the professions and items? Not like everyone has a 2k blaster or whatever. Assuming the credit duping is done and over with, what would save the "economy" would be getting rid of all the credits not the items and professions. Sad to say but if all is wiped without OR coming out I will leave and won't return..
Just my 2 cents

tehmulletman
wipety wipe wipe WIPE! i vote yes

it should fix alot of loot problems and economy problems and the pre-testing of OR features sounds very nice

AlmightyGrain
Wiping it now would be a great Idea, it would allow everyone to play it again, and some more features would be nice. Plus a wipe is inevitable, no point in puting it off when more testing may be done after a wipe.

skudster13
As much as a wipe means starting over, it will be easier on the devs and in the long run may help us find more glitches in the game. If we want the server to be as good as it can be, we need to help the devs to help us. Bittersweetly, I say "YES"

roocey
04-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Seems like a bad idea to wipe before OR. Does it serve any real purpose?

To me, it seems like we are just kind of chilling on Nova for a (temporary) experience of SWG until the OR comes out.

This is a test center. Fact, sure enough. But is anything we are testing right now going to matter in the long run?

It is my understanding that the OR is going to rebuild the code from the ground up, so really, what good would a wipe do? Let everyone start over so we just start over again later for the real testing?

I don't care either way. Its just how I see it. I fully anticipate and embrace future wipes, I just don't think wiping Nova before the OR is a great idea. Please enlighten me if I am mistaken and the testing we are doing right now actually serves any true value to the development process at this time.

seanlikesSubaru
04-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Wipe please. Everything.

And It'd be cool if we could get the Gungan, since exp has been tested. And since grinding up new characters will be a waste of time.

Even better, a better Gungan, with Kickass Recources instead of items.

or

Wipe only Credits&items, not characters.

opasrat
04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
also for an inventory wipe

Process
04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Wipe everything.. but leave characters.. take away money/items/etc

setadoon
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I vote for a wipe. Lets help test some new content for the OR. Your going to get wiped soon anyway, why not help test some things so that when OR does come maybe it will be a more stable game.

NEW CONTENT!! your not tired of hitting NS's 8hrs a day yet because there is nothing else to do??

Get some of the bugs/glitches caught and out of the way.

Whats a few more months of holding on to what u have gonna do anyway? In the end its all going to be gone anyway you need to understand that.

kaque
If you put houses and factories in then I vote yes, otherwise NO!

Zetch
Since it would seem to benefit everybody as a whole maybe not immediately, but in the long run, I voted for yes.

CrackPipe2011
gungans pl0x

Jedson
04-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I am like one rumor away from getting strong..... i would hate to see all this time spent and so close for a full wipe.... unless you just let anyone play jedi for a while... in that case i fully support it. my reasons for no wipe are purely selfish, because i am close to finally unlocking a force sensitive.....

capt_obvious
Do what you need to do, the only class that I can see of that's actually that hard to grind out is jedi and they should know better than anyone that yes this is a Test Server and wipes should be expected.

Twiz
i vote no. whats gonna stop ppl from hacking/exploiting/duping after this wipe?

Killerfang
I think if the wipe will help the economy and get rid of the hacks then go for it.I know this is a test server and wipes will happen I don't mind starting over if it's for the good of the game and community.

Holydragon34
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
I voted yes let me login !!!

mikeelle
whatever

Lamune
Have any players responsibility for the damage been identified and dealt with?
Sony was able to track back offenders multiple transactions deep, though logging may not be as complete in the Emu at this point.

Actually, I guess there is no way to deal with problem players, since IP bans are next to worthless.
A few ****heads destroy an entire server, and what's the worst that can happen? Their characters are 'deleted' while everyone else gets erased anyway?

Wipe the items, not the characters
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xdN0QQwsP1A/SwTLwjHb6YI/AAAAAAAAD30/I63ydT_bJko/s400/ObamaFingerPointing.jpg

*Unless of course this is unpossible. I've no idea the complexity of the character data. If a few tables can be null'd in the database to wipe all items and credits while retaining characters, so be it. We've been told repeatedly this is "dead code." You gain ****-nothing worth testing having everyone re-grind classes.

mcwilly10
no code changes so i dont see any reason for a wipe other than to apease those who are not at the top of the chain ie cant learn how to farm loot,credits or unlock jedi.if you really had something to offer such as the OR and after the wipe we could really begin to dig into the game and it would actually matter just wiping to reset seems a mute point.I wonder how many people will then say it was fun but ill wait until its live before i waste my time? i wont its been fun but some people really might wonder if we wipe cause people whine are you guys any better than the nge who screwed the game for the same perpose.

So i vote no,unless you can implement charc limits to prevent those exploits aswell

monkeypye
I voted and cant log in
does this mean I get to vote again :)

Automan
the trolls win again it seems...very unfortunate

DangerMouse
I vote YES. Clear it all grinding a toon is not that hard. and allows more testing. Plus would love too have a taste of some new stuff for the OR.

Arcticus
04-25-2010, 11:12 PM
So I already voted and yet I cannot log in...

FgNFin
If wipe means more content added and bug fixes go for it.

SirJMon
As much as a wipe means starting over, it will be easier on the devs and in the long run may help us find more glitches in the game. If we want the server to be as good as it can be, we need to help the devs to help us. Bittersweetly, I say "YES"

This will not be easier on the dev/staff. Now they will have to deal with the forums being lit up for a month of people complaining about lossing everything. Have fun with that mess. Not too mention the pissing contests in every thread about it. This place is gonna be a complete mess. Oh and the unlocking system... and banks.....ummm, please explain those.

cru jodo
odwill, you had me at increased development time

IronEd
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
I voted no, but I'm for an inventory/credit wipe. It would bring balance to the economy without losing hard earned xp.

Labyrinth
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Unless it's strictly necessary to wipe everything to "possibly add new features"...
Wipe the items, not the characters
^This.

The gist of my feedback: If a wipe happens at all, at least make the resulting TC improved enough that the wipe is justified. There would be nothing more demotivating to me than a wipe that's essentially, "We're releasing the iPad! It's like an iPhone but BIGGER!"

mrsheepy
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
If you're gonna wipe just put the Blue Frogs back in, if not you're just gonna lose an even bigger part of the community.

Monoxide
04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
yes but put back in gungan if the OR is coming soon.

What this upstanding gentleman said.

Barber
04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Will group xp be fixed? if so then i guess a wipe would be okay

opasrat
if we wipe then gungan pleasezzz

Killerfang
no code changes so i dont see any reason for a wipe other than to apease those who are not at the top of the chain ie cant learn how to farm loot,credits or unlock jedi.if you really had something to offer such as the OR and after the wipe we could really begin to dig into the game and it would actually matter just wiping to reset seems a mute point.I wonder how many people will then say it was fun but ill wait until its live before i waste my time? i wont its been fun but some people really might wonder if we wipe cause people whine are you guys any better than the nge who screwed the game for the same perpose.

So i vote no,unless you can implement charc limits to prevent those exploits aswell

Number one you need to keep in mind these guys are doing this for us free of charge. Number two if all you are worried about is losing some credits then maybe you should stop and think about who you are calling a whiner.

giffo
I would like a partial wipe - money and inventory but not characters would be nice compared to the proposal of a full wipe, thats where the time and effort has been spent - grinding our professions on many different characters

not possible to locate the people with the billions of credits? or overpowered weapons and remove them, or is it too rampant and numerous?

I voted but having problems logging in still

elpenguino1
Kind of ironic if you vote yes, but are in a rush to log back in...

CrackPipe2011
04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
if you're gonna wipe just put the blue frogs back in, if not you're just gonna lose an even bigger part of the community.

qfe

-ace-
04-25-2010, 11:18 PM
All i read from that entire post was the hackers won, forcing everyone else to start fresh (and then again for OR). And in the end they will just figure out how to do it again, and this will be posted...again.

Yes to complete inv/item wipe. No to char wipe.

Dame
04-25-2010, 11:18 PM
blue frogs are the devil.

darran
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
I voted yes just to see some of the new stuff that you all have been working on. I would ask, since this is a Test Server, that you re-add the NPCs that give you full training. That would spice things up a bit more and be a nice nod to those who have been putting a lot of time into their characters :)

-DominioN-
Well I believe that if the devs say it is best for the project, then that's what should be done. Wipe away.

Chelle Psyops
maaaan .. ive done so much grinding .. and time.. but i know that if i want my backpack and housing again .. im all for it .. OBAAAAMAAA.

Revik Verion
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Yea its a test center, let the 12 year olds QQ all they want

CrackPipe2011
blue frogs are the devil.

With the OR coming soon... it just makes sense in my mind.

jjDraGiN
Voted, unlock me please

Wipe items,creds not toons

Baigs
04-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Wipe it.. learn and make things better.. then get us to LIVE quicker

TheExile
Wipe please

mcwilly10
he brings a point even if as the poll reults are now 40% no 60% yes is it really worth possibly losing 30% of your testers ? maybe i mean its a free game but you know your not gonna lose anywhere near that many of the yes grp if you dont wipe.However, i agree that a credit wipe inventory wipe could be done and would be a must if there was a credit wipe cause otherwise i could then i a few months sale the holos and cas in my inventory and again we will have ppl crying about how the game life much like real life just isnt fair and balanced.

Chaotik
All i read from that entire post was the hackers won, forcing everyone else to start fresh (and then again for OR). And in the end they will just figure out how to do it again, and this will be posted...again.

Yes to complete inv/item wipe. No to char wipe.

I feel the same way..

Drakkin
04-25-2010, 11:22 PM
I agree with a wipe to better the game for the big release. Yes regrinding all the toons is a downer but we all knew these toons werent permanent. The economy has gotten to carried away in here and way to many uber weapons dropping. If you could add factories at least to help stabilize the economy wouldnt be a bad thing either. And it would be a smile knowing the credit sellers got it stuck to them when the holder toons they had invested rl money into go poof

Ninja_Cadillac
Despite how much I really don't feel like re-grinding everything I have to this point, if this speeds up the process to the OR and helps us to reach our goal of completing the Emu once and for all, I support it 100 percent. This will also cause a drop in the RP community more than likely but I have to look at the bigger picture here.

AceeIjafoe
Voted yes to wipe.

Agitated
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Yoouuuu Keeennn dewwww iitttt devs

Wolvendrake
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
nay. no wipe. not actually needed, just some seem to like the idea. It will just cause discontent, and frustration for the hours spent by those who have so far worked very hard to get where they are. yes some negatives happened... yes some issues needed to be resolved. they have been and new exploits will pop up and will be found again. they have JUST as much chance to do it NOW as if you did a wipe. so whats the difference? those without so much invested have not much to lose, and will prolly like the idea of a wipe. Those with much invested.... have everything to lose. literally.

Chaotik
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
How about we just wipe the hackers... Problem solved..

-ace-
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
We also may be able to add more features to TC that wouldn't be possible on the current TC.

To everyone voting yes because they can't read. If you can't fix the exploiting now, why would a wipe give you the knowledge to do so? A maybe isn't good enough for me to lose all my toons.

roocey
04-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I voted no already for reasons already stated, but I want to say something.

Voting yes to a wipe to items and credits but not characters is interesting and all, but if they really do implement OR items and other gadgets for us to test, its insanely unlikely.

In a game testing environment, the developers need to see players at various stages and how the code interacts. This includes the beginning and the end.

I have to assume it would be much simpler to simply wipe everything and let everyone grind back up, to check for quirks in the system along the way. And if they need testing with full templates and various items, they can always put back in Traders/Frogs.

Please just keep in mind that, ultimately, your characters are worth nothing at this stage of the game. They are going to get deleted sooner or later, whether it is tomorrow or in six months.

kamuirsx
Honestly, hacks and exploits mean nothing...everything will continue to be inflated even if there was a wipe...

I vote no because even with all the stuff going on, it's still fun..besides within a month after the wipe, it will pretty much be back to this except less jedi on the server....not exactly what I'd call a good enough reason.

SirJMon
never mind

Coppertop1
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Wipe Wipe Wipe
I for one am glad to see a wipe so the economy returns to normal and the duping and hacking stops. If someone figures out how to do it again down the road then so be it and it can be dealt with again. I am not going to whine about losing characters and money because I know this is a test server and subject to wipe (without notice at the discretion of the Devs) These people are doing this because they loved the original game enough to spend a lot if not most of their free time to do it, for themselves and for the community. I am sure they hate to wipe as much as you seem to not want it but if it's for the betterment of the game why complain about it.

Adio Spiegel
Im all for a wipe, but only when the OR is ready. If exploits and money dupers have gotten out of hand then the best thing todo would be wiping all items and money from people bank accounts leaving there current templates in tact. No need for people to grind out there templates and have to re do that all over again because a couple of ass clowns are trying to ruin the fun for the rest.

dbmather
Whatever the devs decide, as long as it does not have anything to do with the NGE, is OK in my book. However, just to include my two cents, since everyone else did, I would like to agree with the idea of an inventory/bank/credit wipe. This would, essentially reset the economy, which is the main problem of SWGEMU at the moment, in my opinion.

CrackPipe2011
Please share ALL the information with the community so that they are FULLY aware of what they are voting for.

Stop going crazy with your conspiracy.

vieppedfire
I have been on the emu a little over a month and a half and just getting my feet wet. It really is ashamed that people will use cheats hacks ect to get the upper hand. In the end the only people they are cheating are themselves.
Saying that , this is a test server and wipes do happen. But to wipe to get rid of hacks and bugs that is not acceptable. wipeing bank and backpack data would be more of an option. Futhermore, I still see major exploits in the game that have not been fixed. such as dupeing and ent doc grind. Most of you medics know what Im talking about.

sithrosex
04-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Ouch..meh its a game and a test server,I hate the thought of a wipe,but if it helps speed OR and implements housing and feign death,player cities etc for test write as many 100111001010 as needed to fix it.cut out the cancer with a calculated precision.if it helps my vote is yes

roocey
04-25-2010, 11:29 PM
he brings a point even if as the poll reults are now 40% no 60% yes is it really worth possibly losing 30% of your testers ? maybe i mean its a free game but you know your not gonna lose anywhere near that many of the yes grp if you dont wipe.However, i agree that a credit wipe inventory wipe could be done and would be a must if there was a credit wipe cause otherwise i could then i a few months sale the holos and cas in my inventory and again we will have ppl crying about how the game life much like real life just isnt fair and balanced.

Possibly losing a bunch of impatient children and/or childish adults? Sounds good.

Trust me, I think "losing 30% of your testers" is not as bad as one might think. If they are so impatient, they likely weren't testing or providing any useful information. Further still, there is little reason to assume they'd be any more useful during the OR testing phases.

Thurisaz
04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Sad to say but if all is wiped without OR coming out I will leave and won't return..

Indeed, I'm not gonna like a wipe unless you guys add Gungans (or bluefrog, whatever you like to call it) and the option to unlock FS on them. I'm not gonna grind what ive got so far neither im gonna start all over the rumor process.. If a wipe with these conditions cannot be done then just wipe items and credits but please do not touch the characters and what they've achieved. I personally voted NO. Plus there's no reason to wipe if OR its not 100% ready yet.

Lamune
Honestly, hacks and exploits mean nothing...everything will continue to be inflated even if there was a wipe...

I vote no because even with all the stuff going on, it's still fun..besides within a month after the wipe, it will pretty much be back to this except less jedi on the server....not exactly what I'd call a good enough reason.

Naw... I'm sure those first few holocrons and ubarOMG****broken weapons to drop on the new server will sell for a completely reasonable 250k or so!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-061.gif

Kufu
Wipe everything.. but leave characters.. take away money/items/etc

freakinbox
04-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I also voted no, without mention of what would be added.. I agree with the fact it sucks for the rest of us that people exploited got the fun of being at the top, while the rest of us stuck to doing it legit and all that time will be for nothing. I get that it's a TC and wipes will come but a wipe that leads to playing an almost identical game won't be all that fun.

I agree with the idea of a credit and item wipe if possible.

Rincon
Burn it w/ fire, delete all of Zop's duped credits, ONYX's duped holocrons, all of the Jedi they created, and all of the redonkulous weapons that people are gathering off of Sentinels with the aggro range exploit.

Than collect the tears and lol while you sell them on ebay.

giffo
why would the economy return to normal? there are no money sinks in the game, shuttle tickets and the occasional training costs are minimal

mobs give 500+ credits a kill, its only time until the economy is inflated again

Camigwen
yes, if you bring in CH !

liveitup21
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Well I say no to the wipe. Since the game will be wiped when OR is coming out is pointless to wipe now. Might as well be patient and wait for the OR. If not I agree with the whole inventory/ credit wipe not the characters skills. Then when the OP comes out wipe everything, but before that just wipe the items and stuff. Besides I'm unarmed so wiping inventory won't really affect me :).

Bulbous
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Wipe the inventories and the credits. Set the drop rates to normal. No full wipe.

Yhor
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway). Between selling creds, selling characters, kiddie scripts, dupes, hacks, and the lot of assorted other exploits... I think a wipe would be beneficial. It would get the economy back where it should be, and it would penalize those who exploit hardest (with a side effect of bumping decent people back down as well, but it happens that way sometimes).

If there are parts of the OR that can get a jump start in testing, all the better. I don't think there's a logical reason not to wipe if there's code that can tested.

I haven't been playing a lot, though, so take my input with a grain of salt. I slowed down around here primarily because of some of the issues I already stated; I think it's plausible there are others who did the same. I played a bit this weekend and I'll say I'm not looking forward to grinding professions back up (CM/Pistoleer/Scout - Medic/Artisan/Smuggler - Dancer/Musician/junk)... I'll do so though, and be much happier about it knowing it's helping the community.

roocey
04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
why would the economy return to normal? there are no money sinks in the game, shuttle tickets and the occasional training costs are minimal

mobs give 500+ credits a kill, its only time until the economy is inflated again

That has always been a long standing 'issue' with SWG, since the very beginning.

The game itself is very susceptible to inflation. I think the point is, that without the initial duping and acquiring items via exploits, the inflation would slow down.

Twiz
04-25-2010, 11:34 PM
i think a pre OR wipe would be a big mistake. no new content is coming out till the OR so wiping everything now would just lose players and tester. Honestly i think SWGemu's staff would be shooting themselves in the foot doing a pre OR full wipe

Soulreaver
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
as i have stated before if its more of a reason for good then just for the heck of it then i am all for it. but IF this wipe is just to amuse the masses i believe it to be a waste of valuable time that should be strictly for or build. the exploits and op items and other things are a problem i agree but as i said in the other thread its not an issue since non of the stuff on test atm is worth any thing. when or is being tested then i could see the idea.

that said as you stated in this thread that you will have stuff for us to focus on to test i am definitely all for that and look forward for that to take place even if its annoying stuff to test lets get it done. again if this wipe is not going to benifit the or then its a waste of time.

Sekie
yes please add CH or faction pets :)

mhk_zerocool
I vote yes if the dev's feel its necessary, I do agree to a point that if after the wipe the game is as it was then I probably will not log in again until OR, whats the point? Every error/bug i've found has already been reported and is known so aside from getting my much needed fix of this game until OR the economy problems are a moot issue since OR will reset all anyway. if the duping/hacking etc happened but has been addressed so that it cant happen now in OR then let us play on until OR.

-ace-
I'm confused on how a Wipe is considered a fix? So the OR is released, you still have no idea how to fix it because you just wiped when it happened the first time. Just wipe again?

Mahonra
BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

It's gonna be hard for people to invest the time into grinding up new characters, when they know the OR is getting very close.

So once again I say...BLUE FROGS!!!

chajomi
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM
If a credit/item only wipe can be done I would rather see that. If everything has got to go for the good of the EMU then go for it.

Lamune
I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway).

Yes, because bringing a bunch of people willing to buy credits back to 0 will in no way encourage continued sales and increased farming or the sales of characters pre-ground back to max level. (Something that would happen again within days.)

http://liquid.do-ob.com/dot%20eye%20emm%20gee/Cunning%20Plan.jpg

BLUE FROGS!!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

No need to re-grind dead and useless code?
No incentive whatsoever for character or credit sales?

THIS IS A WIN!

chiwar7178
Wipe it, if it will improve overall development of the project.

I would, however, like to know what possible enhancements would be added (i.e. OR pre-screening, if you will). I understand that those items are probably not nailed-down-decided-upon, yet; but, I would like to have an idea of what might be in store. I doubt there would be houses. Factories, backpacks, heavy harvestors? Please, please, and pretty please.

My two credits, overall: With all current information available to me, I vote for an inventory/credit wipe only--unless a complete wipe is required (i.e. the only kind of wipe y'all can perform).

tonkatuff
04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Its not the duping of credits or items. Its the fact that INSANE items are dropping and its caused imbalance on a TEST server. Most people here that are voting no are saying so because they dont want to lose their precious jedi or there 2k power hammer/T21. Its simply not fun when there is no overt pvp because people get 2 shotted.

It would be a lot more fun if crafters were involved as well. Crafters are pretty useless. So is pvp at all atm. I mean we are supposed to test things. Ive posted about bugs in crafting and what not. I am sure a few have done it too. The major thing being tested right now is how many people can we get to stand around Cnet.

sin-Heretic
04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Only been on two days do what ya gotta do.

gustcloak runner
04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
This is marko' polo' and i vote that we do not wipe the server!!

CrackPipe2011
04-25-2010, 11:39 PM
blue frogs

sherekahn
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't think a wipe is bad if code testing and progress is made toward the OR. Being a web app dev IRL, I can tell you that the more you test, the better the output for the final release.

Thing is there will be people who will leave and never come back. That happens in these games all the time and should be expected.

SirJMon
04-25-2010, 11:56 PM
With all the complaining about jedi and how many there are on NOVA I can't believe you're gonna leave the current unlocking system in place if at all.

Discuss.

Desantos
04-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Id say altho alot of hours have been put into my toons but still its for the good of the game in the end...i say yes to the wipe , lets clear the slate and start over hopefully get a chance to try some of the new stuff..
This is a test server and we are testers so lets help with this
keep up the good work guys :)

brattyzola
04-25-2010, 11:57 PM
anything to help the devs to get closer to the next phase. I am for it, afterall they made this for us in the first place. I support it.

gustcloak runner
04-26-2010, 12:01 AM
when will the wipe take place so i know when to get back online

clankerdestroyer
04-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I say wipe. But is it possible to bring back creature handler????

Krendal
04-26-2010, 12:02 AM
I feel like I am missing something. I don't see the value add in simply wiping the server, the damage has been done. Those who know how to exploit will only do it again on this time it will take much less time since they already know how to do it. If a wipe would incorporate the removal of 90% of the bugs then I would support it, but I don't think this is possible at this time. I also will say that I find it interesting that since there have been many more recent unlocks that a thread like this would spawn on the forums. This is no diffreent than the original SOE forums when jedi starting unlocking by the dozens. The standard community was not happy with the result. If this thread is really about the credit problems and weapons problems then why didn't this happen months ago?

SirJMon
04-26-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm a senile old man I forgot what live was really like where are my pants

I left them at your moms house. Tell her I'll get them later.

Twiz
04-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Id say altho alot of hours have been put into my toons but still its for the good of the game in the end...i say yes to the wipe , lets clear the slate and start over hopefully get a chance to try some of the new stuff..
This is a test server and we are testers so lets help with this
keep up the good work guys :)

honestly i dont think we are getting anything new till OR they would just be wiping it to get rid of the current inflated economy and dupers. which isnt going to last very long. which is why i think this wipe would have a negative impact on the amount of players that log in everyday

hakry
I would assume the ViT fanbois would be pissed they're losing their jedi.

No tbh I will miss killing other peoples Jedi and who are you?

Dritzer
I vote wipe too

trunck
04-26-2010, 12:04 AM
wipe..kkthx

Mahonra
04-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Give us BLUE FROGS and BASES!! WOOHOO!!

OMG just the thought of it makes me EXCITED!

inyri
04-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Do I sense some sarcasm, Mahonra?

SirJMon
04-26-2010, 12:05 AM

No kidding. I don't even play mine. they're way to gimped to waste my time. I have much more fun playing other classes.

Mahonra
04-26-2010, 12:06 AM

Well, I only picked up BHing for the PvP. If we had BLUE FROGS and BASES I would be STOKED! :)

safak
04-26-2010, 12:08 AM
if it can benefit the dev team yeah im all for it.

i can definatly see how they can use it as a test launch, if they are at the point it helps them learn even 1 thing for that wipe away. i want that day to be as smooth as possible.

Mahonra
04-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Do I sense some sarcasm, Mahonra?

Not at all actually.

I'm begin dead serious about BLUE FROGS. I loved them. I remember last summer I would log on at night and within 15-20 mins I would be pwning Imps. (Or getting pwned by them)

It was great. If a wipe has to take place, I BEG the devs to give us back the BLUE FROGS to tide us over until the OR.

Tmoney909
04-26-2010, 12:09 AM
i vote no on the wipe.
i would be down for an inventory/cash wipe if possible, but definitely not a wipe of characters until OR

rkand
04-26-2010, 12:10 AM
I agree it is a test site and if a wipe is necessary to make the or better than I agree with the wipe/

kookaburra
This is a test server. Occasional wipes should be expected.
It might even piss off some of the exploiters enough so that they'll leave forever.
I say go for it.

trunck
Not at all actually.

I'm begin dead serious about BLUE FROGS. I loved them. I remember last summer I would log on at night and within 15-20 mins I would be pwning Imps. (Or getting pwned by them)

It was great. If a wipe has to take place, I BEG the devs to give us back the BLUE FROGS to tide us over until the OR.i agree :ewok:

Thurisaz
04-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Not at all actually.

It was great. If a wipe has to take place, I BEG the devs to give us back the BLUE FROGS to tide us over until the OR.

Absolutely yes. We want frogs back.

illyena1087
04-26-2010, 12:14 AM
i agree with the the idea that wiping now before the OR doesn't make alot of sense. Dupers will dupe even if u take their duped credits away. Wiping now will just cause alot of people to leave.

Re'Tak
04-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Wipe it all.

Too many duped credits, FAR too many Jedi duelers in Cnet, and just too much exploited junk in general.

Johnson_chimeara
04-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Imo a wipe now would be useless unless the dupes are fixed.

TrentTyler
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Wipe it all, it can only help the game in the long run. I also like the casual mention of implementing a few things that current build wont allow. Have at it and make it better

Twiz
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
This is a test server. Occasional wipes should be expected.
It might even piss off some of the exploiters enough so that they'll leave forever.
I say go for it.

yea from what ive and heard throughout the time i have been playing, there wasnt going to be a wipe till OR. im ok with knowing my toon will be wiped for the OR but to have it completely wiped randomly cuz some people cant play the game fairly really kills my passion to play/test this game.

Anukete
04-26-2010, 12:18 AM
if it needs a wipe, I say wipe it. We all know we play here to help test...So you should expect wipes, and if you cannot handle that then perhaps this is not the place for you to be playing =) With all respect of course.

Hicho
04-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Not just ruining it for the dupers, but ruining it for everyone else who aren't involved with the dupe exploit. I'm all for the wipe of credits/inventory and so on. But a full wipe. No reason to get rid of the characters.

Twiz
04-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Absolutely yes. We want frogs back.

frogs werent all that great. yea it boosted pvp but thats the only thing that was fun. why go out into the wilderness and do anything else when an npc just hands you masteries and items?

AlmightyGrain
04-26-2010, 12:23 AM
I think that instead of blue frogs the XP rate should be increased even more. When is the wipe going to happen if we vote yes?

Automan
04-26-2010, 12:23 AM
BLUE FROGS!!

If you gotta degauss the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

It's gonna be hard for people to invest the time into grinding up new characters, when they know the OR is getting very close.

So once again I say...BLUE FROGS!!!

fixed

but beside that...blue frogs are for lazy players who can't get their head around the fact that you have to work for a template for a couples of days before you get the payback

SpartusTana
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Imo a wipe now would be useless unless the dupes are fixed.

I wholeheartedly agree. Unless the dupes hacks and exploits are fixed, a wipe is pointless. Those that know the dupes hacks and exploits will just do them over and over without regard to how many wipes there are.

So I vote yes, IF the dupes exploits and hacks are fixed, but if not, I vote NO.

HeroStar
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Its been stated that it can get wiped at anytime, and that they would TRY not to wipe it until the OR is complete. It's a TEST server. What do people not get? If you were playing hours and hours so you could be 'teh Pwnage king", instead of playing for the advancement and success of this project, then we don't need you here anyways.

cru jodo
04-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Its been stated that it can get wiped at anytime, and that they would TRY not to wipe it until the OR is complete. It's a TEST server. What do people not get? If you were playing hours and hours so you could be 'teh Pwnage king", instead of playing for the advancement and success of this project, then we don't need you here anyways.

amen

yellek
04-26-2010, 12:29 AM
I voted yes....If they only wiped the creds/inv they probably wouldn't be able to implement the new features for testing and the fact that a wipe could help future progress would be null....FULL WIPE! And why on earth would anyone want the blue frogs back? That takes all of the fun out of the game...you will instantly master any prof you want and be bored in a month or so. yesyesyesyes! Vote yes on wipe campaign '10!!!

it seems that some people are voting no because they aren't sure of what WILL be fixed and what WILL be added, if I know the devs they may be keeping some of it a surprise but if there was a list or something just of what is going to be fixed, wipe pending, then that may sway a few votes.

Pink Floyd
04-26-2010, 12:30 AM
wipe would be for the greater good. id like to see a higher risk factor for the jedi as well. waving a saber around freely doesnt go the time period

mrclopes
04-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I voted yes, as long it will make possible to add new updates, new progresses on code and stuff like that. And if it's the case, should have done right away without asking.

I noticed there wasn't any update past 3 months, perhaps it required a wipe then? In my view, new updates is more important than anything else. I don't know about this hacking stuff, but I see this as a minor problem on a Test Center right now, if "Hacking" was the only reason for a wipe, I would have voted no.

mythus
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Give us a wipe to shake things up and give us something to do.

Out4Bl00d1
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Nobody is playing for the advancement of the game at this point. Nothing we do, none of the bugs we report are going to be fixed. The OR is the priority. The exploiters will continue to exploit if we don't solve the dupes and such. Which means valuable time spent working on OR stuff will be diverted. I don't get why people get worked up because the economy is in the toilet and there's Jedi running around everywhere. Let's focus on the big picture and not divide the community further.

Thurisaz
04-26-2010, 12:34 AM
frogs werent all that great. yea it boosted pvp but thats the only thing that was fun. why go out into the wilderness and do anything else when an npc just hands you masteries and items?

Cause grinding has been tested enough for what i can say and personally I'm not gonna grind all over again what i've got so far.

Twiz
04-26-2010, 12:35 AM

if you knew me then you would know that i dont try to be "the pwnage king" i know this is a test center, ive experienced the wipes i just am trying to reason why a FULL wipe atm would be negative towards this project instead of positive. . judging by your join date this would be your first ever wipe.

brattyzola
04-26-2010, 12:35 AM
read the original post again, they will be fixed.

mattsg
04-26-2010, 12:36 AM
If the wipe goes through, regardless of how comprehensive it is, Can we please keep character names/slots assigned to our accounts? I can only wonder at the few that maybe thinking of this wipe as an opportunity to steal names for either vendetta or just plain cause headaches and confusion. Am I the only one that is afraid of this?

----
IGN: Rhodan (SOO)

cxccharlie
04-26-2010, 12:37 AM
i vote wipe--

slowbacca
04-26-2010, 12:39 AM
why ask? as far as i remember (and i'm probably wrong) we were told there would be a wipe before OR, but there were no statements that there would be only one wipe before OR. if a wipe is needed to further the project, wipe it, and wipe it all. if not then let it ride.

SirJMon
Stop going crazy with your conspiracy.

Take a look at the "revised" post.

Now what were you saying again? If you think that's all, think again.

Barber
All my years on diablo 2, duping has always been patched but guess what, a new dupe method appears, it will be the same here and if anyone denys that sorry, people who cheat and want to cheat will ALWAYS find a way i know it sucks but that is the way of the gaming world. So if your wiping just because of the dupes, than well you should wipe once a week then. If anything fix the loot get rid of the overpowered weapons, and wipe. The dupers will always be around I know it sucks but its more so the loot thats killing the game, who needs credits if there is no over powered loot?

JamisonG
DO IT!

Then add Blue frogs..

Keichii Tsuchiya.

yellek
04-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Excellent with the updated thread the only reason I can see anyone voting no now is because they are just too lazy to regrind...or they never played pre cu and don't know what "real" loss is ROFL

cxccharlie
04-26-2010, 12:41 AM
its a TS Wipe weekly if you have to . Till they fix hackin.Could be here for hours writing why,but im sure someone else will explain why for me

yellek
04-26-2010, 12:43 AM
you can kiss my brown crusty butt moron if you learn to read thats not what i said i dont have alot of credits so thats not what affects me at all.TRY AGAIN

Lets remain "mature" about this...instead of saying guess again perhaps you could let everyone know what your reasoning is, it would be much more helpful in swaying people to vote for your cause.

mcwilly10
04-26-2010, 12:44 AM
possibly losing a bunch of impatient children and/or childish adults? Sounds good.

Trust me, i think "losing 30% of your testers" is not as bad as one might think. If they are so impatient, they likely weren't testing or providing any useful information. Further still, there is little reason to assume they'd be any more useful during the or testing phases.

true fair enough

Twiz
04-26-2010, 12:46 AM
honestly after reading the revised post it looks like they are wasting time on the current status of TC nova that they could be spending on the OR

joemoefoe510
04-26-2010, 12:48 AM
DO IT!

Then add Blue frogs..

Keichii Tsuchiya.

i agree, wipe it like you just had taco bell. only add frogs just for limited time to get things rolling again. but only essentials like generic buffs and minerals.

brattyzola
04-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Yes, for the greater cause!

Mahonra
04-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Take a look at the "revised" post.

Now what were you saying again? If you think that's all, think again.

So they change the unlock method? Big deal. Half the fun initially was trying to figure it out.

Krendal
04-26-2010, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=odwill;587673]Greetings SWGEmu community!

What we propose changing

* Better equalizing crafted items and looted item quality
* Fixing bazaar exploits

How? Can you please outline some high level ideas on what would be done?

CrackPipe2011
04-26-2010, 12:58 AM
i still say FROGS

Labyrinth
04-26-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure I understand how "fixes" and "tweaks" can actually be used to back the "it's process, get over it and regrind" argument.

We already have identical components removed to make crafting possible without factories. How much more convoluted does it need to be to satisfy people until the OR is finished and make the progress junkies feel like something fascinating is happening? It's not like the removal of identical components brings us anywhere closer to vanilla pre-CU and if the things said about the TC code-base are true, then the OR is virtually a rewrite anyway.

That being said, if the devs would like a place to test whatever system they feel like with the raw numbers of the community to back it, how about making that clear and making it a priority, instead of saying that the TC is (currently), "a way to entertain and reward the playerbase until the OR is finished."

EVILJUDE
04-26-2010, 01:04 AM
if the devs deem it's necessary, i say go ahead. don't leave it up to a community with biased opinions.

SIN_Viper
04-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I may not want to start over but I like to play on a level playing field. So I vote yes on the wipe and I am fully prepared to rebuild everything all over again.

Bust those Hackers every time.

tcnighteyes
04-26-2010, 01:05 AM
i vote no to the wipe till OR is done. If OR has nothing to do with TC then why bother with messing with TC now? Just work on OR thats what is needed. No need imop for wiping TC...

Lamune
04-26-2010, 01:06 AM
I may not want to start over but I like to play on a level playing field. So I vote yes on the wipe and I am fully prepared to rebuild everything all over again.

Bust those Hackers every time.

We can always punish the exploiters by deleting their characters. That'll--- oh, wait...

Adler1984
04-26-2010, 01:08 AM
" What we propose changing
* Revising the jedi unlock
* Implementing credit duping fixes
* Implementing item duping fixes
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone. "

Okay, I know I haven't been on TC the longest period of time yet, but I honestly look at this proposal as one that doesn't have much of a point. Aside from changing the Jedi unlock system a bit (which would then nullify everything that everyone's done to late in order to get their Jedi), and POSSIBLY seeing more equality among crafted and looted items (my question would be HOW this would be implemented... would they nerf looted weps or would they actually provide GOOD resources for crafters?) there aren't any tangible benefits to wiping and restarting with the same old code + a couple of tweaks.

Who would this really benefit? As for testing the server, having the large number of items and characters to keep a database of, plus the existing server population would seem to test the server even more than wiping it, and implementing a slight content switch with Jedi (which could be buggy or near impossible to figure out) or an undisclosed means of making the items in game more on par, crafting and looting wise.

I vote No as there are too many variables at this time, and not enough information has been released on the HOWS and WHATS of what would be done in order to make the wipe actually beneficial. I honestly could also see how it could push a lot of people into just stopping playing for awhile or altogether as all the work they put into their characters was toasted just to implement a credit/item dupe fix, tweak Jedi a bit, and possibly make craftable items more equal. Not a HUGE benefit for such a big loss.

I see a lot of posts saying "I vote yes if..." Well what if the "if..." doesn't come to pass? Are there any people who are going to STOP playing if no wipe Pre- OR hits? Are there any people who'll come back if a wipe happens and resets it to zero? If we're wanting to test the server, having as many people playing/running characters, collecting items, placing harvesters, adding inventory, etc... will test the server. It just seems this wipe has WAY too many unknowns that could backfire.

What if the new Jedi system doesn't work right and has to be reverted? What if instead of craftable schems being bugged, harvesters end up being completely useless again? Too many variables when you talk about wiping, then changing the code. As it is now, we all pretty much know the ins and outs of the bugs and problems, and a wipe is counterproductive to that...especially when bugfixes on TC are not even being targeted anymore.

If there was an addition of EXTRA CONTENT to actually TEST, i.e. CH, Houses, Backpacks, etc... in prep for OR, then I'd be all for it... but there's nothing really beneficial to this wipe.

Just my two cents.

Chaotik
We all know the wipe inevitable at this point.. Real question is when are they wiping it..

Lamune
If the wipe goes through, regardless of how comprehensive it is, Can we please keep character names/slots assigned to our accounts? I can only wonder at the few that maybe thinking of this wipe as an opportunity to steal names for either vendetta or just plain cause headaches and confusion. Am I the only one that is afraid of this?

Afraid of it? Hell, I'm looking forward to it!

-IGN: Mahonra :p

SomeoneImportant
04-26-2010, 01:09 AM
We need this wipe to remove all the credits that I duped.

tippythop
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
I say yes to the wipe anything to fix tc. BUT I do agree on Blue Frogs be implemented back in for a couple of months so we could at least get back to where we were :P

yamahard
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
I voted yes.

Satoc
04-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Wipe them out... All of them.

altkevin
04-26-2010, 01:16 AM
My 'yes' vote is conditional.
As a vet. Swg player I find it irritating that we have full functioning Jedi, but no droids or buildings, and FAIL extractors. No wearable packs from tailor, no real use for CH, or DE. I say if a wipe will fix or bring about a fix to these CORE professions. I will be on board. If ALL this is about, is to fix in game economy then >NO WAY<

Twiz
04-26-2010, 01:17 AM
" What we propose changing
* Fixing bazaar exploits

This would mean that everything would be deleted; characters, accounts, items, etc. We will NOT consider any partial deletes because they would just cause big problems.

Advantages: Duped economy would be reset, jedi would be more of a mystery again.
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone. "

Okay, I know I haven't been on TC the longest period of time yet, but I honestly look at this proposal as one that doesn't have much of a point. Aside from changing the Jedi unlock system a bit (which would then nullify everything that everyone's done to late in order to get their Jedi), and POSSIBLY seeing more equality among crafted and looted items (my question would be HOW this would be implemented... would they nerf looted weps or would they actually provide GOOD resources for crafters?) there aren't any tangible benefits to wiping and restarting with the same old code + a couple of tweaks.

Who would this really benefit? As for testing the server, having the large number of items and characters to keep a database of, plus the existing server population would seem to test the server even more than wiping it, and implementing a slight content switch with Jedi (which could be buggy or near impossible to figure out) or an undisclosed means of making the items in game more on par, crafting and looting wise.

I vote No as there are too many variables at this time, and not enough information has been released on the HOWS and WHATS of what would be done in order to make the wipe actually beneficial. I honestly could also see how it could push a lot of people into just stopping playing for awhile or altogether as all the work they put into their characters was toasted just to implement a credit/item dupe fix, tweak Jedi a bit, and possibly make craftable items more equal. Not a HUGE benefit for such a big loss.

I see a lot of posts saying "I vote yes if..." Well what if the "if..." doesn't come to pass? Are there any people who are going to STOP playing if no wipe Pre- OR hits? Are there any people who'll come back if a wipe happens and resets it to zero? If we're wanting to test the server, having as many people playing/running characters, collecting items, placing harvesters, adding inventory, etc... will test the server. It just seems this wipe has WAY too many unknowns that could backfire.

What if the new Jedi system doesn't work right and has to be reverted? What if instead of craftable schems being bugged, harvesters end up being completely useless again? Too many variables when you talk about wiping, then changing the code. As it is now, we all pretty much know the ins and outs of the bugs and problems, and a wipe is counterproductive to that...especially when bugfixes on TC are not even being targeted anymore.

If there was an addition of EXTRA CONTENT to actually TEST, i.e. CH, Houses, Backpacks, etc... in prep for OR, then I'd be all for it... but there's nothing really beneficial to this wipe.

Just my two cents.

best post in here. thank you

cru jodo
04-26-2010, 01:18 AM
oh yes, shame i can't rank my jedi by making as many overt artisans to pwn as i please. really missing out. shucks

vergol
04-26-2010, 01:19 AM
NO. BLUE. FROGS.

Interdependence is key for a flourishing economy. Blue Frogs would abort the economy before its birth.

Glandor
04-26-2010, 01:20 AM
I personally am in favor of the wipe.

However, it seems that contraversy over this has generated a great divide in the community.
I am all for the economy being fixed, but if this takes anything away from the OR I'm against it.

I only hope that whatever happens, this does not end up causing civil war among our community.

Bostwain
04-26-2010, 01:23 AM
No, I'm sorry people will exploit the system post wipe once they find something to exploit. It's not going to change, people will always cheat, its human nature. Please, focus on the OR and leave this server how it is until you guys have the OR for us. No point in dropping more time into what is essentially a timesink considering most of this coding will be unusable next time around anyway.

trunck
04-26-2010, 01:24 AM
btw... wait what

freakinbox
04-26-2010, 01:25 AM
I'd also like to know when since there's no point in doing anything I normally do currently...

I still say the good doesn't out way the bad.

also couldn't the blue frogs be set up just to give you professions rather than items as well?

mrclopes
04-26-2010, 01:25 AM
I've read the edited topic, and it seems TC in it's current state, is just something to keep players "busy" till OR. And I thought I was helping the project by playing on TC... naive me.

So I would like to withdraw my vote or exchange it to a null vote or something. What's the point on TC then? No matter what we find on TC, they won't be used in the OR anyway... TC is a bit pointless right now, and I want no part in this.

cru jodo
04-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Perma overt jedi. Would be fun as hell you noob.

pfft, says the guy who doesn't play his when the only threat is the occasional BH.

Face it, You were only a good jedi when you have a guild of a dozen plus jedi healing you and transferring you force. As soon as adversity happened, you quit.

tmar
04-26-2010, 01:28 AM
I agree with Tygaar and Vex its true it is a test server and who cares if a few immature burt hurt 12 year olds get mad it will make the game better and more efficient in the long run and overall scheme of things because it will give us an opportunity to test out the new stuff for the OR so everything isnt bugged when the OR comes out

There will be another wipe with the OR. It's isn't better or more efficient to do it now. There isn't any testing going on ATM. Sorry, you just don't know what your talking about. If they just kept developing with what currently on Nova it would be like building a structure on an uneven foundation. The OR is leveling or making a true foundation to start building on.

It doesn't really matter for me either way. It's just a pain waiting for crafters to catch up to what the masses need. If you could add frogs (for a few weeks) with grind resources for getting the ball rolling.

romantek
04-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone.

The economy will eventually turn out the same way. exploits appear every day in many many MMOs, fixing a few shouldn't demand an entire wipe.

Fixing looted and crafted item quality is a fantastic idea and worthy of a wipe if it is completely necessary. I have no coding knowledge.. although, ive played many games long enough to see similar changes without a wipe.

A "new" way to unlock jedi and a fresh start on the economy doesn't seem valid enough for a wipe. If we need to test a new unlock method, great... but it seems the attention and time should be spent on adding features/content to the OR.

Players QQing over too many jedi are ignorant in my opinion. eventually when the final unlocking system is in place, more than 80% of the player base will work on obtaining a jedi..

im not afraid of losing items, credits, skill boxes at all.. ive tested many games and know its part of the process. it just seems this is a rabbit trail due to exploiters.

Adler1984
04-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey Forum mods, is there a way to RESET the Poll and allow people to vote on the REVISED version? I see posts in here that say "well now seeing revised, I withdraw my vote", etc...
Maybe Lock this post, re-add the poll, and allow people to re-post thoughts, minus all the added chatter that's not constructive to the actual question?

Philip
04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Hey Forum mods, is there a way to RESET the Poll and allow people to vote on the REVISED version? I see posts in here that say "well now seeing revised, I withdraw my vote", etc...
Maybe Lock this post, re-add the poll, and allow people to re-post thoughts, minus all the added chatter that's not constructive to the actual question?

+1 to this man.

Eeslesrik
04-26-2010, 01:35 AM

I second this.

Lamune
04-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Since I don't have the time or the energy right now to read back and quote individual smacktards, I'll just generally address a few of the stupider arguments made by some of our more "special" posters:

http://nomorenoodles.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/cartman-special-olympics-256x256.png

"We need a wipe because I'm bored! There is nothing to do!"

Protip: You can start a new, clean character at any time and grind professions at any time- which is exactly what you'll be doing after the wipe! Imagine that! For extra challenge, don't give yourself items and credits from your own alts! It's like starting clean ANY TIME YOU WANT!

"We can't have frogs! What fun is there if we eliminate weeks of pointless profession grinding on dead code!? I'd get bored and quit!"

Protip- If the only thing in this game that amuses you is grinding new templates... don't use the frogs. Go grind all you like! You can enjoy all your well-spent hours not testing a damn thing while the rest of us continue to also not test a damn thing. (Dead code, remember?) If any completely new classes get added (unlikely) guess what! We can still test those!

Individuals making such regarded comments can stop at the door to pick up their complimentary bike helm before they hurt themselves.

P.S.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4426/82525277.jpg

Twiz
04-26-2010, 01:41 AM

i agree also. you say you want to see our feedback and theres a lot of attention hungry trolls and blue frogs in here now making it hard to see actual thoughts and feedback.

criticalmass
04-26-2010, 01:44 AM
If you put houses and factories in then I vote yes, otherwise NO!
adding a little peek at things by adding say small homes and factories would make a wipe worth it

most of these guys dont wanna lose their bugged gear or easy jedi

Dashie

I agree with this as well. Alot of people are changing how they think after reading the revised notes.

Eeslesrik
Not trying to be a troll frog, but if we're testing dead code, we might as well have fun with it and toss in a blue frog.

-ace-
04-26-2010, 01:45 AM
hey forum mods, is there a way to reset the poll and allow people to vote on the revised version? I see posts in here that say "well now seeing revised, i withdraw my vote", etc...
Maybe lock this post, re-add the poll, and allow people to re-post thoughts, minus all the added chatter that's not constructive to the actual question?

qfe

Twiz
04-26-2010, 01:48 AM
adding a little peek at things by adding say small homes and factories would make a wipe worth it

most of these guys dont wanna lose their bugged gear or easy jedi

they arent even close to done with OR we wont see features of the OR for a LONG time. Its in the original post that the OR isnt even close to current the NOVA feature wise.

most of the ppl voting no have extremely valid reasons as to why and they are not because of "bugged gear" and "easy jedi"

not everyone has those things

Eeslesrik
04-26-2010, 01:49 AM
they arent even close to done with OR we wont see features of the OR for a LONG time. Its in the original post that the OR isnt even close to current the NOVA feature wise.

Well to put it plainly, they had to rewrite the entire game. So I don't see why this is such a huge surprise.

9cpaddy
04-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Wipe everyting make it even for everyone

mugenpovver
04-26-2010, 01:53 AM
just do it if your gonna do it..don't linger for weeks!

s3kShUn3iGhT33n
04-26-2010, 01:54 AM
New jedi unlock system would be cool i think i saw at least 3 jedi unlock messages while playing this last week 0_o and sometimes more than that perviously but again i voted yes but b4 they revised what they were "adding". but since a wipe looks imminent BLUE FROGS PLZ !!

Twiz
04-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Well to put it plainly, they had to rewrite the entire game. So I don't see why this is such a huge surprise.

its not a surpise to me. its just that ppl think if they vote yes to this wipe we are going get a sneak peak or test a feature of OR. which is wrong because of the fact that they are rewriting it and arent even close to being done.

tippythop
04-26-2010, 01:57 AM

most of the ppl voting no have extremely valid reasons as to why and they are not because of "bugged gear" and "easy jedi"

not everyone has those things

Actually you are wrong about not even being close to done with the OR. Since about the start of March IF you look at the svn repo youd see that they are slowly rolling out parts of the OR. Yes you're right about features but like stated even on the first page the CORE code of the OR is mainly finished its just gonna be a while for features.

JonnyMe
04-26-2010, 01:59 AM
I feel the recent dupes have had a huge impact on the economy that it may never recover and just screw everyone over who plays this game fairly. I support this wipe, and think its very needed right now.

Revan
04-26-2010, 01:59 AM
I think that wiping should be done only if needed for the development of the game, sot for the sake of ppl playing it, or game economy etc...
Also there is no way to be sure that with the wiping all the problems you are facing with cheaters will be fixed. A new way of duping items/credits can be find and another wipe will be needed again.
So i think that wiping the server now it will damage mainly non-cheaters (like me) who grinded many professions on TC and now would like to play and test other features beside the mere grinding of proffs.
Also from the Jedi point of view, i see that there are many jedis everywhere, but these ppl will try to get the jedi again from the starting of the new TC, and they will play only to get that proff misregarding of testing other game features.

That (and a bit more) is why I vote NO.

Sry for bad english.

Rev

Audune
04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Just so you know:

No we cant reset everyones vote because the original post wasn't clear enough...

The only way we can now get anything accurate is to actually stop this thread (delete or lock) and create a new one.

BTW: I voted no.

Mahonra
04-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Before I forget to ask, how's your guild doing mahonra? Oh that's right, you don't have one. Unless you're counting the 4 spinoffs to the(trying not to laugh here) TBB guild. I also love how your vent is a complete mess...so I hear. Yeah, you're doing great over there. Keep up the good work. Do they have to ask to go to the bathroom over there too or do you at least let them think for themselves a little bit?

/getting you another tissue for your tears

Umad?

MY guild is kicking A$$!!!

MBH = Mahonra's Bounty Hunter.

I'm not like you. I don't seek leadership, control, or power. It usually just falls upon me. Which is sad, because your GRAND PLAN of making a kick ass guild failed. Bad. REALLY bad. On the other hand, I haven't even attempted to start a real guild. If I did, you would know.

See, when people see RiSeN, they think DOUCHEBAGS.

When they see me, they think SEXY SCHOOLGIRL TWILEK! Ohh baby!

Lol @ how you always say UMAD?! God you have sucked ViT off so much, that you think making someone mad is an accomplishment. That's the RiSeN mentality I suppose.

And btw, no, I'm not mad. Lol.

Aiax
04-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Wipe it.

Twiz
04-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Actually you are wrong about not even being close to done with the OR. Since about the start of March IF you look at the svn repo youd see that they are slowly rolling out parts of the OR. Yes you're right about features but like stated even on the first page the CORE code of the OR is mainly finished its just gonna be a while for features.

Its gonna be a while for the features. Meaning they wont be finished with the OR for a long time. I see that as not being close to finished. What I meant was its not like the OR is coming out soon and that we wont be seeing anything from the OR any time soon.

Kufu
04-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Well all I can say and I know people will feel the same way regradless of how we voted, If you guys are going to a wipe then just get it done. I know myself and some of my friends have no desire to do anything right now. There is no point if whatever we do is gone in a week.

So please decide quick and get it done one way or the other. So we can start over (frogs would be nice for skills) or we can carry on with whatever we were all doing already. Thanks.

Spun
04-26-2010, 02:05 AM
I voted yes, it's a test center afterall, let's not forget that.

obeloviper95
04-26-2010, 02:06 AM
I say do what needs to be done. This is a TEST server. If people are worried about grinding then they really are testing things they are just look for exploits...i my self have a few dif toons all working in dif directions just to try everything again. If restarting helps SWGemu then it needs to be done. thats what TEST servers are for.

AlmightyGrain
04-26-2010, 02:06 AM
It comes as no surprise to me that everyone who voted no now wants to ask the GMs for a re-vote. Sorry everyone, big waste of freakin time just to get the same result. If you havn't noticed yet, it went from being pretty close to the number of yes votes being double that of no. Those results won't change and the wipe will happen. Please no more talk of another poll on this matter.

s3kShUn3iGhT33n
04-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Btw do we have some kind of eta on this wipe if it is happening at all

Lamune
It comes as no surprise to me that everyone who voted no now wants to ask the GMs for a re-vote.

Everyone. Including all those posts with people who voted 'yes' wanting to change their answer to 'no.'
But that's so cute how you're taking the initiative to speak for everyone. I'd pinch your cheek. Really I would. It's adorable.

I voted yes, it's a test center afterall, let's not forget that.

Great! So what will we be testing? I think we've got the profession grind covered already.

http://www.bluefroggrill.com/images/BlueFrogLogo2.jpg

Revan
Just so you know:

The only way we can now get anything accurate is to actually stop this thread (delete or lock) and create a new one.

So i think you should do it in order to have a coherent result with the proposal

trooperP
04-26-2010, 02:08 AM
if youre gonna wipe do it NOW please ... thanks

AlmightyGrain
04-26-2010, 02:09 AM
So i think you should do it in order to have a coherent result with the proposal

Yeah, the proposal never changed though. The proposal was to wipe, or not to wipe. It's that simple

AlmightyGrain
04-26-2010, 02:14 AM
So the GMs ask for our opinions and u guys use this thread to flame eachother. Real nice

taz
04-26-2010, 02:19 AM
can we please keep this thread for the poll etc and stop this personal crap in here...

on another note...
if this wipe is or isn't taking place can you Dev's please work it out ASAP and do what ever is needed.

As i dont mine either way (I know its not about me) but for me personally i dont really feel like getting on the TC until i know whats happening.

AlmightyGrain
04-26-2010, 02:21 AM
What yall don't realize is that to even play star wars galaxies pre-cu is a blessing. We pretty much shouldn't even be doing it without a time machine, but here we are. I don't care how many times it gets wiped. THIS IS SWG WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD. Be happy that it is here.

Raethena
I'm not one of those people who have much to lose in a total wipe, neither of my 2 characters have much in terms of items/credits or skill. However, if the wipe doesn't implement anything substantial, I would rather not face a complete wipe of everything I've worked hard to get, even if it's not much. If we're all still just waiting on another wipe soon in the future, I don't see much of a point to a wipe now when a few month down the line the "actual" wipe will happen, again. So to the devs, please consider how much will be gained by the wipe before deciding to do it because it's not taken lightly by some of us.

Darkhalo
wipe Inventory gets my vote

ioscode
04-26-2010, 02:23 AM
I voted no, and if anyone manages to see this in between the flame war posts, here's why.

I don't mind if there's a wipe, but it seems like it is being proposed that some tweaks be implemented at the same time. I may be wrong, but it seems like that would just be more development time not spent focusing on OR. If doing these tweaks and a wipe will push out initial release of the OR by a few weeks or a month, I don't think it's worth it, even if the OR is 6-9 months away.

If the yes' win out, that's cool too, it's always fun to start fresh.

Wint3rz
04-26-2010, 02:23 AM
I say dont wipe until the OR

Elphish
04-26-2010, 02:25 AM
A wipe is probably for the best. And it figures, as soon as i am about to unlock jedi, it will all change. reminds me of trying to get that last profession in to unlock pre-cu or during the CU, unlocking 2 weeks before nge came about.... Not comparing this to the crap fest that was SOE, just the timing :)

But it truly is a good idea, gives the devs a chance to test the fixes and see if any more exploits are possible they didn't anticipate. though gungans would be nice, at least to elite novice levels.

jafo5
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Ok I realize I'm very new to this server but I have been a long time SWG guy, but this seems very drastic to me. Exploits in games exsist whether you want them to or not. It is impossible to completely make a game bug free, it's just not do-able, the amount of time and man power involved isn't worth the outcome. If you fix these people will just attempt to find more, fine wipe the credits, wipe the inventories, but you will lose more by doing a wipe now.

You will lose a decent sized chunk of the community you are playing with. I myself have ground up an entertainer, AS, WS, Doctor, and melee stacker, I have no intention of doing that again it's just too time intensive to do it again. Focus on the OR that is what is important right now getting this game to live for us to enjoy because we believe in what you are doing. Don't let the few exploiters ruin it for the whole of the community.

Twiz
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
I voted no, and if anyone manages to see this in between the flame war posts, here's why.

I don't mind if there's a wipe, but it seems like it is being proposed that some tweaks be implemented at the same time. I may be wrong, but it seems like that would just be more development time not spent focusing on OR. If doing these tweaks and a wipe will push out initial release of the OR by a few weeks or a month, I don't think it's worth it, even if the OR is 6-9 months away.

If the yes' win out, that's cool too, it's always fun to start fresh.

i agree there just doesn't seem to be a valid point to wipe, yes it will get rid of the dupers but lets be real.... for how long? a month maybe?

Leko
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Not a fan of credit exploits. Finished rumors and went to buy a holo, and the closer I get to how much they cost, the higher they go. It is out of reach and I see no change in that pattern. One of the root causes of that is duped credits. I earn all mine by crafting, and I'll never catch up.

Please fix as many cheats as possible and level the playing field.

Leko

Ekra
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
i say wipe the money and inventories if you have to but not the toons. ban the accounts you find duping. i want a house, lol!

Twiz
04-26-2010, 02:34 AM
Ok.

Do you wipe before you take a dump? I doubt it, but if you do, then this is essentially the same thing. It's just going to happen again.

yea but this wipe is like taking a piss then wiping your butt..... completely unnecessary

tehmulletman
04-26-2010, 02:35 AM
i think we'd all kill for houses or atleast backpacks at this point haha

Lamune
04-26-2010, 02:37 AM
I myself have ground up an entertainer, AS, WS, Doctor, and melee stacker, I have no intention of doing that again it's just too time intensive to do it again.

If only there was a way to continue to test what little 'updated' code might be added after the wipe without the need to waste countless hours not actually accomplishing anything that benefits the server...

http://www.ifliprealestate.com/logos/BLUEFROG.jpg

Jace
04-26-2010, 02:38 AM
I voted no, unless the wipe and resulting changes wouldn't delay or take development efforts away from the OR.

Philip
04-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Basically if you're saying the OR is a few months away from what we have now, why aren't we waiting for the OR? If you wipe it now i'm sure you will lose quite a few people until the OR is finally implemented, it seems pointless in every aspect unless you're 16 years old and are tired of getting killed by kids with amazing weapons.

Kufu
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
If only there was a way to continue to test what little 'updated' code might be added after the wipe without the need to waste countless hours not actually accomplishing anything that benefits the server...

http://www.ifliprealestate.com/logos/BLUEFROG.jpg

This^^^^^^^

Thurisaz
04-26-2010, 02:42 AM
What we propose changing

* Fixing bazaar exploits

Disadvantages: Everything done on TC for the last 6 months would be gone.

We are almost done with the core structure of the OR, and are beginning to add content to it, but it will be many months before it is on par with what is currently on TC (Feature-wise). We wanted to give the community a choice on how to proceed.

Please vote! Please provide feedback in a post with your vote. We are watching this closely and your opinion is important to us.

*Please note* Starting soon, you will not be able to log on to TC until you vote.

Honestly, at these terms i would prefer the server not to be wiped until OR is complete. If you guys are going to wipe then please consider people like me who spent time on the fs unlocking process and give us some days of free jedi before the whipe, cause im not gonna play at all until the final release at this point.

Solitomortis
04-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Maybe not implement the blue frogs, but would it be possible to give some kind of boost to the community after the wipe? Something to help stim the fresh grind. Maybe remove the cost of training for the first week or the wipe or something along that line to help stimulate people into grinding characters but without giving them it without some work.

marine544
04-26-2010, 02:51 AM
i voted no but i got thinking about it what will it really hurt if it improves the game and makes it better for all of us then i say wipe this baby clean i love old swg and i love playing the the game so do it !

AlmightyGrain
04-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Basically if you're saying the OR is a few months away from what we have now, why aren't we waiting for the OR? If you wipe it now i'm sure you will lose quite a few people until the OR is finally implemented, it seems pointless in every aspect unless you're 16 years old and are tired of getting killed by kids with amazing weapons.

The people that won't leave are the people who know that there isn't and has never been a game like pre-cu SWG. Anyone who truly admires what this game has the potential to be should realize that this needs to be changed. It is very important that there be few jedi, it is even more important that the existing jedi can't be killed easily. Most people will realize how much more fun it is for everyone to be on the same page again. Like i mentioned before, a bigger raise in the xp rate would be good to let people grind back to their proffessions at less time than before. It would also make up for all the glitched npcs that can't be attacked or despawn right when they are about to die, which accounts for about 1/3 of NPCs. I say total wipe, and please try and make CH work, CH could be the perk that this game needs right now, to end some dependency on groups.

Snowtigre
04-26-2010, 02:54 AM
I vote..

I will lose all the beatifull Intiruse Ore I have Gotten..

But who care..
Jedi's will have to regrind... Boo whooooo.... ROLF..

The economy is more stable.. and everyone will have to regrind... As if that is hard to do...

SnowT

Lamune
04-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Maybe not implement the blue frogs, but would it be possible to give some kind of boost to the community after the wipe?

Professions only with no items or resources would be fine, if that can be done, and would pose no risk to the 'economy' that some folks were concerned about.

Yeah, it'll be incredibly amusing watching a master rifleman tooling around with a CDEF for a week or so till some crafters start getting resources sampled and back into production, but it'll save a ****ton of time that otherwise serves no beneficial purpose to the testing process.

http://img.webpronews.com/securitypronews/050306bluefrog.jpg

Mahonra
04-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Professions only with no items or resources would be fine, if that can be done, and would pose no risk to the 'economy' that some folks were concerned about.

Yeah, it'll be incredibly amusing watching a master rifleman tooling around with a CDEF for a week or so till some crafters start getting resources sampled and back into production, but it'll save a ****ton of time that otherwise serves no beneficial purpose to the testing process.

http://img.webpronews.com/securitypronews/050306bluefrog.jpg

I like that idea. BLUE FROGS that only give skill boxes and NOT items. Seems a fair compromise that would keep the crafters and PvPers happy until OR.

Plus you wouldn't need 100000 artisans sampling non-stop to get grinding resources for crafting profs.

Twiz
04-26-2010, 02:59 AM
The people that won't leave are the people who know that there isn't and has never been a game like pre-cu SWG. Anyone who truly admires what this game has the potential to be should realize that this needs to be changed. It is very important that there be few jedi, it is even more important that the existing jedi can't be killed easily. Most people will realize how much more fun it is for everyone to be on the same page again. Like i mentioned before, a bigger raise in the xp rate would be good to let people grind back to their proffessions at less time than before. It would also make up for all the glitched npcs that can't be attacked or despawn right when they are about to die, which accounts for about 1/3 of NPCs. I say total wipe, and please try and make CH work, CH could be the perk that this game needs right now, to end some dependency on groups.

i honestly dont think you realize that this wipe really doesnt benefit the server or the progression of the emulator at all. even with a new jedi system, ppl are going to figure it out and post guides on the forums in a few months time. at the moment we already get double xp. Also, CH will come with or after the OR and not before.

Mikla Tesla
I don't think there is any compelling reason to do a wipe before OR and I think there are some strong reasons not to. None of the changes proposed will have any significant beneficial effect on game play as it is currently experienced on Nova. Given that the OR is a completely different code base any fixes performed on Nova are in effect wasted effort at this point.

Duping and exploiting occurred throughout the lifetime of SWG and indeed every MMO I have seen, I doubt the SWGemu is in any different. It is a constant battle between developer and exploiter which never ends. If another duping exploit is uncovered post the fix will we get another wipe.

To those that say it is TC and players should expect to lose progress that is only half true.
At present if you want to play SWGemu there is only one server, players have no choice but to play on Nova or not at all. It's not like the old TC in SWG where you chose to play and test and be wiped but had live servers to play on as well.

Now I have only recently rediscovered SWGemu and whilst I knew that come the OR there would be a wipe, that was still a ways off and it was worth my while grinding out some professions and some credits because I would get to reap some reward from the time invested.

I can live with a wipe at OR becuase I get to start over on a shiny new version of the game that will be demonstratably better than what's on Nova presently.

Most players on Nova will derive no discernably benefit from the proposed minor fixes
and the OR development is not enhanced in any way.

Whether another player has 200 million credits of dubious origin or not doesn't effect me greatly when I know it will all vanish at OR.

If the devs want to attract more players to try out SWGemu then it makes more sense to leave the economy where it is, rather than blast it back to the stone age. Not everyone enjoys playing from ground zero. Those that do will get there chance when the OR is complete.

I VOTE NO to the change.

Kufu
I agree, if there is going to be a wipe give us frogs with skills only. Seems fair to me I can't see any real reason for us to all waste time re grinding. That won't solve anything just waste more of everyone's time and energy.

Lamune
04-26-2010, 03:00 AM
I like that idea. BLUE FROGS that only give skill boxes and NOT items. Seems a fair compromise that would keep the crafter and PvPers happy until OR.

I agree with you agreeing with me. Skills only- no items!

Now that is settled, you can change my vote to YES!
Now all we need to decide upon is what the frogs will look like after the wipe.
I'm thinking a bit more awesome.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.com/media/2008/08/frog_ct_europedated_sm.jpg

SanaF1
04-26-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm for, given that the profession Jedi will be unlocked.
And it will be possible to give you a folder with the profile so you can restore my players? I learned a lot of professions and do not want to lose it all ...

Futureshock
04-26-2010, 03:07 AM
I don't see how the goal of testing will be benefitted by sending everyone back to the starting areas and content. If this is truely a test center, then testing the playability of various features and zones should be more important then whether or not the economy is fair.